Tandem stores in or near Eat Los Angeles County?

Old May 29th 08, 06:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ken Litwak

Default Tandem stores in or near Eat Los Angeles County?

I want to buy a tandem but I keep calling bike shops in the San
Gabriel Valley, and no one has what I want. Everyone can offer me a
beach cruiser type tandem, but I want a real tandem. Does anyone know
where I can find a good selection of tandems around here? Thanks.
Old May 29th 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Ken Litwak wrote:
I want to buy a tandem but I keep calling bike shops in the San
Gabriel Valley, and no one has what I want. Everyone can offer me a
beach cruiser type tandem, but I want a real tandem. Does anyone know
where I can find a good selection of tandems around here? Thanks.

Go to "http://sdcc3.ucsd.edu/home-pages/wade/tandem.html" and sign up
for the tandem list, then post your question there.

Just beware that that list has a lot of very sensitive, crotchety,
readers and contributors. Apparently I really offended someone on the
list when I pointed out the pros and cons of different car-top tandem
racks. Apparently the manufacturer of the poorly designed rack was a
subscriber to the list! I got an e-mail from the moderator telling me
not to criticize any equipment!
Old May 29th 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Alan Hoyle

On Thu, 29 May 2008 01:40:27, Ken Litwak wrote:
I want to buy a tandem but I keep calling bike shops in the San
Gabriel Valley, and no one has what I want. Everyone can offer me a
beach cruiser type tandem, but I want a real tandem. Does anyone know
where I can find a good selection of tandems around here? Thanks.

It's not quite in eastern LA county, but I was in Carpenteria a couple
of years ago, and Rincon Cycles seemed to specialize in tandems,
folders, and other unusual bikes. They even had a Bike Friday folding
tandem.

-alan

--
Alan Hoyle - - http://www.alanhoyle.com/