Douglas bikes from Colorado Cyclist

Old November 28th 03, 09:52 PM
Richard Chan

Default Douglas bikes from Colorado Cyclist

(Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote in message ...

Derosa and Colnago-'supposedly' is right. Not a fan of aliuminum but I am
pretty sure these two are not made in Asia...

I think the Mizuno forks that De Rosa uses are made in Taiwan. I know
mine is. The best fork I have ever owned mind you.
Old November 29th 03, 02:59 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Richard- I think the Mizuno forks that De Rosa uses are made in Taiwan. I
know
mine is. The best fork I have ever owned mind you. BRBR

The carbon tubes for many Italian framesets are made by Mizuno, but Japanese,
methinks. Tubes made then shipped to Italia and frameset made there...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old November 29th 03, 08:48 PM
Matt O'Toole

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in message

Richard- I think the Mizuno forks that De Rosa uses are made in Taiwan. I
know
mine is. The best fork I have ever owned mind you. BRBR

The carbon tubes for many Italian framesets are made by Mizuno, but Japanese,
methinks. Tubes made then shipped to Italia and frameset made there...

I would like to point out that bike frames are not like fine wines and cheeses,
where the soil where they're made makes a difference in the final product. If
Colnago can buy good tubes or forks from Taiwan, then by all means they should.

Matt O.

Old November 29th 03, 09:32 PM
jim beam

I would like to point out that bike frames are not like fine wines and cheeses,
where the soil where they're made makes a difference in the final product. If
Colnago can buy good tubes or forks from Taiwan, then by all means they should.

er, where exactly would all these cheap knock-off companies be if they
didn't have quality stuff to copy???

quality and experience of its work force /are/ a company's "soil". if
/everyone/ just buys cheap generic copies then what happens with the
next generation? the "soil" that used to grow the good stuff has died.
no more fine wine & cheese to copy. only mediocrity remains.

Old November 30th 03, 03:15 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Matt- would like to point out that bike frames are not like fine wines and
cheeses,
where the soil where they're made makes a difference in the final product. If
Colnago can buy good tubes or forks from Taiwan, then by all means they should.
BRBR

Agree but this thread started as somebody saying that DeRosa and Colnago
ALUMINUM framesets were made in Asia and I don't think those two are.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302