Q: Campy Bottom Bracket

Old February 2nd 04, 09:21 PM
John Dacey

Default Q: Campy Bottom Bracket

"Nil desperandum." - Horace
On Mon, 02 Feb 2004 15:07:57 -0500, Sheldon Brown
wrote:

Arthur Shapiro wrote:

Thanks for that information, Sheldon. Wish I had the bb in front of me here
in the office, but I thought I easily pulled the threaded cups off the rest of
the assembly, leaving something with no indication of left vs. right.

I don't stock the Chorus BB, so I can't check it out, but generally, if
there's printing on the BB, it will be oriented to be readable from
normal riding position, so the "C" will be on the left and the "o" will
be on the right, with "ampagnol" in between. If the printing is
crosswise, it should be readable from the right side.

Sheldon "Which Side ediS hcihW" Brown

Even if the label with the writing has gone missing, the original
poster may be assured that there's little chance of assembling this
incorrectly. The bearing diameters used for the left and right sides
are distinctly different. The larger diameter bearing located on the
left side of the cartridge won't fit within the flanged right cup. It
becomes self-evident with the parts in hand.
-------------------------------
John Dacey
Business Cycles, Miami, Florida
Now in our twenty-first year.
Our catalogue of track equipment: eighth year online.
http://www.businesscycles.com
Old February 3rd 04, 02:26 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

art- I hate to be dense, but what in the world is the "guide screw"???
BRBR

The thing that holds the BB guide into the frameset. If it really long, it may
hit the BB, casuing some noise. A inner tube valve washer works well to fix
this.

Two smaller bearings on the right, with the cup with a lip(make sure the seal
is in there, One big bearing on the left, with an integrated into the cup seal.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302