Riding the 8 foot and 8 foot zigzag for the first time! fun...fun...fun

Old January 29th 07, 01:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
LiLpunk2012

Default Riding the 8 foot and 8 foot zigzag for the first time! fun...fun...fun

WHOOOOOOooooo!! today i rode the 8 foot and the 8 foot zigzag for the
first time

it was so much fun.....it was hard to get up and it was scary cause i
had to hold on to somthing dusty so it was slippery...lol....so when i
got up...someone held up a pole and offered it to me(this was one the 8
foot)and i said no i got it and rode off....

then i got up on the 8 foot zigzag....wow....i got up and it wasnt as
bad as getting up on the regular 8 foot.....then i rode off on that one
too!!

I am such a natural at heights.........

I had so much fun today and i engourage other people to try these cool
thingy-ma-bobs

WHOOOOOOO!

--
LiLpunk2012

Whaaa?
LiLpunk2012's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14243

Old January 29th 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SNES350

What is this 8 foot zigzag?

--
SNES350
SNES350's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12624

Old January 29th 07, 03:06 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni_jim

yeah, never heard of one. do you have a photo?

--
uni_jim

Beware of the pixies!
uni_jim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13559

Old January 30th 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wowunigirl

_
/
\
/

It looks sorta like that ..... i will try to get a picture by sunday

Basically it is an eight foot giraffe that is zigzaged it is F~U~N!

--
wowunigirl

i i i SARAH ! ! !
wowunigirl's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12649

Old January 30th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

wowunigirl wrote:
_
/
\
/

It looks sorta like that ..... i will try to get a picture by sunday

Basically it is an eight foot giraffe that is zigzaged it is F~U~N!

I've seen one it goes seat, down, cranks, down, left 3-4 ft, down,
wheel

--
skilewis74

Old January 30th 07, 02:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

skilewis74 wrote:
I've seen one it goes seat, down, cranks, down, left 3-4 ft, down, wheel

Sounds like Peter Rosendahl's "sideways giraffe." That's what I call
it, not sure what he calls it. Never seen it in person, but it would be
cool, especially in a spin!

Please post pictures of your zig-zag. Where are you?

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"pretty much every trail that we've done on the California or Moab Muni
weekends is an XC trail." -- Kris Holm, on XC from a North Shore point
of view

Old January 30th 07, 03:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
SNES350

johnfoss wrote:
Sounds like Peter Rosendahl's "sideways giraffe." That's what I call it,
not sure what he calls it. Never seen it in person, but it would be
cool, especially in a spin!

Please post pictures of your zig-zag. Where are you?

I believe I've seen that, or at least something just like that. I saw
it on someone's website, don't remember who's. Must be a massive pain
to make them.

Old January 30th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

johnfoss wrote:
Sounds like Peter Rosendahl's "sideways giraffe." That's what I call it,
not sure what he calls it. Never seen it in person, but it would be
cool, especially in a spin!

Please post pictures of your zig-zag. Where are you?

the crab cycle?

--
mornish

aim:kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com

maxcarriere wrote:
nah, he just wants to buy the cranks to look at them and rub them on his
body..

If one hop is a gift, it must be christmas when I ride!

Old January 30th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

The crab cycle doesn't have any zig-zag. It's just a gearbox on an
otherwise fairly ordinary giraffe. Peter Rosendahl's frame goes down a
little below the pedals, makes a hard right turn for a couple of feet,
then a hard left again taking it down to the wheel. "Normal" zig-zag
giraffes are bent to the front & rear, like that piece of ASCII art
above.

http://www.peter-rosendahl.eu/de-start.htm
I taught him the kick-up mount.

Old January 30th 07, 06:03 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
The.Mars.Volta

johnfoss wrote:
The crab cycle doesn't have any zig-zag. It's just a gearbox on an
otherwise fairly ordinary giraffe. Peter Rosendahl's frame goes down a
little below the pedals, makes a hard right turn for a couple of feet,
then a hard left again taking it down to the wheel. "Normal" zig-zag
giraffes are bent to the front & rear, like that piece of ASCII art
above.

http://www.peter-rosendahl.eu/de-start.htm
I taught him the kick-up mount.

i think he means thats what the sideways giraffe is, a crabcycle. but i
could be wrong

--
The.Mars.Volta

juggle508 wrote:
I now know why Tomsey is so good at backs. And why Shaun owns at normal
flips.
It has to do with the gravitational pull. Like how the toilet flushes
in the opposite direction down there. Well its easier down there to
flip backwards then forwards. KH.

'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/2lotu6)

'My YouTube Account' (http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=jtbatool)
The.Mars.Volta's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13719