GTOE in BROL

Old December 30th 03, 08:02 PM
Jeff Wills

Default GTOE in BROL

"Hellbent Rick" wrote in message ...
I used to own a '73 VW van and I plucked a 1.8 litre motor from a roached
Porsche 914 and installed it into the van. Worked great!

I heard rumors that the Porsche 914 was sold in Europe as a VW. Perhaps
this is why David didn't acknowledge your last statement?

As for the 924, I would much rather have an underpowered 914.

Rick---

Wandering *way* off-topic, but what the hey...

The '73 VW van and the 914 used the same engine... I'm tempted to say
identical, but I'm not really sure (too many beer-filled
post-auto-parts-counter nights). The 914 did sport "VW-Porsche"
emblems in Europe (on the 914-6 at least).

The 924 had an Audi truck engine, VW Rabbit front suspension, and a
variety of other pieces pinched from part bins.

Once upon a time I owned a 1961 VW crewcab pickup... rusty and
decrepit. I restored it to the point where it *ran*, but it was
woefully undergeared. It topped out at 70mph, *above* redline in high
gear. Driving on L.A's freeways was like sitting on a hand grenade.

Jeff (reliving my misspent youth)
Old December 31st 03, 03:21 PM
john riley

"Dave Larrington" wrote in message ...

The Cayenne is an abomination. Find those responsible, shoot them and burn
the bodies.

Seems like I read that they now sell more of these barges than they do
of the sports cars.

john riley

Old January 1st 04, 12:39 AM
Tom Sherman

john riley wrote:

"Dave Larrington" wrote in message ...

The Cayenne is an abomination. Find those responsible, shoot them and burn
the bodies.

Seems like I read that they now sell more of these barges than they do
of the sports cars.

john riley

Pretty senseless, considering how much cheaper a codpiece is than a
Porsche (excluding the 5% or so of the buyers who actually care about
the way a car handles when pushed hard).

Tom Sherman – Close to 41½ N, 90½ W