Two front or back?

Old July 23rd 05, 09:44 AM
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" jeff@door7 wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

I have been on bike tours where some are obsessed with cleanliness and
make a royal nuisance of themselves because of it. They caterwaul about
hot showers until it makes you want to throw up. Others are just the
opposite. They go for the entire week without shaving and end up looking
very scruffy. Surely there is a happy medium.

Have you tried introducing them to the Yak Fat (tm) concept? I will grant
you that like my good self, many recumbent riders will not feel the need
to carry extra fat even if it is the miracle Yak Fat (tm). The Yak Fat
(tm) won't help for the bearded crowd, however. There are just some things
you can't get through to people no matter how hard you try. But why am I
telling you this?

I understand that Yak Fat (tm) is available as a liquid. Maybe you could
put some in a spray bottle and spray it on your fellow riders when they
aren't looking. I'm sure that is wondrous effects should be felt fairly
quickly. You can then take credit and be a hero to your fellow riders just
like you are already a hero to this NG.

You could have a whole Yak Fat (tm) business complete with website. This
is another one of those ideas that I wish I'd thought of. Ah well.

You have taken content from another thread and presented it here. Try to
keep your threads straight, why don't you?

However, since you are saying nothing at all here are my original responses:

"Good humor overall is a terrific bore. See Jeff Grippe's latest efforts on
the yak fat thing in this regard. I mean to make some points as I go along
and you can only do that by getting under the skin and causing some
irritation. I am very good at this and poor Jeff hasn't a clue. Meinecke to
his credit does not even attempt to do what I do. Therefore, he comes across
as a nicer guy, but infinitely duller. Same for Jeff Grippe.

Not everyone can do what I do because it requires unconventional thinking
combined with intelligence and the courage to say what others fear to say
due to political correctness.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Well, this is what happens when your inferiors like Jeff Grippe try to be
funny.

The Tibetan yak fat thing was a throw away line that referenced your concern
about being smelly. The Tibetans use the yak fat in order to ward off the
cold, but you can imagine how it must smell. But the Tibetans are a sensible
people because they are not concerned all that much about how they smell.
They only bath once a year even though covered in yak fat. They would rather
be warm and smell than be cold, clean and not smell.

But hey, if other idiots here think you are funny, then go for it. But the
test
will be to amuse me - and I am not easily amused because I am cursed
with a great intelligence."

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old July 25th 05, 01:58 AM
Jeff Grippe

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message
news

The Tibetan yak fat thing was a throw away line that referenced your
concern
about being smelly. The Tibetans use the yak fat in order to ward off the
cold, but you can imagine how it must smell. But the Tibetans are a
sensible
people because they are not concerned all that much about how they smell.
They only bath once a year even though covered in yak fat. They would
rather
be warm and smell than be cold, clean and not smell.

Eddie you seem to be running hot and cold on the Yak Fat (tm) idea. I've
spent the weekend sourcing manufacturers and now you say its a "throw away
line"

I've spent the weekend working out the details of the line and I was
counting on you to do the Camelback Showerhead thing (although it appears to
no longer be necessary).

Look Ed. I would appreciate it if you don't begin a project that you have no
intention of seeing through.

Think of the water that we would save if people only had to bathe once a
year. Half the savings on many peoples water bills would pay for the Yak Fat
(tm) garments. And now you call it a throwaway?

Frankly Ed, I don't like your attitude!

Your former partner,

Jeff

Old July 25th 05, 02:47 AM
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" jeff@door7 wrote in message
[...]
Think of the water that we would save if people only had to bathe once a
year. Half the savings on many peoples water bills would pay for the Yak
Fat (tm) garments. And now you call it a throwaway?

You are probably the kind of jerk who takes showers twice a day. I can just
picture you on a bike tour blathering all day long about hot showers. And
don't forget to hand wash those stinky shorts and those stinky jerseys of
yours either each and every night. After you have accomplished those two
chores you can go and pig out at dinner and justify it by all the calories
you are burning up cycling. The one thing that will never occur to you is
how disgusting you are.

It is types like Jeff Grippe who use too much water and eat too much food
who are depleting the resources of the planet. It would be better if he
would just sweat like a man and be smelly like the rest of us. Instead, he
complains like a woman who cannot attend to her boudoir.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

PS. Jeff is now being kill filed like crazy for his idiotic posts, the one
thing he wanted least. He is being kill filed because he wants to play the
fool. Those who kill filed me at least did it for a better reason than that.
It is because I told them something about themselves that they would rather
not hear.

Old July 25th 05, 11:02 AM
Jeff Grippe

[...]

Eddie, I'm starting to think you don't love me anymore. I would type a
longer message but I can't see through the tears. But at least I'm getting a
shower without having to resort to wasting the resources of the planet.
Goodbye Eddie, you savage brute!

Old July 25th 05, 09:25 PM
Edward Dolan

[...]

Jeff knows how to disarm me up to a point, but still he should not play the
fool here on ARBR. He is too intelligent for that and there are plenty of
natural born fools who do not have to work at it like he does. Mr. Tom
Sherman would occasionally take this tack with me too and it never worked
for him any better than it works for Jeff. Why? Like Jeff, Tom had too much
natural intelligence to pull it off. We had all best stay in character and
not pretend to be something that we aren't.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota