Andrew Gilligan: detractors of cycling programme will be embarrassedonce they see benefits

Old October 20th 15, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Andrew Gilligan: detractors of cycling programme will be embarrassedonce they see benefits

"He said: "I keep saying to people in Palmers Green are you really satisfied with what it looks like? Are you really saying it's capable of no improvement? Do you really want to turn down a £30m cheque to revive what is not an absolutely ideal town centre?"

"In Enfield they assume everyone comes to the shops by car and that's not even true now, let alone in the futu 52% of all journeys to Enfield town centre are currently made by public transport, bike or walking."

And;
"Responding to anti-cycling comments made by columnist Angela Epstein this week on BBC Radio 4 and in the Telegraph, he said: "Any piece attacking cycling is guaranteed click bait and if crap freelance journalists need to make a living attacking cycling who am I to stand in their way? I can live with Angela Epstein, she's got a living to make."

http://road.cc/content/news/169394-a...-once-they-see
Old October 20th 15, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Parry

On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 09:51:40 -0700 (PDT), Alycidon
wrote:

"In Enfield they assume everyone comes to the shops by car and that's not even true now,
let alone in the futu
52% of all journeys to Enfield town centre are currently made by public transport, bike or walking."

Would that really be 50% by public transport, 1% by walking and a bit
less than 1% by pushbike?

Old October 20th 15, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Alycidon wrote:
[...]

Enfield is a chav and paki infested ******** and should be wiped of the face
of the Earth.

Andrew Gilligan and Greenwich Council Bertie Wooster[_2_] UK 0 July 24th 13 10:06 AM
The benefits of cycling Tony Raven[_3_] UK 30 November 19th 10 10:07 PM
Coalition programme for cycling Mark Lewis UK 66 May 28th 10 11:36 PM
The benefits of cycling Terri Rides 0 June 9th 06 12:47 AM
Cycling Art prints benefits non-profit Cycling Group Gary Coles Unicycling 0 April 3rd 05 08:09 PM