"Disabled" Guy - "pepper sprayed" at 2012

Old August 1st 12, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
jnugent

Default "Disabled" Guy - "pepper sprayed" at 2012

On 01/08/2012 20:58, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 20:32:52 +0100, Martin wrote:

On 01/08/2012 19:01, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 18:31:45 +0100, Martin wrote:

On 01/08/2012 18:09, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 17:44:22 +0100, JNugent

I'm sure they scan the South London Press every day for examples of such
"brutality".

Can you spell "hyperbole"?

If we are going to tell other world leaders about how they behave
towards peaceful protest

So it was a protest then. Had the correct paperwork been filled in and
were the protesters complying with the law?

Yes.

Critical Mass is a customary procession, and as such need not file any
paperwork.

In your last post you said it was a "protest" now you are saying
"procession". It seems you're back-tracking on what you said now.

And what do *you* think? Can people on a procession protest?

*Peacefully" (which entails not interfering with the rights of others), yes.
Old August 1st 12, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Pedt[_2_]

In message , at 19:01:36 on
Wed, 1 Aug 2012, Bertie Wooster sniffed the
air and proclaimed
On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 18:31:45 +0100, Martin wrote:

On 01/08/2012 18:09, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 17:44:22 +0100, JNugent

I'm sure they scan the South London Press every day for examples of such
"brutality".

Can you spell "hyperbole"?

If we are going to tell other world leaders about how they behave
towards peaceful protest

So it was a protest then. Had the correct paperwork been filled in and
were the protesters complying with the law?

Yes.

Critical Mass is a customary procession, and as such need not file any
paperwork.

I thought when CM asked for a review on s11 they were saying that the
monthly ride was for enjoyment. I bet the judge wasn't told it was for
enjoyment of protesting.

Nice of you to come out with the truth that CM is actually a protest
group on bicycles and bugger all to do with the joys of cycling.

--
Pedt

Old August 1st 12, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Ophelia[_2_]

"Pedt" "\"@ wrote in message
[...]

I don't understand. Is cycling not for pleasure? Why is it always
confrontational?

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old August 1st 12, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Pedt[_2_]

In message , at 21:30:11 on Wed, 1 Aug 2012,
Ophelia sniffed the air and proclaimed

"Pedt" "\"@ wrote in message
[...]

Supposed to be but Tom (aka Bertie Wooster) seems to think that CM is a
protest group on wheels that can do what they like and is personally
amused when he can hold up other traffic.

Why is it always confrontational?

Because CM think that the law doesn't apply to them. They've taken the
an exemption from s11 (announce the route in advance) to applying to the
whole of the Public Order Act.

--
Pedt
Cryptic Clues Round 5, Number #2

Old August 1st 12, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 21:00:33 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 19:10:59 +0100, Judith
wrote:

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 18:09:01 +0100, Bertie Wooster
wrote:

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 17:44:22 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

On 01/08/2012 10:38, Bertie Wooster wrote:
On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 10:15:48 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
wrote:

GB wrote:
I'm with them, the Olympics are a monstrous waste of money and
resources.

Given that the money has been spent, it's too late to prevent that.
All that disrupting the games at this stage does is reduce the value
for money still further.

and lower our prestige internationally, this incident has hit the headlines
world wide, and not in a good way.

The Chinese, South Koreans and Indonesians have done more to damage
(enhance) their country's reputations for unsportsmanlike behaviour
with their antics on the badminton court.

But I do agree with the essence of your remark.

Had the police allowed Critical Mass to go to the Olympic Park, make
their protest peacefully at not being allowed in the zil lanes, the
nation's reputation for tolerating dissenting views would have been
enhanced.

What form would the "peaceful" protest have taken?

It has been suggested that it would be a bike ride along one of the
Olympic routes, staying out of the zil lanes, similar to the ride I
escorted some Chinese guests along last Wednesday.

In which forum was that suggested. All the pages I have looked at were
anticipating trouble - and from some people with glee.
Or did *you* suggest it - after the event?

It was something you posted. I can't recall the website you lifted it
from.

I have not posted that at all.

So come on - where did it actually say that?

It is looking like you made it up.

Old August 1st 12, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
martin

Because CM are ****witted morons. I enjoy cycling but those idiots just
**** off all motorists who take it out on everyone

Old August 1st 12, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Judith[_4_]

On Wed, 1 Aug 2012 21:57:10 +0100, Pedt "\"@

Pedt
Cryptic Clues Round 5, Number #2
Putting to further use might appear like it appertains to bicycles (7)

Spoiler

recycle

Old August 1st 12, 11:37 PM posted to uk.legal,uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 23:25:05 -0700 (PDT), Doug wrote:

snip

What I saw in the video was a British Transport Police Officer running amok
and assaulting several people in quick succession and using a pepper spray and a truncheon.
A female Police Medic and people from the crowd were trying to stop him. Finally, the crazed cop is led away by other officers.

Did you see the bit where the "disabled" guy suddenly jumped out of his
carriage and assaulted the police officer?

Was it you?

Old August 2nd 12, 06:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Peter Keller[_3_]

On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 20:23:21 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

**** for brains,

If someone insults you as BEING someone you're not, the best way to
diffuse that is to sarcastically and grossly play out the part of who
they're telling you are. Most of the time, people who insult others for
being something, they are most afraid of being called that same thing
themselves.

--
Life is a venereal disease with 100% mortality.
Old August 2nd 12, 07:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Doug[_10_]

On Wednesday, August 1, 2012 7:13:40 PM UTC+1, Judith wrote:
On Wed, 01 Aug 2012 19:01:36 +0100, Bertie Wooster

wrote:

snip

Critical Mass is a customary procession, and as such need not file any

paperwork.

So other than there being no need for paper work what exactly does it being a

customary procession permit them to do?

In the absence of any organisers London CM is not required to give advance notice of the ride to the police nor have a pre-planned route and it does not have to comply with Section 11 of the Public Order Act.

-- .
Critical Mass London.
http://www.criticalmasslondon.org.uk
"We aren't blocking traffic, we are traffic".