A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

Old November 9th 08, 06:39 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides
Red Cloud

Default A March on Washington... on Bicycle?

On Nov 5, 11:53 am, KingOfTheApes wrote:
Well, since the revolution will not be motorized, it makes sense that
we go to Washington on Inauguration Day not on cars or buses, but on
bikes. And like the minority president that we inaugurate, we are also
the victim of discrimination and abuse.

I think we can ride the winds of change, making sure that we don't
escape the Democratic Party radars that seems to focus on "alternative
technologies," and yet fail to detect the most basic, cheap, and
democratic vehicle ever created. It even makes sense in light of the
deep economic crisis since there's "no dinero" ($$$) to fund such
alternative vehicles.

I'm leaving from Miami, and you?

(Riders from the UK are excused for not attending)

WHY THE BANANA REVOLUTION?
(home of the Dutch model!)

http://webspawner.com/users/bananarevolution

What a joke this is! Biker march on Washington? Gimme a break!
In tihs land of NASCR and Detroit all like cities, using bike as a
transport
is impossible. US of A hates bikes. can you see that? US of Americans
are not
ready for utilizing bike as the transportation. You wanna ride a bike
as transporation
you have to get out of this NASCAR addicted USA.

Old November 10th 08, 06:59 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Nov 8, 2:15*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * KingOfTheApes writes:

Well, since the revolution will not be motorized, it makes sense that
we go to Washington on Inauguration Day not on cars or buses, but on
bikes. And like the minority president that we inaugurate, we are also
the victim of discrimination and abuse.

I think we can ride the winds of change, making sure that we don't
escape the Democratic Party radars that seems to focus on "alternative
technologies," and yet fail to detect the most basic, cheap, and
democratic vehicle ever created. It even makes sense in light of the
deep economic crisis since there's "no dinero" ($$$) to fund such
alternative vehicles.

A while back you started a thread titled "I saw Critical Mass".
Here's a blast from your past:

In article ,
* * * * KingOfTheApes writes:

and didn't like what I saw.

What a hypocrite, talking through yer hat.

If you're going to run a disinformation campaign, you should
at least learn to cover your tracks. *You're not only a
hypocrite, you're incompetent as well. *Then again, that's
what I like about disinformationists -- they're so readily
identifiable. *"By their fruits shall ye know them."

First of all, thanks for keeping this thread alive...

Now, are you stupid or what? What does my criticism of Critical Mass
has to do with this march. I speak for ORGANIZED MARCHS, not for wild
monkeys blocking traffic. Live and let live, comprende? Bicycles and
cars can coexist, provided we have a lane all to ourselves or we tame
traffic.

I'm leaving from Miami, and you?

Keep heading east. *Always, ever east.
Second star on the right, straight on 'til morning.

And by the way, there's lots of money with which to fund
transportation, booze, cigarettes, The War on Drugs,
the penal system, international affairs, Christmas &c.

There's not so much money with which to fund residential
construction, 'cuz developers/investors cut their noses off
to spite their faces by "dynamically" financing their
developments as they go along and build. *Bottom falls out
of the real estate market, the bubble bursts, and now
there's much bitter wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Boo-hoo.

Shove your disinformation where the moon don't shine.

I'm on you like **** on a blanket.

Not really, you just look ridiculous. As you say, money is being spent
elsewhere but on bike facilities.

Your opposition is really helpful.
Old November 10th 08, 07:01 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Nov 8, 3:25*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Tom Keats" wrote in message

In article
,

* * * *KingOfTheApes writes:
[...]

Tom Keats and I are both a bit eccentric at times, but we are not a poor
crazy loon like ComandanteBanana. Frankly, he is more to be pitied than
condemned. *Let us be thankful if we still have our wits about us. To end up
like ComandanteBanana has got to be the worst of all possible worlds.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka
Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota- Hide quoted text -

Dr. Evil, you are just another patient of the nursing home, with
nothing to offer humanity but hate and war.

If I were you, I'd consider the Kevorkian machine.
Old November 10th 08, 07:05 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

(Hey, Dr. Evil, don't commit suicide until you read this)

Originally Posted by BarracksSi
"He's complaining that there isn't a bike-only route from Miami to DC
in another thread in P&R. I can't think of anything like that that
covers a similarly huge distance elsewhere.

Where I've been outside the US, the most bike-friendly cities have had
separate lanes & routes for bikes."

Not only I contend that there's no route from Miami to Washington DC,
but not even to Ft. Lauderdale through US1. That's right, when you get
to the Ft. Lauderdale airport area, there's something of an expressway
with little room for a bike among the cars going over 55mph. I haven't
seen anyone biking it for that matter.

So even Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are NOT connected by bike or bus. I'm
sure most European cities would be connected at least by buses. Of
course, both bikes and buses are part of the revolution.

