9/11...5th Anniversary

Old September 14th 06, 10:13 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

Default Ford Pinto, 36th Anniversary (was: 9/11...5th Anniversary)

Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
oups.com...

JimmyMac wrote:
[...]
These tragic events exploited the naive vulnerabilities of a free
world
nation and exposed an egregious failure within its intelligence
community. The level of precision and the enormity of scale of this
methodical, systematic attack were unprecedented. This was a
catastrophe of unparalleled proportion.

You have just hurt the feelings of Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto. Remember
that little incident on Oahu on December 7, 1941?
[...]

Pearl Harbor was not on the same scale as the World Trade Center. Why?
Because it was an attack on a military base which was located in a
territory
of the U.S. halfway around the world - not quite the same thing as an
attack
on the civilian population of New York City.

I will take Mr. Sherman at his word that he is merely being flippant and
not
behaving like some far left wing liberal nut and screwball (all one
word),
as he is want to do from time to time.

Also, I do not think it was proper of you to change the topic heading of
Jim's post. After all, he is entitled to say whatever he wants to say on
this forum as are you and I. If you want to blather on about Ford Pintos,
then post your own original message on the subject. Do not hijack the
topics
of others.

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I am for the most part in
agreement with you. WIth wounds still fresh for many, Tom Sherman's
response was one with inappropriate levity, however, he never indicated
that he was merely being flippant so there is not need to take him at
his word.

Here was his signature to his message that we both object to:

Tom Sherman - I Feel Flippant!

I somehow overlooked the signature, but placing the "disclaimer" at the
very bottom is akin to inserting an escape clause for the
unjustifiable. Tempted though I was, I didn't dignify Tom's nonsense
with a responce. Had I responded, I would likey have said that not
mentioning Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto and/or the attack on Pearl Harbor
should not be misconstured. An ommission does not equate to an
oversight or connote any intention on the part of the author (me). The
focal point of the subject matter was 9/11 an it was the 5 year
anniversary. It was not the anniversary of the attack on Pearl Harbor.
Tom's curious, light-hearted response appears to reveal an
inappropriate lack of sensitivity not toward me the author but toward
the victims.

Regardless, Tom's flippant response was unfitting and
imprudent. In addition, one might add that the death toll at the World
Trade Center exceeded that of Pearl Harbor. Our response, lest we
forget, (read two atom bombs) exceeded these death tolls by nearly a
hundred fold.

Jim, I like you more and more when you post your own original messages.
There is no point in trolling me since I am the ultimate troll, but overall
a good troll.

I though you claimed time and time again that I NEVER post ANY original
messages and I thought that you denied being a troll. Like me? Forget
it. You and I will never be buds. I just think that you enjoy the
respite from me getting in your face an giving you **** like you do to
others.

I will say that the only true scoundrel I have ever encountered on these
newsgroups was one by the name of Ed Gin. Let's face it, most on these
cycling groups are pretty good guys and can take a bit of ribbing from me
without going berserk.

Perhaps so, but I have not forgotten that on several occassions you
linked me with Ed Gin, indicated that you understood why he would have
issues with me and said he played me for the fool. You even went so
far as to say that we deserved one another. As strongly as I feel
about the mann, I consider those remarks as ones which exceed a just
bit of ribbing.

Jim McNamara

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old September 14th 06, 10:40 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Mr. Ed Dolan the Grate wrote:
"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
oups.com...

JimmyMac wrote:
[...]
These tragic events exploited the naive vulnerabilities of a free
world
nation and exposed an egregious failure within its intelligence
community. The level of precision and the enormity of scale of this
methodical, systematic attack were unprecedented. This was a
catastrophe of unparalleled proportion.

You have just hurt the feelings of Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto. Remember
that little incident on Oahu on December 7, 1941?
[...]

Pearl Harbor was not on the same scale as the World Trade Center. Why?
Because it was an attack on a military base which was located in a
territory
of the U.S. halfway around the world - not quite the same thing as an
attack
on the civilian population of New York City.

The level of skill and precision exhibited by the thousands of Japanese
naval personnel involved in the Pearl Harbor attack certainly exceeds
that required to mug a few pilots and crash into a building. [1]

Yes, but intent is everything. The fact is that the Japanese could not have
struck the U.S. homeland even if they had wanted to. Moreover, they attacked
military bases, not innocent civilians like the scum bag Islamists. I think
the Japanese also invaded the Aleutian Islands later on, another distant
territory of the U.S. I mean, just how pathetic can you get!

