Foot position on pedal

Old August 24th 04, 10:56 AM
michael7

Default Foot position on pedal

What's the correct position to put your foot onto the pedal? Do you use
your heel for riding or more the middle or front part of your foot?
Sometimes it seems to me like it's easier if I use the middle part of my
foot (especially when riding backwards) but I'm not quite sure. What's
your preferred position?

--
michael7
michael7's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7049

Old August 24th 04, 11:10 AM
ChangingLINKS.com

Usually, I put the ball of my foot just just in front of the middle of
the pedal.
This allows me to absorb shock, feather, and stay on the pedals
better.
The caveat is that if I am not paying attention, I can hurt my right
ankle.

It SEEMS like I can pedal faster with the arch at the center.

--
ChangingLINKS.com - member

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com
ChangingLINKS.com's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5468

Old August 24th 04, 01:30 PM
wobbling bear

'this thread' (http://tinyurl.com/3j7ha)
was about the same topic.

I have to confess I can't use the ball and I must put the arch
of my foot over the pedal.
Reason: too bad for my tendons (but probably due to bad overstretching
...) I even have to pedal by pointing always my foot downwards as much
as I can

but expert advices seem to differ ..... I have seen lately another post
on under-the-arch advocacy....

--
wobbling bear - GranPa goes-a-wobblin'
wobbling bear's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3716

Old August 24th 04, 04:06 PM
Ken Cline

"michael7" writes:

What's the correct position to put your foot onto the pedal?

Experiment and find a position you like.

In general, I feel better in control with my foot back (i.e. ball of
the foot close to the pedal), but safer doing drops with the foot way
forward (heel near pedal). I need to step up on my toes (actuall ball
of the foot) to transition to seat out on my freestyle unicycle. For
the most part, I ride with my foot slightly further back than I would
on a bicycle.

Ken

Pedal grab help seriously needed...... unipsychogirl Unicycling 26 October 1st 07 01:41 AM
MTB pedals on a road bike? rickn Techniques 23 April 15th 04 06:11 PM
Free mounting UniManiac Unicycling 14 April 15th 04 05:22 PM
Foot position gpickett00 Unicycling 19 March 3rd 04 11:38 AM