Two front or back?

Old July 20th 05, 07:04 AM
Slugger

In article , Buck
wrote:

On 07/18/2005 20:22:48 Loft wrote:

I'm just learning about recumbent trikes. I know I shall have eventually
to try to arrange to try a few out but want to learn all the theory I
possibly can first. What then are the nitty gritty differences between
the delta and tadpole arrangements?

I think you have your answer, tadpoles handle better, deltas can be more
comfortable for general riding, but there is a trade off whichever you
choose, there are very comfortable tadpoles and there are great handling
deltas.

Deltas are higher off the ground and more visible compared to tadpoles
too.
Old July 20th 05, 02:46 PM
Jeff Grippe

"Mike Rice" wrote in message

Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Aw c'mon Mikey. I just finally got the last hook out of my mouth. Now if I
can figure out a way to get the smell out of my clothing....

Old July 20th 05, 04:11 PM
James B. Andrews

I own a Penninger Voyager and so does my wife...

I broke my leg last Aug 6th when I was riding my Rans Stratus and hit
a curb. I was NOT wearing any device to attach my feet to the pedals
and when my heal hit the curb, it came off the pedal, got sucked under
and my was broken..

While recuperating I researched going to a trike. I suffer from the
effects of having Transverse Myelitis and my lower legs and feet are
partially paralyzed. I rode the EZ 3 and a Penninger Traveler and
ordered a Penninger Voyager and,,,,,, I LOVE IT!!!! I chose the
Penninger because it is built MUCH better than the EZ 3.. The
Penninger is built like a watch and built like a tank... I can't walk
very well or for very long and my Penninger lets me go almost
everywhere...

I brought it home and my wife rode it for about 200 feet, turned
around and said "I want one,,, now". 4 days later she took delivery
of her trike and loves it... We try to do at least one 15 - 20 mile
ride a week. When she works on the weekend she rides her trike to work
and takes it inside the building and parks it in back of her in her
cubicle.

The trikes have opened a whole new world of enjoyment for both of
us... For instance, near our house is a road about 5 miles long that
has a river and old trees on one side and old homes and farms on the
other and,,, because of it's location, there is almost no traffic on
it. Last Sunday we went for a ride there, riding at about 5 MPH, side
by side, looking at the leaves turning. We talked to some walkers,
picked up some leaves, looked at some swans, not geese, swans, found a
old deserted factory, watched some people fly fishing, looked at some
beautiful homes and finally talked with and petted two horses... We
rode for about 2 1/2 hours and covered about 10 miles... It was
delightful!!!! We never got off the trikes...

On one of our rides we met a man who was a machinist at a college. I
asked just what a machinist at a college does and he said he worked in
the research department making mechanical devices, usually one of, and
other dies and fixtures. He looked at my trike and then lifted the
front end and looked at the underside. After several minutes he said,
"This was made by a real craftsman,,, Looks like a lot of this was
made on CNC machines. This should last you for ever"...

One last thought,,, order it with Power Grips.. I would't ride
without them...

Any Questions - Just Ask..

Jim Andrews Columbus/Phoenix

On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:18:01 +0100, Loft wrote:

wrote...

Gentlemen - thank you so much for taking the trouble to make such
comprehensive replies. I now feel much more knowledgeable than I did. I
was already inclining towards the delta configuration, and am perhaps a
little reinforced in that attitude now. I'm 70+ and ease of getting on
and off is and will become more so a real consideration. The Kettweisel
looks a nice thing - the Lepus probably a little too hefty for my needs
although I'm 6'4" and weigh 220 lbs which is maybe another thing to be
borne carefully in mind. What a lovely thing the new titanium Kettweisel
must be!!! Impossibly expensive of course.

Old July 20th 05, 07:13 PM
Jon Meinecke

"Jeff Grippe" wrote
"Mike Rice" wrote

Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Aw c'mon Mikey. I just finally got the last hook
out of my mouth. Now if I can figure out a way
to get the smell out of my clothing....

Didn't seem to be hooked, just runnin' with the bait,
playin' out his line...

Problem is with continual chumming, the fishin' hole can
become a lot less inviting. Many anglers and fish may
chose to go elsewhere.

