Tyler won't forget all you doubters...

Old November 16th 04, 05:01 AM
CowPunk

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message oups.com...
Alex Rodriguez wrote:
In article . com,
says...

If the test is that bad, why did he fail 3 out of 3 and no one else
except his teamate got even 1 positive?

If the test is bad, who knows what it is detecting? Could be there

is
something different in the blood of those that got positives.

Dumbass -

I can think of 1 thing:
someone else's blood cells.

K. Gringioni.
RBR hematologist

DUMBASS

The test was never evaluated for false positives, only false negatives.
Old November 16th 04, 06:43 AM
Awestruck

"Kurgan Gringioni" wrote in message
oups.com...

B. Lafferty wrote:

Tyler, this is not the best way to build good will for the bike shop

you'll
be opening in Marblehead.

Dumbass -

lol.

Actually, I'll bet his bike shop would do OK. There's that diehard
contingent that believes that he's innocent because he's a nice guy.
K. Gringioni.

I'm amazed at the liveasy contingent that thinks what scientists and big
pharmaceutical companies pump out is 100% reliable. A lot of science is
really the religion of money, it's incredible the authority it garners from
the masses that don't know/believe it.

Old November 16th 04, 06:49 AM
Philip W. Moore, Jr.

The case against Tyler' is more compelling than the case against Pantani,
IMHO. Are those who are defending Hamilton doing so because he's an
American?

"Ewoud Dronkert" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 21:58:33 +1300, Stewart Fleming wrote:
Crossword not going well then?
http://tinyurl.com/3rnzv

It is kinda hard, for lack of crossings (and crossword-solving ability
on my part, probably).

1. Tyler (P-R = public relations?)
5. Phonak? (I don't even understand the descr.)
6. Ferrari
9. Rat
11. Lance?
12. ..m.........

2. EPO
3. Joke?
4. ...e. (what's a wat?)
5. Perez
7. IV
8. ?
10. Tom

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

Old November 16th 04, 07:45 AM
Donald Munro

MagillaGorilla Wrote:
You wouldn't expect the false positive rate for a bad test to be more
than say 1 in 300 or so, maybe 1 in 500. [BTW, an acceptable false
positive rate is like 1 in 450,000.]

patch70 wrote:
How do you come up with this rubbish? The acceptable false positive
rate is different for every test!!!

Dumbasses,
Lets stop all this pointless arguing and apply a real test. Simply strap
Tyler to a chair and submerge him in a river. If he lives he must be blood
doping and should be burned at the stake in Salem which, conveniently
is in his home state. If he dies then he is innocent and this blood test
will have to be dropped.

Old November 16th 04, 10:26 AM
B. Lafferty

"Donald Munro" wrote in message
news

patch70 wrote:
How do you come up with this rubbish? The acceptable false positive
rate is different for every test!!!

Dumbasses,
Lets stop all this pointless arguing and apply a real test. Simply strap
Tyler to a chair and submerge him in a river. If he lives he must be blood
doping and should be burned at the stake in Salem which, conveniently
is in his home state. If he dies then he is innocent and this blood test
will have to be dropped.

I would opt for the earlier Trial By Fire test. Heat an iron bar until it
glows red hot. Make Tyler take it in his hands. If it burns him, he's
guilty. If not, he's innocent. But, if it burns him he can plead for mercy
and we should consider making him ride the Tour that way. If he finishes,
no suspension--just a warning.

Old November 16th 04, 10:27 AM
B. Lafferty

"Philip W. Moore, Jr." wrote in message
The case against Tyler' is more compelling than the case against Pantani,
IMHO.

You are now the master of understatement. :-)