Protest rallies a huge success

Old December 1st 05, 06:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Protest rallies a huge success

Our ever lasting thanks to the religious community. At least here in
WI, we can expect to see less of Evil Satan and his walkbikes.

Mojo - thanks for your support HRS fans!

http://highracers.blogspot.com/2005/...s-florida.html

Old December 3rd 05, 01:39 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Your blog has made it clear that you don't like high racers, the
Bacchetta Company, and it's owners? So what do you ride and why do
like it?

Jim Reilly
Reading, PA

Old December 3rd 05, 01:35 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

I was hoping to hear a response from Mojo directly but I suppose an
indirect response from the political arm of the Mojo Republican Army
will have to do.

Jim

Old December 4th 05, 12:33 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Maybe you will. Chirstmas is coming. All joking aside, the NoCom
looks amazing! Still the position of the rider's legs as well as the
chain has me wondering how far one could turn the front wheel before
hitting one or the other. What do you know about that?

Jim, still near Reading, PA

Old December 4th 05, 11:17 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

wrote in message
oups.com...
Maybe you will. Chirstmas is coming. All joking aside, the NoCom
looks amazing! Still the position of the rider's legs as well as the
chain has me wondering how far one could turn the front wheel before
hitting one or the other. What do you know about that?

Jim, still near Reading, PA

I rode one a month ago, forget about turning the front wheel more than a few
degrees. The NoCom is a nice looking but impractical bike, I'll stick with
my Baron

Old December 5th 05, 02:32 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Jim Reilly who is still near Reading, PA ) wrote:
Maybe you will. Chirstmas is coming. All joking aside, the NoCom
looks amazing! Still the position of the rider's legs as well as the
chain has me wondering how far one could turn the front wheel before
hitting one or the other. What do you know about that?

I have ridden a couple of lowracers that run the chain by the front
wheel (this is an option on the Earth Cycles Sunset Lowracer [TM]).
Useable steering "lock" is rather limited in this arrangement. The two
situations where wheel/chain interference are generally an issue are
when starting out and when making tight turns. The former can be dealt
with by proper starting technique, i.e., have the bike vertical, in the
proper gear, and the crank/pedals in an orientation that allows the
rider to generate the largest possible force on the pedal. The later
can be addressed by riding in a vehicular manner; i.e. not attempting
any maneuvers that one would not do in a motor vehicle. Negotiating
certain bike paths with sharps turns could be a problem, but this is
not the ideal environment for a bicycle like the Velokraft NoCom [1]
which begs to be ridden at higher speeds. At the 20+ mph (35+ kph)
speeds easily obtained on the NoCom, limited steering lock will not be
an issue.

[1] Until proven otherwise, the Velokraft NoCom is the fastest "Stock
Class" bicycle in the known universe.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old December 5th 05, 02:36 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Mark Leuck wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
Maybe you will. Chirstmas is coming. All joking aside, the NoCom
looks amazing! Still the position of the rider's legs as well as the
chain has me wondering how far one could turn the front wheel before
hitting one or the other. What do you know about that?

Jim, still near Reading, PA

I rode one a month ago, forget about turning the front wheel more than a few
degrees. The NoCom is a nice looking but impractical bike, I'll stick with
my Baron[.]

Standard or "low" Baron? The large amount of tiller is very noticeable
on the stock Optima Baron setup, but it still handles quite well at
lower speeds.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old December 5th 05, 03:31 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Sunset Lowracer [TM] Fanatic" wrote in message
oups.com...

[...]

In other words, a good bike for ideal riding conditions. However, in the
real world there hardly ever exist ideal riding conditions, most especially
not in urban areas. No thank you! I want a bike I can ride easily and
handily under any and all conditions. This includes really bad roads, sharp
turns, totally congested conditions where going slow is mandatory, ... the
list just goes on and on.

Some bikes are designed more for the race track than real roads. Anyone here
into racing? I thought not!

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

[1] Until proven otherwise, the Velokraft NoCom is the fastest "Stock
Class" bicycle in the known universe.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

PS. Mr. Sherman could just as easily have put his footnote in parenthesis in
the body of his message, thereby sparing us the tedium of having to look for
it in the cellar. One of these days I am going to write a long essay and
post it here on ARBR on why none of us should ever use footnotes. It is
nothing but a scholarly affectation which has no place here. As a former
college librarian who had to deal with these confounded things all the time,
I HATE FOOTNOTES! Does Mr. Sherman do this just to irritate me?