Urban Assault anyone? (New Toy)

Old August 15th 08, 04:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
inthe10ring

Default Urban Assault anyone? (New Toy)

Here's my new Uni... Just put the Hookworm on last night... Makes a big
difference over the stock knobbie. (at least for learning). This will
make the third "cycle" that I have Hookworms on... I love these
things!
[image:
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../IMG_0833.jpg]
[image:
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../IMG_0831.jpg]

My primary vehicle (also on Hookworms)
[image:
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../IMG_0801.jpg]
[image:
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j1.../IMG_0742.jpg]

--
inthe10ring
Old August 15th 08, 02:15 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Michaelgoround

I love that bike!!! Can you fit your unicycle on the back? Oh and what
size wheel do you have on your uni?

--
Michaelgoround
Old August 15th 08, 03:18 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tulsa

What the heck is a hookworm?

--
Tulsa
Old August 15th 08, 03:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Michaelgoround

Its the tire on his bike and uni. Maxxis Hookworm tire .

--
Michaelgoround
Old August 15th 08, 03:48 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Gadge

Hookworms roll

--
Gadge

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;
the point is to discover them." - Galileo Galilei.
Old August 15th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Tulsa

Michaelgoround wrote:
Its the tire on his bike and uni. Maxxis Hookworm tire .

Thanks.

--
Tulsa
Old August 15th 08, 04:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hobo_chuck

It's also a parasitic worm that lives in the intestine.

EDIT: A dx with a hookworm? Cool.
Doesn't riding that involves that tire usually require shorter cranks
though?
I dunno its sorta a hybrid.

--
hobo_chuck
Old August 15th 08, 05:00 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Seager

What do you need front panniers racks for on an xtracycle? That would
have to be some incredibly heavy touring.

--
Seager

'The GreyMatter Jugglers' (http://www.greymatterjugglers.com) | 'Team
RoadShow' (http://www.teamroadshow.com) | 'Unexpected Failure
Productions' (http://www.unexpectedfailure.com) | 'Moab'
(http://tinyurl.com/9fxuv)
Old August 15th 08, 05:35 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
hobo_chuck

Seager wrote:
What do you need front panniers racks for on an xtracycle? That would
have to be some incredibly heavy touring.

And pretty heavy duty road riding on the uni, too.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he rides big
street(might be implied in thread title, again, dunno)

--
hobo_chuck
Old August 15th 08, 06:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
inthe10ring

Seager wrote:
What do you need front panniers racks for on an xtracycle? That would
have to be some incredibly heavy touring.

Yeah, heavy touring is pretty much how I roll... I weigh 325, so I'm
not super picky about weight on the Xtracycle... Origionally, I had
only the stock rear rack on the Safari, but soon swapped my Xtracycle
kit over.

The Hookworm Tires are great because they have a super tough/stiff
single ply casing that holds it's shape very well. The surface of the
tire is also textured with very small little "pyramid" shapes; that
seem to stick to any surface rediculously well...
If there is anyone looking for a great street tire, this is it! The
size is 24x2.5 . The stock tire on the dx was a 2.6, so there is not
very radical change in tire size overall...

--
inthe10ring

Best rim/tire/sprocket/chainring/crank combo for an internal hubgear urban assault bike Pilgrim Techniques 4 October 9th 07 09:38 PM
Invitation: Subaru Urban Assault Race [email protected] Social Issues 0 February 24th 06 03:52 AM
It's not assault RWD General 39 February 5th 06 10:39 AM
Vehicle assault [email protected] General 47 April 19th 05 07:21 PM
Trade: Urban Assault to XC frame (Canada) Guy Bouchard Marketplace 0 December 13th 03 09:56 PM