Nashbar has some security issues with their website. Beware!

Old June 23rd 09, 12:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
John Reed

Default Nashbar has some security issues with their website. Beware!

Thanks for letting me know who used my credit card without my permission. A
couple months ago MasterCard called me and said they had a suspicious charge
on my card. It was $1080 worth of airline tickets. More was attempted, but
those charges were refused. My card was cancelled and a new one was issued.
I never lost any money, in fact I never received a bill for those fraudulent
charges. I had made some purchases from Nashbar a few weeks before this.
That's the last I'll be buying from Nashbar. Too bad because they have good
equipment at decent prices.

"Fritz" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:59:11 -0400, dgk wrote:

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 06:37:36 -0700, Fritz wrote:

This sucks. I really like Nashbar and have been buying from them for
years but,
it appears that Nashbar has some security problems at their website.
I recently experieced some credit card fraud and after
a little research I found that I am not alone. The credit card was
used recently at Nashbar and no where else.
Beware when using your credit cards at NashBar and check your
statements for
unautorized charges.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...r-c190400.html
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-888-216-4952/3

Usually by the time the vulnerability has been noticed they close it
and it is safe. The same thing happened at a battery place I had used.

But there is no sign here that Nashbar knows they have a problem. Did
anyone contact them directly?

If you do a Google Search on "nashbar credit card fraud" you will
find that lots of people have complained to the company and have been
given little hope that the problem is going to be resolved.