Speaking of deliberately crashing airplanes into things, the Japanese
resorted to "kamikaze" attacks due to the attrition of trained pilots.
It takes much less skill to fly an airplane into a ship than to hit it
with a bomb or torpedo launched from an airplane.

Yes, but the Japanese only became desperate in last stages of the war when
they knew all had been lost. But the murderous kamikaze nature of our two
enemies were and are the same. It is always best not to be a fanatic about
anything unless you wish to die.

I will take Mr. Sherman at his word that he is merely being flippant and
not
behaving like some far left wing liberal nut and screwball (all one
word),
as he is want to do from time to time.

When a car is successful, the name is reused on several generations of
redesign, e.g. Toyota Corolla, Honda Accord. Notice that Ford Motor
Company has NOT reused the "Pinto" (or "badge engineered" Mercury
Bobcat) names.

Your tirade about the Pinto belonged on its own thread, not on Jim's heart
felt remembrance to the 9/11 episode. However, it would have been OK for you
to post it there anyway provided you had not changed the subject heading.
NEVER do that with a fresh topic! Once a thread has gone on and one and has
gotten off the original topic, only then is it OK to change the subject
heading.

Frankly, I rather like those like Jim McNamara who post on various occasions
and holidays reminding us of how we can be better than we normally are. Life
goes by quickly and we are soon dead and in our graves.

Thanks for you support I guess. You know there There is much that I
could contribute to this the course that this thread has taken, but
simply don't have the time or the incloination at the momentand I don't
feel that the direction it is going has anything to do with my original
post. On another note, Tom has been trying to draw me in for some
reason. I guess he has recovered from our last skirmish and is itchin'
for a fight. On still another note, although Ed Gin was more than
just a casual cycling acquaintance at one time, I am certainly not
saddened by the mentioning of hm being an ex-friend as Tom asserted. I
would have it no other way. EX works for me. I'll also take Tom's
comment regarding my "want to be columnist writing" as recognition
that I write will and leave it at that since I could care less what he
thinks. I don't need his opinion or his confirmation. - Jim McNamara.

Also, I do not think it was proper of you to change the topic heading of
Jim's post. After all, he is entitled to say whatever he wants to say on
this forum as are you and I. If you want to blather on about Ford Pintos,
then post your own original message on the subject. Do not hijack the
topics
of others.

Now this is clever - Mr. Ed Dolan playing the aggrieved with a straight
face, when he has turned many on-topic threads into off-topic flame
wars.

I only do that after a topic has gone on and on to no purpose. I will also
only do that when whatever is posted is just too stupid for words. It is
very strange to me that you cannot tell a stupid post from an intelligent
one.

Every post is sui generis with me. I do not let old grievances ever color
what I post to any given message. Everyone is always free to start over with
me with every post. Just don't say say anything too stupid for words.

[1] Of course, there is rather strong circumstantial evidence that more
than airplanes were required to bring down WTC Buildings 1, 2 & 7 [2],
but the evidence has disappeared in Chinese steel (recycling) mills.
[2] WTC 7 collapsing from the attacks makes no sense at all, not to
mention many other circumstances that cast doubt on the veracity of the
official version of September 11, 2001.

Mr. Sherman, like all nincompoop liberals, has fallen prey to various
conspiracy theories regarding 9/11. He needs to get off those liberal blog
sites. They are rotting his brains.

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

Hey, everyone has to be somewhere, even you! So how do you like Chicagoland?

Old September 14th 06, 11:43 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman

JimmyMac wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
oups.com...

JimmyMac wrote:
[...]
[...]

Well, sometimes people show off their overwrought, hyperbolic, want to
be a columnist but didn't make it writing - do you expect me to respond
seriously? How much precision does it take to knife a pilot with a box
cutter anyhow? More than launching hundreds of aircrafts after
traveling thousands of miles in radio silence?

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

Old September 15th 06, 12:51 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
JimmyMac

Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
JimmyMac wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
oups.com...

JimmyMac wrote:
[...]
[...]

