Wahey!

Old May 26th 06, 06:10 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Wahey!

What a beautiful ride home this morning!

Cool, but no too cold (except for my little finger wingers). But so
very very foggy. And lots of cautious cars.

http://rather.puzzling.org/~tconnors...imagelist.html

Damn the limitations of photon detectors. Really couldn't capture
what I was seeing. I think my enthusiasm for riding in this weather
might have come across as a bit "nutty" to the checkout guy.

--
TimC
I don't want Perl to be beautiful -- I want you to write
Old May 26th 06, 07:48 PM posted to aus.bicycle

TimC Wrote:
What a beautiful ride home this morning!
I think my enthusiasm for riding in this weather
might have come across as a bit "nutty" to the checkout guy.

Nahh, surely not ??? Would have been even better photos if you had of
caught a UFO in the background or a ghostly image Nice photos.

--
MikeyOz

Old May 26th 06, 10:55 PM posted to aus.bicycle

What a beautiful ride home this morning!

Cool, but no too cold (except for my little finger wingers). But so
very very foggy. And lots of cautious cars.

http://rather.puzzling.org/~tconnors...imagelist.html

Damn the limitations of photon detectors. Really couldn't capture
what I was seeing. I think my enthusiasm for riding in this weather
might have come across as a bit "nutty" to the checkout guy.

ET phone home!

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu
Old May 27th 06, 03:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle

"TimC" wrote in message
What a beautiful ride home this morning!

Cool, but no too cold (except for my little finger wingers). But so
very very foggy. And lots of cautious cars.

http://rather.puzzling.org/~tconnors...imagelist.html

Damn the limitations of photon detectors. Really couldn't capture
what I was seeing. I think my enthusiasm for riding in this weather
might have come across as a bit "nutty" to the checkout guy.

--

Most pretty indeed. I have to say that it does look most exceedingly cold
though.

Old May 27th 06, 04:06 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-05-27, Resound (aka Bruce)
"TimC" wrote in message
http://rather.puzzling.org/~tconnors...imagelist.html

Most pretty indeed. I have to say that it does look most exceedingly cold
though.

Nah. it was 6 degrees. The other day when it was 2, it was more
painful.

Mind you, there certainly was the possibility of getting quite
drenched if I had to ride much further. The outer layers were damp by
the time I got home.

And I took off my glasses and put 'em in my jersey pocket after only a
km -- at the top of camberwell road, when the fog started getting
thicker. Riding without glasses when the visibility is not great, and
when I am buggered, is... interesting.

I tried to get a photo of the droplets floating around in the beam of
the halogen, but I wasn't smart enough to operate the camera at that
time of morning. I probably could have played with the macro focus,
which I forgot I even had. The cloud dynamics were really quite fun
-- I watched a car make a turn, and the steam from the exhaust just
kept in the same formation, floating along in the original direction
the car was going -- there was *no* wind.

--
TimC
"If you already know what recursion is, just remember the answer. Otherwise,
Old May 27th 06, 12:15 PM posted to aus.bicycle

TimC wrote:
What a beautiful ride home this morning!

Cool, but no too cold (except for my little finger wingers). But so
very very foggy. And lots of cautious cars.

http://rather.puzzling.org/~tconnors...imagelist.html

Damn the limitations of photon detectors. Really couldn't capture
what I was seeing. I think my enthusiasm for riding in this weather
might have come across as a bit "nutty" to the checkout guy.

Was it what. I was headed for Boronia station around 7.10am and the fog
was even showing up in MY headlight beam. Condensation everywhere,
lovely to ride in. The rest of the day was pretty good when it cleared
up as well.
Old May 29th 06, 12:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle

ray Wrote:[color=blue]
TimC wrote:
What a beautiful ride home this morning!

just as a follow up to this post... I don't know what it is, but there
is something, mystical and awesome about riding a bike when it is dark
and it is foggy... as with these past few mornings in melbourne. just
fantastic.

--
MikeyOz

Old May 29th 06, 08:18 AM posted to aus.bicycle

MikeyOz Wrote:
just as a follow up to this post... I don't know what it is, but there
is something, mystical and awesome about riding a bike when it is dark
and it is foggy... as with these past few mornings in melbourne. just
fantastic.

I reckon thick fog is great because it (usually) means there's no
wind.

Oh, alright - it's heaps of fun to whoosh along in a blanket of fog.
But having no wind is still the best thing about fog.

Cool photos Tim!

--
treadly&me