Help find this terrorist on a cycle

Old May 12th 10, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default Help find this terrorist on a cycle

Pedestrian seriously injured by cyclist in hit-and-run
Raymond BrownLast updated: 19/04/2010 10:35A PEDESTRIAN suffered serious
head injuries after a hit-and-run collision with a cyclist.

Police are investigating the incident which took place at about 10.50pm on
Friday on a footpath on Jesus Green, Cambridge, near the lock bridge.

The 31-year-old victim, who was walking away from the lock in a group, was
in collision with the cyclist who was heading in the opposite direction. The
cyclist was momentarily unseated but then rode on.

The man, who is from Cambridge, was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital with
serious head injuries and is currently in a stable condition.

Pc Andy Line, who is investigating, said: "I would urge anyone who was in
this area on Friday night to consider whether they saw anything that might
help this investigation.

"The pedestrian suffered serious injuries in this collision and I am keen to
find out exactly how it happened."

Anyone with information should contact Pc Line, at Sawston roads policing
unit, on 0345 456 4564.

this was on a footpath, if the cycle had number plates then the rider might
be easier to trace, and might have actually ridden more carefully in the
first place thus avoiding the ramming of the pedestrian completely.

Tell me again how cyclists hurt nobody because they are so light and
delicate.

Old May 12th 10, 11:30 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Wed, 12 May 2010 11:22:22 +0100 someone who may be "Mrcheerful"
wrote this:-

Pedestrian seriously injured by cyclist in hit-and-run

No URL I note.

this was on a footpath, if the cycle had number plates then the rider might
be easier to trace, and might have actually ridden more carefully in the
first place thus avoiding the ramming of the pedestrian completely.

You mean just like it is so easy to trace motorists and have them
prosecuted after they have terrorised pedestrians, or how having
number plates makes motorists drive more carefully? Pull the other
one.

Tell me again how cyclists hurt nobody because they are so light and
delicate.

Nice try, but your distortion of what other people have typed does
your argument no favours. Had the person been driving a car, rather
than riding a bike, they are likely to have caused far more damage
to the pedestrian. Basic physics.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54
Old May 12th 10, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

wrote this:-

[...]

the article was complete and easily found by typing a few words into google,
but just for the lazy :
http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home...it-and-run.htm

Many cars are traced by their number plates after hit and runs, cyclists are
not.
Most drivers have driver training, most cyclists do not.
The average car does not drive on the footpath in the first place, cyclists
do.

Old May 12th 10, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PhilO

On 12 May, 11:39, "Mrcheerful" wrote:

The average car does not drive on the footpath in the first place, cyclists
do.-

Apparently cycling is allowed on all of Jesus Green (except on the
bridge at
Jesus Lock) but driving is not, so I don't think that is an
appropriate comparison.

PhilO
Old May 12th 10, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr. Benn[_4_]

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
[...]

doug This demonstrates the sheer destructive force of a bicycle /doug

Old May 12th 10, 12:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Mrcheerful wrote:

Many cars are traced by their number plates after hit and runs

At the risk of channeling my inner JMS,
any (fact based) idea of the proportion or numbers?

BugBear
Old May 12th 10, 12:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

bugbear wrote:
Mrcheerful wrote:

Many cars are traced by their number plates after hit and runs

At the risk of channeling my inner JMS,
any (fact based) idea of the proportion or numbers?

BugBear

none at all, but that car that ran into the pathetic mess in lithuania was
traced by its plates, so it can happen.

Old May 12th 10, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 12 May, 12:04, "Mr. Benn" wrote:
[...]

Had it been a car the whole group would probably have been injured/
killed.

--
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
Old May 12th 10, 12:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

On 12 May, 11:22, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
[...]

I am pleased that I have now been given the go ahead here to call
killer drivers 'terrorists' too.

Old May 12th 10, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

Doug wrote:

I am pleased that I have now been given the go ahead here to call
killer drivers 'terrorists' too.

You have? How's that work?

BugBear

Does my riding a bike make me a terrorist? delboy Recumbent Biking 1 January 6th 10 02:57 PM
Squirrel Terrorist - One Less Car Snortley General 1 October 25th 07 10:39 PM
Squirrel Terrorist - One Less Car Snortley Techniques 0 October 25th 07 03:56 PM
Cyclist terrorist JNugent[_2_] UK 299 October 13th 07 08:34 PM
Flandis is a Terrorist Davey Crockett Racing 2 July 3rd 07 06:43 PM