Zoom-Zoom

Old December 1st 04, 07:54 PM
skip

"Christopher Jordan" wrote in message
om...
"skip" wrote in message
Is that the new cheap Sun tadpole trike I've been hearing about?

$kip

A prototype of the Sun tadpole was made earlier, and Easy Racers is
using it as a velomobile base. It has skinnier tires and a red color
(apparently the main color is bright yelllow; I do not know how mine
got by!), so this is not a spy photo!

Chris Jordan
Santa Cruz, CA.

So I take it you already have your Sun tadpole. How to you like it compared
to the other trikes you have owned?

skip

Old December 1st 04, 08:09 PM
Larry Varney

skip wrote:
"Larry Varney" wrote in message

Tom Sherman wrote:

$kip wrote:

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

$kip wrote:

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

This is my idea of a comfortable tadpole.
http://www.ihpva.org/incoming/2002/Dragonflyer/df2.jpg

Is that the new cheap Sun tadpole trike I've been hearing about?

Ask Larry Varney what it is.

--

I think Larry has had quite enough of me for the time being so I won't
annoy him further by asking him to ID this particular trike.

Actually I just noticed that the name Dragonflyer was incorporated in
the URL. Could this possibly be your Dragonflyer? The one you snapped
up on eBay before others had a chance to bid on it?

This is the trike that Larry Varney was trying to get on the cheap during
an eBay auction, when someone else used the "Buy it Now" option. The
winning bidder re-sold the trike to me the next day.

It's a great looking trike. I've heard they're quite rare and almost
impossible come by these days. I'm sure this one has appreciated
greatly over the past several years and must be worth a great deal of
money now. It must be great having an asset that appreciates rapidly
and yet is such a pleasure to own.

I have not been able to get an exact number on Dragonflyer production,
but I believe around 170 were built.

I don't think it is appreciating in value, but the price was very
reasonable considering the trike probably had only been ridden once or
twice, and also in comparison to suspended trikes of similar quality from
Trice and Greenspeed that can easily cost in excess of $4000 US.

"Snapped up"? How about STOLEN practically right out of my quivering
hands! My first introduction to trikes was a couple of weeks on a borrowed
Dragonflyer, and I couldn't believe my luck when that one came up on eBay.
So when it was "snapped up" right when I was getting into the bidding
process, I was dismayed, devastated, destroyed. All I could think of was,
I hoped that it hadn't fallen into the greedy clutches of some smirking
moron.
But seriously, had I bought that trike then, chances are that it would
have been sold already - I do have a penchant for wheeling-and-dealing,
though not to the extent of that guy in Toledo - and I have had some good
trikes along the way to console myself with.

--
Larry Varney
Cold Spring, KY

I saw a photo of Tom with his head sticking out of a socked Tailwind. He
appeared to be smirking to me. Must have been right after he arranged to buy
the Dragonflyer through that convoluted deal he set up.

$kip

I'm not surprised. Those Illinoiseans are like that.

Old December 1st 04, 11:23 PM
Christopher Jordan

"skip" wrote in message ...

So I take it you already have your Sun tadpole. How to you like it compared
to the other trikes you have owned?

skip

The Sun is currently at Easy Racers factory being fitted, but when it
was "unadorned" with the body, it was fairly responsive (but not TOO!)
, didn't lift at all, and compared somewhat to a heavy and taller
Catrike. I could tell right off it was more a generic- more uses-
trike: cruise one day, run errands the next, tackle downhills the
next, etc. I liked it! Especially the disc brakes.

Really NO comparison with appearance! The Cat was gorgeous to me and
so responsive! Best all out cruiser: Optima Ryder- but it was long
and heavy. Sort of between those two.

My TerraTrike has held together for a long time, but it is also pretty
generic- that is why I hung on to it- an all around worker (and darn
good pack mule)!

Chris
Old December 2nd 04, 01:13 AM
Tom Sherman

$kip wrote:

I saw a photo of Tom with his head sticking out of a socked Tailwind. He
appeared to be smirking to me. Must have been right after he arranged to buy
the Dragonflyer through that convoluted deal he set up.

Note that this page is in the pre-2001 archive section
http://www.ransbikes.com/Gallery/Archive/Sherman.htm . I doubt my
Dragonflyer was even built when the picture was taken (it has a high
serial number indicating that it was one of the last ones built).

--
Tom Sherman - Rock Island County Illinois
Tetrahedral carbon lattices are not forever.

Old December 2nd 04, 05:32 AM
skip

$kip wrote:

I saw a photo of Tom with his head sticking out of a socked Tailwind. He
appeared to be smirking to me. Must have been right after he arranged to
buy the Dragonflyer through that convoluted deal he set up.

Note that this page is in the pre-2001 archive section
http://www.ransbikes.com/Gallery/Archive/Sherman.htm . I doubt my
Dragonflyer was even built when the picture was taken (it has a high
serial number indicating that it was one of the last ones built).

--
Tom Sherman - Rock Island County Illinois
Tetrahedral carbon lattices are not forever.

Well, of course I didn't know any of this. I just saw your smirk and it
looked to me to be a "I just aced Varney of a trike" kind of smirk.

So you must have been smirking about something else. Sorry.

$kip