Old November 10th 08, 07:08 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Nov 8, 4:25*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Tom Keats" wrote in message

In article ,
"Edward Dolan" writes:

[...]
Tom Keats is a Canadian, but I won't hold it against him unless he brings
it
up. There is nothing wrong with being a poor cousin to Americans.

Our banking system is more resilient than yours.

Jeez, the US sneezes and the whole world comes down with pneumonia. Go
figure!

Sure, America eats up the lion's share of the world resources...

But I don't think it's pneumonia. Perhaps cancer.

Old November 10th 08, 07:40 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

Default a good reason for the Banana Revolution

Doug wrote:
'I’m all for living within your means, but your ability to make and
keep a budget depends on having an idea of what your electricity is
going to cost from month to month, and what the groceries and gas
prices will be. The current crisis involved many people who were
living within their means, who saw gas prices skyrocket and utility
bills go through the roof. They were no longer able to pay their
mortgages, and running off and joining the military isn’t always an
option. Say they sell the house to live more cheaply, and get an
apartment. Apartment rents are also soaring because everyone else is
doing the same thing. I personally can’t downsize any more than I
already have. I don’t even have cable TV.

It was this “let them eat cake” philosophy that started the French
revolution.'

***

And there’s no better way to downsize but to ride a bike… and yet you
can’t.

I guess that’s a good reason for the Banana Revolution, right?
Old November 11th 08, 01:07 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Nov 8, 3:25*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
"Tom Keats" wrote in message

In article
,

* * * *KingOfTheApes writes:
[...]

Sorry, old man, time to retire and leave something for humans not just
roaches...

"Obama won, the senior citizens lost"

Did you notice the old and mentally confused lost the elections and
the younger voted for CHANGE (Obama) by a margin of 2 to 1?

Change IS good. It’s what made humans out of monkeys.

“I’m fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to
die in.” -George McGovern

A REVOLUTION FOR THE YOUNG?
Sorry, guys, but this revolution is for the young --or at least for
the young at heart-- who care about the future, and about a quality of
life surrounding their needs.

Regrettably, they are not being enticed into politics. Important
issues like TRAFFIC SAFETY and BIKE FACILITIES are kept out of the
political discourse. Simply, cunning politicians lure the elderly, who
are easily duped with the politics of fear.* Remember the 2000
elections in Miami-Dade County. In other words: the Banana Republic
relies on the old and ignorant, while the Banana Revolution appeals to
the young and hopeful…

* fear of terrorism, communism, etc.
Old November 11th 08, 01:13 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
KingOfTheApes

On Nov 8, 3:25*pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Hey, sorrowful man, not all senior citizens are old…

Originally Posted by patentcad
“Hey, I’m not so friggin old.”

If you ride a bike, no matter how old you are, you’ll never be old.

But if you drool and speak about the need for war, you probably
are.

Old November 11th 08, 01:40 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
On Nov 8, 3:25 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:
[...]
Tom Keats and I are both a bit eccentric at times, but we are not a poor
crazy loon like ComandanteBanana. Frankly, he is more to be pitied than
condemned. Let us be thankful if we still have our wits about us. To end
up
like ComandanteBanana has got to be the worst of all possible worlds.

[...]

Did you notice the old and mentally confused lost the elections and

the younger voted for CHANGE (Obama) by a margin of 2 to 1?

Change IS good. It’s what made humans out of monkeys.

You god damn ****ing idiot - change is not necessarily good. How did you
ever get to be so stupid? Were you born that way or did you have to work at
it?

“I’m fed up to the ears with old men dreaming up wars for young men to

die in.” -George McGovern

Ah yes, McGovern - one of the biggest jackasses who has ever lived. Not hard
to figure why once you realize he was from South Dakota. The best thing that
ever happened to him was when his daughter died on the streets from a drug
overdose.
[...]

Old November 11th 08, 01:51 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.rides,uk.rec.cycling
Edward Dolan

"KingOfTheApes" wrote in message
On Nov 8, 3:25 pm, "Edward Dolan" wrote:

Hey, sorrowful man, not all senior citizens are old…

You god damn moron - I did not write the above.

Originally Posted by patentcad

“Hey, I’m not so friggin old.”

If you ride a bike, no matter how old you are, you’ll never be old.

But if you drool and speak about the need for war, you probably

are.

How about I war on your stupid head, you god damn freak of an asshole!

****ing Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Tom Danielson March 13 1978 - March 13 2008 [email protected] Racing 0 March 13th 08 10:31 AM
Mt. Washington BC nrkist Unicycling 4 August 28th 05 11:21 PM
Washington Post: A Rough Ride for Schwinn Bicycle Ed General 12 December 12th 04 05:24 AM