Something to avoid

Old September 17th 11, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default Something to avoid

Giving V signs to other road users.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new..._off_his_bike/

Old September 17th 11, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Sep 17, 1:55*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Giving V signs to other road users.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...liberately_kno...

You don't mention the ramming, naturally.
Old September 17th 11, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
Giving V signs to other road users.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new..._off_his_bike/

If I do that to another car driver I can expect a smack in the snout.
But of course the cyclist thought he could get away with it.
Bet he won't do it again.

Old September 17th 11, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Squashme wrote:
On Sep 17, 1:55 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Giving V signs to other road users.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...liberately_kno...

You don't mention the ramming, naturally.

Do you mean the alleged ramming? it may just have been made up by the
cyclist. We all know what cyclists are like for compo. claims. He might
just have thrown himself on the ground in temper or just fallen off somehow.

The V sign was admitted by the cyclist and is a Section 5 offence. If it
had not been made then anything further would not have happened.

Sounds like a bolshy cyclist attempted to force his will on others, lost,
got upset, starting waving rude signs at the departing car, then got a nasty
surprise. sounds like Karma to me.

Old September 17th 11, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Sep 17, 2:22*pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Squashme wrote:
On Sep 17, 1:55 pm, "Mrcheerful" wrote:
Giving V signs to other road users.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...liberately_kno....

You don't mention the ramming, naturally.

Do you mean the alleged ramming? it may just have been made up by the
cyclist. *We all know what cyclists are like for compo. claims. *He might
just have thrown himself on the ground in temper or just fallen off somehow.

The V sign was admitted by the cyclist and is a Section 5 offence. *If it
had not been made then anything further would not have happened.

Sounds like a bolshy cyclist attempted to force his will on others, lost,
got upset, starting waving rude signs at the departing car, then got a nasty
surprise. *sounds like Karma to me.

So you have heard the motorist's side of the story then? Oh no, I
wonder why not. So you approve of hit and run. No surprise. Funny how
moral you are about some things.
What Section covers attempted murder?
Old September 17th 11, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On Sep 17, 2:15*pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

Giving V signs to other road users.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...liberately_kno...

If I do that to another car driver I can expect a smack in the snout.

Then you should replace your windscreen now.

But of course the cyclist thought he could get away with it.
Bet he won't do it again.

No, hopefully he will carry a weapon, as motorists all do.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words (and gestures) will
never hurt me.
Old September 17th 11, 02:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Sep 17, 2:31*pm, Squashme wrote:

So you have heard the motorist's side of the story then? Oh no, I
wonder why not. So you approve of hit and run. No surprise. Funny how
moral you are about some things.
What Section covers attempted murder?- Hide quoted text -

I shall have to go to the police and say that a driver made a V sign
at me and could they please track them down?
I wonder how much notice they will take of me being a cry baby and
going to plod after being insulted by a scary gesture.
What a wimp.

--
Simon Mason
Old September 17th 11, 03:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 17/09/2011 14:35, Squashme wrote:
On Sep 17, 2:15 pm, "Mr
wrote:
wrote in message

Giving V signs to other road users.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...liberately_kno...

If I do that to another car driver I can expect a smack in the snout.

Then you should replace your windscreen now.

But of course the cyclist thought he could get away with it.
Bet he won't do it again.

No, hopefully he will carry a weapon, as motorists all do.

They do? Evidence?

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words (and gestures) will
never hurt me.

So you won't mind me hitting you with a large dictionary then?

University
Old September 17th 11, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

"Squashme" wrote in message
On Sep 17, 2:15 pm, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:
"Mrcheerful" wrote in message

Giving V signs to other road users.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...liberately_kno...

If I do that to another car driver I can expect a smack in the snout.

Then you should replace your windscreen now.

I am a polite car driver, not a pig ignorant cyclist.

But of course the cyclist thought he could get away with it.
Bet he won't do it again.

No, hopefully he will carry a weapon, as motorists all do.

As I don't.

Old September 17th 11, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

wrote:
wrote in message

Giving V signs to other road users.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/new...liberately_kno...

If I do that to another car driver I can expect a smack in the snout.

Then you should replace your windscreen now.

But of course the cyclist thought he could get away with it.
Bet he won't do it again.

No, hopefully he will carry a weapon, as motorists all do.

They do? Evidence?

He is suggesting that a car is a weapon ...... yawns.