I really didn't even expect you to reply, let alone in such a flippant
and telling fashion. Jealousy doesn't become you, Tom. Actually, I
wasn't showing off and I'll certainly not apologize for being
articulate, but I will accept your "want to be columnist" comment as a
compliment. I never tried to be a writer although I have had several
articles published in magazines and newspapers, so you could say I made
the grade. Hyperbole? What I wrote was sincere and heart felt ...
yes, but exaggerated ... no. Words can't possibly begin to express the
emotion of that day. What you don't understand is that what I wrote
was about the event itself, the aftermath that ensued and the effects
it had on people. I fail to comprehend why you insist on distorting
and demeaning my original message and/or my intentions. Why must you
reduce and *******ize my message into a compare and contrast scenario
in order to assess which event took more skill, cunning and precision
to implement? What I wrote had nothing remotely to do with the Ford
Pinto. What I wrote had nothing remotely to do with Pearl Harbor.
What you wrote in response had everything to do with a lack of
sensitivity and compassion and now you are attempting to rationalize
the unjustifiable. Too late, Tom ... What's done is done. For some
reason known only to you, you were apparently unable to take what I
wrote at face value. You couldn't help yourself. I suppose you are
a victim of your engineer mentality and I can't help you there.

Jim McNamara

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

Old September 15th 06, 02:25 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

JimmyMac wrote:
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman wrote:
JimmyMac wrote:
Edward Dolan wrote:
"JimmyMac" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
oups.com...

JimmyMac wrote:
[...]
[...]

Jealous of the original post? ROTFL.

Actually, I
wasn't showing off and I'll certainly not apologize for being
articulate, but I will accept your "want to be columnist" comment as a
compliment. I never tried to be a writer although I have had several
articles published in magazines and newspapers, so you could say I made
the grade. Hyperbole? What I wrote was sincere and heart felt ...
yes, but exaggerated ... no. Words can't possibly begin to express the
emotion of that day. What you don't understand is that what I wrote
was about the event itself, the aftermath that ensued and the effects
it had on people. I fail to comprehend why you insist on distorting
and demeaning my original message and/or my intentions.

A hell of a lot more people have died due to greed driven violence and
billions more (if not the entire human species) will likely die
unpleasant deaths due to collective inability of societies to live in a
sustainable manner. Compared to this, what are a few thousand people, a
few high-rise buildings, and a few aeroplanes? Most people on the
planet now living are doomed to a "short, nasty and brutish existence
(as Hobbes might put it), so get over September 11, 2001 already. If
you found the events of that day shocking, it is because you were
living the deluded "American" existence of being above the miseries of
other societies.

Human civilization has passed its peak, and the downhill ride is going
to be ugly. Enjoy!

Why must you
reduce and *******ize my message into a compare and contrast scenario
in order to assess which event took more skill, cunning and precision
to implement? What I wrote had nothing remotely to do with the Ford
Pinto. What I wrote had nothing remotely to do with Pearl Harbor.

I changed the subject line to reflect the change in subject. This is
proper Usenet etiquette.

A complaint about comparing and contrasting is funny coming from
someone who wrote "The level of precision and the enormity of scale of
this methodical, systematic attack were unprecedented", as this
statement is a comparison.

What you wrote in response had everything to do with a lack of
sensitivity and compassion and now you are attempting to rationalize
the unjustifiable. Too late, Tom ... What's done is done. For some
reason known only to you, you were apparently unable to take what I
wrote at face value. You couldn't help yourself. I suppose you are
a victim of your engineer mentality and I can't help you there.

Oh please! Don't start off-topic trolls and expect not to be called out
on it.

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

Old September 15th 06, 02:33 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc

Mr. Ed Dolan the Grate wrote:
"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
oups.com...

JimmyMac wrote:
[...]
[...]

Don't troll the newsgroups with self-promotion disguised as the
patriotic line" and expect not to have it pointed out.

On still another note, although Ed Gin was more than
just a casual cycling acquaintance at one time, I am certainly not
saddened by the mentioning of hm being an ex-friend as Tom asserted. I
would have it no other way. EX works for me....

Why do so many people report evidence that indicates the contrary? Is
there a Chicagoland vendetta against Jimmy Mac?

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

Old September 15th 06, 06:23 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Mr. Ed Dolan the Grate wrote:
"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
oups.com...

JimmyMac wrote:
[...]
[...]

Opinion state as fact and yours is an opinion that is as of yet
unsupported by any like commentary from the readership. Your response
was unfitting and you have since attempted to divert the focus of
intent from you to me ... clever, but you failed. You misconstrued my
intent, but that matters not because you matter not.

On still another note, although Ed Gin was more than
just a casual cycling acquaintance at one time, I am certainly not
saddened by the mentioning of hm being an ex-friend as Tom asserted. I
would have it no other way. EX works for me....

Why do so many people report evidence that indicates the contrary? Is
there a Chicagoland vendetta against Jimmy Mac?

