Well, I finally did it

Old April 1st 04, 09:44 PM
Callas

Default Well, I finally did it

As some of you know there has been a long running saga of me-and-my-
bike-position.

There have been a number of false dawns...

....but as of one week ago, problem *solved*.

Five years ago, I reached the point where I knew that my position on the
bike was limiting my performance on the bike.

About three years ago, the first major advance was buying a custom
frame. This got my basic position on the bike right and solved my lower
back discomfort.

Then I could never get my legs comfortable. Six months ago, the next
major advance was finding out I had a significant pelvic tilt and that
this was the ultimate cause of my position issues.

I've spent the last six months working on cleat adjustment (with spacers
and position) for the right shoe, since my pelvis is low on the left and
high on the right (the saddle being set to the correct height for the
lower leg and spacers being placed on the cleat for the higher leg).

However, I've never managed to get my right leg comfortable; it always
felt like I was pushing down over the top of the knee rather than
through the knee - quite unlike the left leg and wrong.

As of one week ago, I made the final advance.

I realised that I had thought my pelvis was tilted low on the left and
high on the right.

It is not.

It is tilted low on the RIGHT and high on the LEFT.

So, I moved the single spacer to the *left* shoe, adjusted the saddle
height to be correct for the right leg and - BINGO!

It's *right*. I've ridden every night for the last week - my enthusisam
for riding is back where I thought I ought to have had a solution
for months now but wasn't really making progress, I was slowing getting
more and more dispirited - starting to think it was impossible for me to
be able to ride properly. But now, now my position is correct, it's
*so* much easier and more comfortable to ride - it's cycling *bliss*.

--
Callas
Old April 1st 04, 09:52 PM
Paul - xxx

Callas posted ...

It's *right*. I've ridden every night for the last week - my
enthusisam for riding is back where I thought I ought to have had
a solution for months now but wasn't really making progress, I was
slowing getting more and more dispirited - starting to think it was
impossible for me to be able to ride properly. But now, now my
position is correct, it's *so* much easier and more comfortable to
ride - it's cycling *bliss*.

Heheheh .. enjoy it ..

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks ..

Old April 1st 04, 09:58 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 21:44:40 +0100, Callas
wrote in message :

So, I moved the single spacer to the *left* shoe, adjusted the saddle
height to be correct for the right leg and - BINGO!

Hey, great news! Well done.

--
Guy
===

Old April 2nd 04, 07:30 AM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

It's *right*. I've ridden every night for the last week - my enthusisam
for riding is back where I thought I ought to have had a solution
for months now but wasn't really making progress, I was slowing getting
more and more dispirited - starting to think it was impossible for me to
be able to ride properly. But now, now my position is correct, it's
*so* much easier and more comfortable to ride - it's cycling *bliss*.

Excellent! Wishing you many miles of happy cycling.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $