Scooter DD man fined.

Old January 17th 10, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Scooter DD man fined.

This subject has cropped up in the past whenever cyclists have had a pint or
two in a pub and cycled home. I had heard anecdotal stories of mobility
scooter riders being fined for drink driving and their licences endorsed,
but this story confirms that their licences cannot be assigned any penalty
points. Although it is still confusing as the man was breath tested and I
thought that you can only be tested if driving a motor vehicle with a
licence.

http://qurl.com/pnbm9

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old January 17th 10, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 10:56:31 -0000 someone who may be "Simon Mason"
wrote this:-

Although it is still confusing as the man was breath tested and I
thought that you can only be tested if driving a motor vehicle with a
licence.

I have not read the article. However, I assume the police did the
breath testing. They are not noted for knowing the law and people
here have reported being threatened by the police unless they took a
breath test.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2000...#pt3-pb3-l1g54
Old January 17th 10, 12:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_5_]

Simon Mason wrote:
This subject has cropped up in the past whenever cyclists have had a
pint or two in a pub and cycled home. I had heard anecdotal stories of
mobility scooter riders being fined for drink driving and their licences
endorsed, but this story confirms that their licences cannot be assigned
any penalty points. Although it is still confusing as the man was breath
tested and I thought that you can only be tested if driving a motor
vehicle with a licence.

http://qurl.com/pnbm9

You don't have to have a licence to be breath-tested.

Combined charges various combinations of TWOC, uninsured and unlicensed
driving, driving whilst disqualified, driving whilst under-age,
careless-driving (or dangerous driving) and driving with excess alcohol in
the blood are possible.

Cyclists using phones to be fined up to Y50,000 Bod[_2_] UK 2 July 4th 09 11:44 PM
fined for cycling on the pavement Ben Fitzgerald UK 163 November 15th 05 10:05 AM
LANCE fined!!!! Ewoud Dronkert Racing 12 July 6th 05 02:25 PM
Lawyer (only) fined for fatal hit-run cfsmtb Australia 34 May 10th 05 01:07 AM
Cyclist "Fined" By Passer By Ian Jelf UK 13 April 8th 05 07:39 PM