Petrolhead car reviewer slams Critical Mass.

Old October 20th 09, 06:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_3_]

Default Petrolhead car reviewer slams Critical Mass.

He didn't actually ram them but he does end by writing ominously, "Me?
I’ll be hunting for a sticker that reads “One Less Bike” for my front
bumper. You know, as a warning", which clearly indicates his desire to
do so.

"Vancouverites, like the denizens of too many other major cities, have
recently fallen victim to a gang of rogue cyclists using the charade
of Critical Mass events to expound the virtues of unrealistic
political and environmental idealism. Initially disrupting (read:
bringing to a standstill) our already maniacal Friday afternoon
traffic in hopes of bringing awareness to the relatively lack of
dedicated bicycle lanes in the city, Critical Mass has long since
become a *******ized self indulgent stepchild of social disobedience;
a mere soapbox for pedal-pushing hippies to roll out on grotesque two-
wheeled sculptures, flaunt the law, and frustrate motorists for, near
as I can tell, absolutely no reason..."

He then goes on to extol the alleged virtues of the car he is
reviewing.

http://www.carguideweb.com/articles/5898/

--
Critical Mass London
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk

Old October 20th 09, 07:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
oldMaxim

On Oct 20, 5:05*am, Doug wrote:
[...]

sums up CM types quite well I thought! Another own goal for direct
action....
Old October 20th 09, 07:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Dragon

Doug wrote:
He didn't actually ram them but he does end by writing ominously, "Me?
I’ll be hunting for a sticker that reads “One Less Bike” for my front
bumper. You know, as a warning", which clearly indicates his desire to
do so.

No it doesn't

[...]

Oh dear, someone else has seen CM for what it is.

--

Tony Dragon
Old October 21st 09, 09:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
BrianW[_2_]

On 20 Oct, 06:05, Doug wrote:
He didn't actually ram them but he does end by writing ominously, "Me?
I’ll be hunting for a sticker that reads “One Less Bike” for my front
bumper. You know, as a warning", which clearly indicates his desire to
do so.

Thanks for this, Doug. Could you be a darling and remind me
whereabouts in the UK Vancouver is situated? My memory seems to have
failed me, and a Google search doesn't help.
Old October 21st 09, 11:37 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
francis

On Oct 21, 9:06*am, BrianW wrote:
On 20 Oct, 06:05, Doug wrote:

He didn't actually ram them but he does end by writing ominously, "Me?
I’ll be hunting for a sticker that reads “One Less Bike” for my front
bumper. You know, as a warning", which clearly indicates his desire to
do so.

Thanks for this, Doug. *Could you be a darling and remind me
whereabouts in the UK Vancouver is situated? *My memory seems to have
failed me, and a Google search doesn't help.

Doug means Vancouver Road SE23, not far from Catford.

Francis