Water bottle holders

Old July 8th 04, 06:29 PM
Jim Roberts

Default Water bottle holders

Hi everyone. We are wanting to attach our water bottles to our handlebars.
Does anyone know of a cage that can be attached to them ?

Thanks

Jim & Carol R
50 + newbies

Old July 9th 04, 09:29 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Hi everyone. We are wanting to attach our water bottles to our handlebars.

That would clutter up you handlebars pretty quickly and could well make getting
to brake/gear controls dodgy I would have thought.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old July 9th 04, 09:38 AM
Clive George

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" wrote in
message ...
Hi everyone. We are wanting to attach our water bottles to our

handlebars.

That would clutter up you handlebars pretty quickly and could well make

getting
to brake/gear controls dodgy I would have thought.

Jolly retro, but shouldn't stop ergos working - after all they work with a
big handlebar bag. STI may be a different matter.

cheers,
clive

Old July 9th 04, 11:46 AM
Arthur Clune

Jim Roberts wrote:
: Hi everyone. We are wanting to attach our water bottles to our handlebars.
: Does anyone know of a cage that can be attached to them ?

Got to ask - why? Standard bottle cages are simple, easy and work well.

There's a reason no-one has used handlebar cages since the 40s/50s - they
muck up your steering and generally get in the way.

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org
- Paulina Borsook
Old July 9th 04, 12:02 PM
MSeries

in message news:20040709042929.19227.00001666@mb-
Hi everyone. We are wanting to attach our water bottles to our

handlebars.

That would clutter up you handlebars pretty quickly and could
well make

getting
to brake/gear controls dodgy I would have thought.

Jolly retro, but shouldn't stop ergos working - after all they work with
a big handlebar bag. STI may be a different matter.
cheers, clive

Wouldn't stop downtube lever operated gears from working either. There
is a little adaptor available from ..... that allows bottles to be
placed up front. Can't remember who makes it but some of the free
catalogues that come with the magazines have them. Really you ought to
get an original bar mounted double bottle cage, very retro and therefore
very cool.

Old July 9th 04, 12:12 PM
Peter Clinch

Arthur Clune wrote:

Got to ask - why? Standard bottle cages are simple, easy and work well.

But they do assume you have a downtube you're happy to reach down to as
you move. If that's not the case I'd have thought the easy way was a
bar bag with appropriate pockets. The Brom pannier isn't technically a
bar bag (as it mounts on the main frame) though it does sit in the same
sort of place, and I use the rear pockets on it for bottles.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK

Old July 9th 04, 05:57 PM
James Thomson

"Jim Roberts" wrote:

Hi everyone. We are wanting to attach our water bottles
to our handlebars. Does anyone know of a cage that can
be attached to them ?

Minoura make adapters that will allow you to fit a conventional bottle cage
to the handlebars, seatpost, etc. A quick Google found them he

http://www.gbcycles.co.uk/eshop.asp?...ch&wce=minoura

and he

http://www.awcycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b22s53p0

You could probably order them from your LBS if you prefer.

HTH

James Thomson

Water Bottle Solutions? [email protected] Techniques 22 June 21st 04 06:36 PM
water bottle mounting MarkR General 8 May 20th 04 08:55 PM
Profile Water Bottle Cages - CHEAP!! haddawad Marketplace 0 March 2nd 04 04:53 PM
Water bottle you don't have to tip up Dan Musicant General 9 July 23rd 03 06:51 PM