Jon Meinecke

Old July 21st 05, 05:40 AM
Edward Dolan

"Jon Meinecke" wrote in message
news:1121883081.957ecec5477852c55088b1131e0e8ee2@t eranews...
"Jeff Grippe" wrote
"Mike Rice" wrote

Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

Aw c'mon Mikey. I just finally got the last hook
out of my mouth. Now if I can figure out a way
to get the smell out of my clothing....

Didn't seem to be hooked, just runnin' with the bait,
playin' out his line...

Problem is with continual chumming, the fishin' hole can
become a lot less inviting. Many anglers and fish may
chose to go elsewhere.

Jon Meinecke

Ed Dolan the Great will always be here to make sure that no one too stupid
goes unchallenged. I have never understood why newsgoups should be given
over to types like Jon Meinecke, Mike Rice and Jeff Grippe when one good
troll like myself can so easily prevent it.

As near as I can figure out all of the three aforementioned characters wear
beards down to their bellies and consequently have wives that regard them as
repulsive - as well they should. If they want their wives to love them and
if they wish to be highly regarded by other members of this group, they will
need to rid themselves of those ugly beards. Or else they will end up like
Larry Varney, a sad old pathetic replica of a Santa Claus.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old July 21st 05, 10:18 AM
Jeff Grippe

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

As near as I can figure out all of the three aforementioned characters
wear beards down to their bellies and consequently have wives that regard
them as repulsive - as well they should.

It has nothing to do with the beard. I shaved it, remember. Its that damn
Yak Fat (tm) that you recommended. I tried to tell my wife it was your idea
but all she could say was "Ed who?". She doesn't read usenet. I tried to
tell her that you were a virtual god but ever since I put on the Yak Fat
(tm), she has made me sleep outside under the porch. Its a good thing its
summer. Did you know that my sanitation department will only pick up Yak Fat
(tm) twice a year. They consider it a caustic chemical.

If I'm going to start following your advice, Ed, I need you to do better
research and not just say "I heard that...."

Remember the authority that something has when it appears in one of your
posts. You can't be casual about this. You have a reputation to maintain. As
for me, I've got to figure out how to get rid of this Yak Fat (tm) that you
recommended.

Jeff

Old July 21st 05, 08:11 PM
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" jeff@door7 wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

As near as I can figure out all of the three aforementioned characters
wear beards down to their bellies and consequently have wives that regard
them as repulsive - as well they should.

It has nothing to do with the beard. I shaved it, remember.

[...]

And about time too. Now get your bearded buddies Jon Meinecke and Mike Rice
to shave their beards too. After you have succeeded with them, you can go to
work on Larry Varney, but I fear he may be a lost cause as he likes to play
a vile evil Santa Claus at Christmas time. There is nothing more repulsive
in this world than a bearded recumbent cyclist.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old July 21st 05, 08:26 PM
Jeff Grippe

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

There is nothing more repulsive in this world than a bearded recumbent
cyclist.

Well there is you for starters.

Old July 21st 05, 09:25 PM
Edward Dolan

"Jeff Grippe" wrote in message

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

There is nothing more repulsive in this world than a bearded recumbent
cyclist.

Well there is you for starters.

If you wanted to be substantial instead of stupid and add something to the
group you could have gone on about how bearded recumbent cyclists are the
salt of the earth - since you were one until recently. But you are a
juvenile and are lazy besides. You want to take shortcuts. Hurling insults
will get you nothing but the contempt of the group. Before you know it, they
will begin kill filing you.

I have said something of significance to the group. I have told them that
recumbent cyclists who wear beards are jerks. All you have done is tell the
group that you think I am a jerk. What makes you think anyone cares about
that. Not even I care about that.

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

Old July 21st 05, 11:16 PM
Jeff Grippe

"Edward Dolan" wrote in message

What makes you think anyone cares about that. Not even I care about that.

Well you seem to care enough to respond. If you don't care don't respond.

You are correct that I didn't have anything particularly profound to say at
this juncture. Not everything one says must be profound. Sometimes you just
want to call a jerk, a jerk. Nuff said!