One for Doug

Old June 7th 10, 11:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
PeterG

Default One for Doug

I wonder how Doug will blame this on a motorist.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/10252493.stm
Old June 8th 10, 12:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_2_]

PeterG wrote:
I wonder how Doug will blame this on a motorist.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/10252493.stm

"Police said the cyclist in the Lawford accident died shortly after she was
taken to Colchester General Hospital with head injuries".

Good job she wasn't wearing a cycle helmet. According to the ****wits
around here it could have been even worse.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike is a kid's toy, not a
viable form of transport.

Old June 8th 10, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

The Medway Handyman wrote:
PeterG wrote:
I wonder how Doug will blame this on a motorist.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/10252493.stm

"Police said the cyclist in the Lawford accident died shortly after she was
taken to Colchester General Hospital with head injuries".

Good job she wasn't wearing a cycle helmet. According to the ****wits
around here it could have been even worse.

Where did you get ANY information
about wether she was wearing a helmet or not?

There's certainly none on the linked BBC page.

Or are you (gasp!) just trolling?

BugBear
Old June 8th 10, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 09:15:18 +0100 someone who may be bugbear
wrote this:-

Where did you get ANY information
about wether she was wearing a helmet or not?

There's certainly none on the linked BBC page.

Or are you (gasp!) just trolling?

Trolling certainly.

We don't see the same people making comments about motoring helmets
after people are killed or injured in or near cars.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/7883273.stm
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/03/24/motorist-ho-killed-taxi-driver-after-crashing-into-cab-in-suicide-bid-is-jailed-86908-22135850/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/4143868/Good-Samaritan-motorist-killed-helping-at-crash.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1164141/Motorist-killed-driver-single-punch-motorway-road-rage-fight-faces-jail.html

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54
Old June 8th 10, 12:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
bugbear

wrote this:-

Where did you get ANY information
about wether she was wearing a helmet or not?

There's certainly none on the linked BBC page.

Or are you (gasp!) just trolling?

Trolling certainly.

We don't see the same people making comments about motoring helmets
after people are killed or injured in or near cars.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/7883273.stm
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/03/24/motorist-ho-killed-taxi-driver-after-crashing-into-cab-in-suicide-bid-is-jailed-86908-22135850/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/4143868/Good-Samaritan-motorist-killed-helping-at-crash.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1164141/Motorist-killed-driver-single-punch-motorway-road-rage-fight-faces-jail.html

Yes. All motorists should use proper 6 point harnesses, for safety.

I mean, yes, they're *slightly* inconvenient
and uncomfortable, but you can't put a price on human life.

BugBear
Old June 8th 10, 12:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Derek C

wrote this:-

Where did you get ANY information
about wether she was wearing a helmet or not?

There's certainly none on the linked BBC page.

Or are you (gasp!) just trolling?

Trolling certainly.

We don't see the same people making comments about motoring helmets
after people are killed or injured in or near cars.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/7883273.stm
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/03/24/motorist-h...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/4143868/Good-Samaritan-motor...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1164141/Motorist-killed-drive...

--

Probably because motorists don't normally wear cycle helmets, because
motoring is nearly 20 times safer per mile than cycling, and cars have

Derek C

Old July 5th 10, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.transport,uk.rec.driving
JMS

wrote this:-

Where did you get ANY information
about wether she was wearing a helmet or not?

There's certainly none on the linked BBC page.

Or are you (gasp!) just trolling?

Trolling certainly.

We don't see the same people making comments about motoring helmets
after people are killed or injured in or near cars.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/gloucestershire/7883273.stm
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2010/03/24/motorist-ho-killed-taxi-driver-after-crashing-into-cab-in-suicide-bid-is-jailed-86908-22135850/
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/4143868/Good-Samaritan-motorist-killed-helping-at-crash.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1164141/Motorist-killed-driver-single-punch-motorway-road-rage-fight-faces-jail.html

Feel free to explain why you are encouraging people to make posts
about motorists and cars in URC.

I am sure they will if you ask nicely.

--

There can be no doubt that a failure to wear a helmet may expose the cyclist to the risk of greater injury.

The wearing of helmets may afford protection in some circumstances and it must therefore follow that a cyclist of ordinary prudence should wear one.

Mr Justice Griffith Williams

is this our Doug? Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 4 June 7th 10 10:48 PM
Not Doug Doug[_3_] UK 180 November 26th 09 06:04 PM
Doug, was this you? BrianW[_2_] UK 169 September 30th 09 07:03 AM
Doug The Debacler UK 45 September 27th 09 01:43 PM
This should please Doug Steve Firth UK 261 August 26th 09 10:20 PM