My Recent Bicycle Stuff Photo Albums

Old October 21st 15, 01:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

Default My Recent Bicycle Stuff Photo Albums

On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 00:52:05 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 10:13:38 PM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Tue, 20 Oct 2015 06:36:44 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 8:47:36 AM UTC-4, John B. wrote:
On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 17:28:58 -0700 (PDT), Sir Ridesalot
wrote:

If anyone is interested I just created to Photo Albums on Flickr.

One is a eries of 11 images of my $15.00 MTB after i converted it to a drop bar fire/ogging/mining road tourer. The images show thebolt mounts i talked about in another thread.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/738325...57660085210245

The other shows the diassembled and cleaned 6-speed Uniglide cassette I freed from a damaged wheel I was then able to true. The wheel and cassette were given to me.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/738325...57660085210245

Cheers

Good looking bike. But what size frame is it? I can't get two big
bottles on the down tube of my bike :-(
--
cheers,

John B.

Horizontal top tube. 20" frame measured vertically from centre of bottom bracket to top of top tube. One bottle mount is closer to the bb than normally if there's only one.

Cheers

I see the pump mounted on the seat tube, but that aside do you like
the two bottle down tube? Or to put it another way, if you didn't
carry the pump would you have done it that way?

My road bikes are about 20", or more accurately 50 cm., and looking at
them it is a pretty tight fit.
--
cheers,

John B.

Bottle mounts are brazed on and are original to the frame.

No bottle mount on the seat tube but I'll be putting a pair of Rivnuts there for one bottle.

I had a Bianchi MTB back in tthe 1980s.
that had 2 bottles on top of the down tube, 1 bottle under tthe down tube, 1 bottle on the front of the seat tube and 1 bottle behind the seat tube. It also had 2 bottles on but behind the handle bar.

Here's a link to an image of that bike. It's poor quality because it's scanned from a 3x5 inches photo.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/738325...7657754527343/

The only thing with the 2 downtube bottles on the current bike is that they can't be 750ml ones.

When I'm touring fire/logging/mining roads I like lots of water ready
to hand.

Cheers

Yes, you can't have too much water, but I never thought of having two
bottles on the down tube. In the hot season I carry the usual one on
the seat and one on the down tube and a two bottle mount behind the
seat,

But I'm (slowly) building another road bike with a good light frame
and might try modifying the bike I'm replacing to a 3 or 4 bottle
carrier.

The nice thing about a steel frame is that one can add and subtract
things like bottle mount nuts to one's heart desire.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old October 21st 15, 06:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 10/21/2015 3:52 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
No bottle mount on the seat tube but I'll be putting a pair of Rivnuts there for one bottle.

Rivnuts? Oh, no! Think of the children! ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old October 21st 15, 11:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 1:21:32 PM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/21/2015 3:52 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
No bottle mount on the seat tube but I'll be putting a pair of Rivnuts there for one bottle.

Rivnuts? Oh, no! Think of the children! ;-)

--
- Frank Krygowski

Don't encourage the anti-Rivnut Troll frank. ;) VBEG LOL

Cheers
Old October 21st 15, 11:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

What does Frank have against rivnuts?
Old October 21st 15, 11:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 10/21/2015 5:42 PM, Doug Landau wrote:

What does Frank have against rivnuts?

Frank doesn't, he was mocking a prior scaremonger who thinks
that the world will end or some such if a consumer installs
the same fastener as most modern bikes use.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old October 22nd 15, 12:19 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, October 19, 2015 at 9:44:03 PM UTC-4, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/19/2015 8:28 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
If anyone is interested I just created to Photo Albums on Flickr.

One is a eries of 11 images of my $15.00 MTB after i converted it to a drop bar fire/ogging/mining road tourer. The images show thebolt mounts i talked about in another thread.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/738325...57660085210245

The other shows the diassembled and cleaned 6-speed Uniglide cassette I freed from a damaged wheel I was then able to true. The wheel and cassette were given to me.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/738325...57660085210245

Cheers

The two links are identical.

--
- Frank Krygowski

which two ?
Old October 22nd 15, 12:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 6:50:02 PM UTC-4, AMuzi wrote:
On 10/21/2015 5:42 PM, Doug Landau wrote:

What does Frank have against rivnuts?

Frank doesn't, he was mocking a prior scaremonger who thinks
that the world will end or some such if a consumer installs
the same fastener as most modern bikes use.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

remeber the channel locks/vise grip ?

I drill a #6 quality ss bolt hole thru n nut/washer with locktite....while plating light jazz

rivnuts
Old October 22nd 15, 06:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

On 21/10/15 19:21, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/21/2015 3:52 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
No bottle mount on the seat tube but I'll be putting a pair of Rivnuts
there for one bottle.

Rivnuts? Oh, no! Think of the children! ;-)

I was waiting for that!

Old October 23rd 15, 01:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 1:13:26 AM UTC-4, Tosspot wrote:
On 21/10/15 19:21, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 10/21/2015 3:52 AM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
No bottle mount on the seat tube but I'll be putting a pair of Rivnuts
there for one bottle.

Rivnuts? Oh, no! Think of the children! ;-)

I was waiting for that!

FRANK is anti Loctite !

is this thread hijacked or what ?

bicycle stuff F Murtz[_2_] Australia 7 May 24th 11 02:48 PM
New recent bicycle Signs on 1:20 JoeDe Australia 4 January 4th 08 09:12 AM
Recent major crash photo? diego Racing 4 September 6th 07 10:57 PM
FA: MALDEN BIKE BICYCLE PHOTO FRAME (NO RESERVE!) NICE! *** Alan257 Marketplace 0 December 25th 05 06:55 PM
FA: Malden Bike Bicycle Photo Frame NICE! (No Reserve!) *** Alan257 Marketplace 0 November 29th 05 05:48 PM