Personally, I really don't care if you wear a helmet or not...

Old July 28th 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hell and High Water

Default Personally, I really don't care if you wear a helmet or not...

I, on the other hand, would clearly be dead, had I not had one on that
day.

Five Broken Ribs

Broken Collar Bone

Punctured lung

Unconscious for about 10 minutes

No memory of the first hour and a half

'Woke Up' in an ambulance...

Say what you will, think what you think, and do as you choose, but
you'll NEVER see me riding a bike without a helmet.

-Bob

Old July 28th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zog The Undeniable

Then why tell us the story?
Old July 28th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
Then why tell us the story?

Whaddya, NEW?

Old July 28th 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zog The Undeniable

Bill Sornson wrote:

Whaddya, NEW?

No, but I've not been reading the group regularly for a couple of months
(I try to get out more in summer). I take it the OP is a prolific troll?
Old July 28th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bill Sornson

Zog The Undeniable wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:

Whaddya, NEW?

No, but I've not been reading the group regularly for a couple of
months (I try to get out more in summer). I take it the OP is a
prolific troll?

No, at least AFAIK. It's just that "Lid Wars 2006" have been raging (or
limping along) for months now; H&HW just started a new thread instead of
adding a 5017th to the current one.

Old July 28th 06, 08:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Stan Cox

Bill Sornson wrote:
Zog The Undeniable wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:

Whaddya, NEW?

No, but I've not been reading the group regularly for a couple of
months (I try to get out more in summer). I take it the OP is a
prolific troll?

No, at least AFAIK. It's just that "Lid Wars 2006" have been raging (or
limping along) for months now; H&HW just started a new thread instead of
adding a 5017th to the current one.

Ah the joys of Thunderbird and the Kill thread button (K) All H**met
threads go that way.

Stan Cox
Old July 28th 06, 09:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

In article ,
Hell and High Water wrote:

I, on the other hand, would clearly be dead, had I not had one on that
day.

Five Broken Ribs

Broken Collar Bone

Punctured lung

None of which would be prevented by a helmet, obviously.

Unconscious for about 10 minutes

No memory of the first hour and a half

'Woke Up' in an ambulance...

Say what you will, think what you think, and do as you choose, but
you'll NEVER see me riding a bike without a helmet.

I'm glad you're able to ride a bike again! Whether or not the helmet
was of benefit to you I have no idea. You believe it was and that's
good enough for you.
Old July 28th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
NYC XYZ

Hell and High Water wrote:
I, on the other hand, would clearly be dead, had I not had one on that
day.

Five Broken Ribs

Broken Collar Bone

Punctured lung

Unconscious for about 10 minutes

No memory of the first hour and a half

'Woke Up' in an ambulance...

Say what you will, think what you think, and do as you choose, but
you'll NEVER see me riding a bike without a helmet.

-Bob

I can respect that.

I can even respect that, for legal reasons and reasons of insurance,
bike clubs have a helmets-only policy.

I do not respect those who try to frighten me with horror stories.

I've taken many a spill, even flying over my handlebars headlong into
bushes. Taxis, pedestrians, dogs, car doors, vans, trucks, you name it
-- everything but helicopters and airplanes, it seems.

But I am not afraid.

When I get older, I will be (already I've stopped the downhill stuff).

What can I say?

If you have no fear, you have no fear. Like anything else in life,
this is a matter of faith. And I just don't believe it'll happen to
me. What can I say?

But helmet nazis get so obnoxious as to fault me for having my helmet
off at all, even when not on my bike!!!

Old July 28th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Phil Lee, Squid

NYC XYZ wrote:
Hell and High Water wrote:
[...]

You used to DH? Crash a lot?