Tyler won't forget all you doubters...

Old November 17th 04, 03:35 AM
meb

RWM Wrote:
"MagillaGorilla" wrote in message
patch70 wrote:
MagillaGorilla Wrote:

But you still didn't answer my question: if blood transfusions are
detectable for 120 days and EPO is detectable for 5-9 days after
injection, why would Tyler opt for the one that has a much longer

half
life?

I have no idea if Tyler is guilty or innocent, but to answer your
question I
believe that a rider would make the above decision is due to improved
out of
competition testing. The rider would be concerned that if the testing
organization knew the rider's goals for the season they could
effectively
develop a testing plan to better be able to predict their doping
cycles.
This greatly increases the chances of nailing a rider taking EPO. If
remember correctly this is how Oscar Camenzind was caught.

Also, until the Olympics there was no test in play for homoloogus
testing so it was free from detection until this summer. By rushing
the test into the Olympics the posiblity existed of catching
transfusions too close to scheduled competition for transfusers to
adjust to the new test.

Or if Hamilton did take a transfusion, he may have thought the nominal
120 day threshold was an absolute and thought a transfusion outside
that window was not detectable.

The use of the test commencing in the Olympics was anounced to the
riders at the TDF, so it's possible that Tyler had dropped out and
missed the anouncement or had already got a pre-TDF transfusion so was
already in his blood.

Lasse Viren was very effective with autologous doping in the 70's
before the practice was banned.

--
meb

Old November 17th 04, 04:00 AM
Tom Kunich

"meb" wrote in message

Lasse Viren was very effective with autologous doping in the 70's
before the practice was banned.

As far as I can remember, Viren (and his whole family) had a gene defect
which kept his body producing EPO without the limiting factors. He had no
need to blood dope since he was a natural high count around 60.

Old November 17th 04, 06:49 AM
Stewart Fleming

Tom Kunich wrote:
"meb" wrote in message

Lasse Viren was very effective with autologous doping in the 70's
before the practice was banned.

As far as I can remember, Viren (and his whole family) had a gene defect
which kept his body producing EPO without the limiting factors. He had no
need to blood dope since he was a natural high count around 60.

Nope. That was the XC skiing famiy. Not Viren.

Old November 17th 04, 07:33 AM
Kurgan Gringioni

MagillaGorilla wrote:

I already explained this. But I'll do it again. You wouldn't expect

the
false positive rate for a bad test to be more than say 1 in 300 or
so,
maybe 1 in 500. [BTW, an acceptable false positive rate is like 1
in
450,000.]

So let's assume the blood transfusion test is a bad test and has a
high
false positive rate. Given the number of tests done (say 500-1000),

two
or three false positives are what you would expect, and really no
more
than that.

Dumbass -

So how would one get repeated false positives for different sets of
antigens?

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old November 17th 04, 07:45 AM
Donald Munro

Stewart Fleming wrote:
Nope. That was the XC skiing famiy. Not Viren.

Perhaps Viren was tapping them.

Old November 17th 04, 09:15 AM
MagillaGorilla

J DASH ME wrote:

Dumbass -

I can think of 1 thing:
someone else's blood cells.

K. Gringioni.
RBR hematologist

Rock On!!!

J DASH ME,

If you think CAS hearings are superfluous bull****, you should resign as
a USAC athlete rep.

Your response to Tyler's predicament as a USAC athlete rep should be to
ensure the process is fair and objective.

Your repsonse is a little embarassing given your elected position, no?
Or is that position just a popularity contest that carries with it no
real responsibility?

Thanks,

Magilla