More opinion stated as fact. This is getting to be a bad habit. And
just who are these nebulous "so many" and where is your "evidence" ...
proof I belive you prefer to call it. The burden of proof rest with
the accuser and unsubstantiated assertion does not a fact make. I am
unaware of any vendetta and frankly I couldn't care less and I am
reasonably certain that Ed's other ex-friends feel likewise. The
original thread had nothing to do with Ed Gin and it should have
remained as such.

Tom Sherman - Here, not there.

Old September 16th 06, 12:19 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc

Mr. Ed Dolan the Grate wrote:
"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
oups.com...

JimmyMac wrote:
[...]
[...]

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

For some reason when people mention September 11, 2001, there is a
ridiculous unwritten rule in the US that it gives validity to whatever
else they say, and put it beyond criticism. JimmyMac exploited this to
self-promote his writing. Enough said.

On still another note, although Ed Gin was more than
just a casual cycling acquaintance at one time, I am certainly not
saddened by the mentioning of hm being an ex-friend as Tom asserted. I
would have it no other way. EX works for me....

Why do so many people report evidence that indicates the contrary? Is
there a Chicagoland vendetta against Jimmy Mac?

More opinion stated as fact. This is getting to be a bad habit. And
just who are these nebulous "so many" and where is your "evidence" ...
proof I belive you prefer to call it. The burden of proof rest with
the accuser and unsubstantiated assertion does not a fact make. I am
unaware of any vendetta and frankly I couldn't care less and I am
reasonably certain that Ed's other ex-friends feel likewise. The
original thread had nothing to do with Ed Gin and it should have
remained as such.

Oh, why do so many people lie to me?

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.
I am supporting cannibalism by eating more nuts.

Old September 16th 06, 02:44 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc
JimmyMac

Mr. Ed Dolan the Grate wrote:
"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
oups.com...

JimmyMac wrote:
[...]
[...]

Thank you for providing us with your self-portrait.

For some reason when people mention September 11, 2001, there is a
ridiculous unwritten rule in the US that it gives validity to whatever
else they say, and put it beyond criticism. JimmyMac exploited this to
self-promote his writing. Enough said.

Opinion stated as fact, again??? What you have presented is a
declaration that is made emphatically as if no supporting evidence were
necessary. Perhaps you should have qualified your OPINION with
something like ... "It is my own personal opinion", because that is
all that it is. No matter how many times you repeat your opinion, it
will not become any more or less true than it was in initially. It
should be obvious that repitition alone is not a substitute for a valid
argument. An unsubstantiated assertion does not a fact make. Now,
enough has been said!!!

On still another note, although Ed Gin was more than
just a casual cycling acquaintance at one time, I am certainly not
saddened by the mentioning of hm being an ex-friend as Tom asserted. I
would have it no other way. EX works for me....

Why do so many people report evidence that indicates the contrary? Is
there a Chicagoland vendetta against Jimmy Mac?

More opinion stated as fact. This is getting to be a bad habit. And
just who are these nebulous "so many" and where is your "evidence" ...
proof I belive you prefer to call it. The burden of proof rests with
the accuser and unsubstantiated assertion does not a fact make. I am
unaware of any vendetta and frankly I couldn't care less and I am
reasonably certain that Ed's other ex-friends feel likewise. The
original thread had nothing to do with Ed Gin and it should have
remained as such.

Oh, why do so many people lie to me?

Perhpas because you are blinded by your affinity with your associates
that you are receptive to whatever is said of me, or perhaps becuase
you are not open-minded and objective, unwilling to hear but only one
side of a story, but what does this have do do with your
unsubstantiated assertion??? Since no names or evidence have been
provided, why should I not assume that you are lying? Regardless, like
I said before, I couldn't care less. In the greater scheme of things
this matters no ... Ed Gin matters not and Ed Gin's mout piece (you)
matter not.

Old September 16th 06, 03:51 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Mr. Ed Dolan the Grate wrote:
"Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman" wrote in message
oups.com...

JimmyMac wrote:
[...]
[...]

Written, not said. However, it is enough, since reading this is making
me sleepy.

[...]

Yo JimmyMac - you may repeat things told in confidence on a public
forum, but I do try not to be that much of an anti-social jerk.

Regardless, like
I said before, I couldn't care less. In the greater scheme of things
this matters no ... Ed Gin matters not and Ed Gin's mout piece (you)
matter not.

What is a "mout"?

--
Tom Sherman - Here, not there.