Idiots driving around with fog lights on WHEN THERE'S NO FOG

Old December 5th 06, 10:19 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
tallbloke

Default Cycling Idiots clogging up the roads

"'Arf" wrote in
ups.com:

tallbloke wrote:
"'Arf" wrote in
news:1165350962.876836.235830@ 79g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

Bicycles are not faster than cars, they lack acceleration and their
riders have a comprehensive disregard for the rules of the road and
their fellow road users.

They're basically a selfish cack of punts.

Being a car driver, motorcyclist and cyclist I don't have a problem
sharing the highway with other road users, whereas you obviously do.

So who's being the selfish 2@ here?

When I'm on the road, I use it with consideration for its other users.

Cyclists show no such consideration: they threaten pedestrians, ignore
red lights, stop signs, give way signs (in fact they ignore all road
rules) and ride in such a way as to cause maximum amount of obstruction
to faster vehicles.

No doubt there are some inconsiderate cyclists, same as there are some
inconsiderate car driver and bikers. Seems a bit of a broad brush you are
using though.

--
tallbloke

Old December 5th 06, 10:25 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Marz

'Arf wrote:
tallbloke wrote:
"'Arf" wrote in news:1165350962.876836.235830@
79g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

Bicycles are not faster than cars, they lack acceleration and their
riders have a comprehensive disregard for the rules of the road and
their fellow road users.

They're basically a selfish cack of punts.

Being a car driver, motorcyclist and cyclist I don't have a problem sharing
the highway with other road users, whereas you obviously do.

So who's being the selfish 2@ here?

When I'm on the road, I use it with consideration for its other users.

Cyclists show no such consideration: they threaten pedestrians, ignore
red lights, stop signs, give way signs (in fact they ignore all road
rules) and ride in such a way as to cause maximum amount of obstruction
to faster vehicles.

Does 'Arf stand for half a brain? Or for 'havin' a lau'arf' 'cos you're
a little bit waay, a little oooh, geezer like the nonse you are. If we
take your dumb comment, we can make it more accurate like so...

Most drivers show no such consideration: they threaten pedestrians,
ignore
red lights, stop signs, give way signs (in fact they ignore all road
rules) and drive in such a way as to cause maximum amount of
obstruction
and injury to everyone else.

laters,

Marz

Old December 5th 06, 11:03 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Paulmouk

"'Arf" wrote in message
ups.com...

tallbloke wrote:
"'Arf" wrote in
79g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

Bicycles are not faster than cars, they lack acceleration and their
riders have a comprehensive disregard for the rules of the road and
their fellow road users.

They're basically a selfish cack of punts.

Being a car driver, motorcyclist and cyclist I don't have a problem
sharing
the highway with other road users, whereas you obviously do.

So who's being the selfish 2@ here?

When I'm on the road, I use it with consideration for its other users.

Cyclists show no such consideration: they threaten pedestrians, ignore
red lights, stop signs, give way signs (in fact they ignore all road
rules) and ride in such a way as to cause maximum amount of obstruction
to faster vehicles.

As most adult cyclists are car drivers/owners, you could try thinking of
them as 'motorists on bikes'.
Once you realise that they are motorists you can begin to understand why
some of them behave as selfishly as car drivers do.

Paul.

Old December 6th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Werehatrack

Plonk. 'nuff said.
--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.
Old December 6th 06, 09:33 AM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Dave Larrington

Default Idiots driving around with fog lights on WHEN THERE'S NO FOG

In ups.com,
'Arf tweaked the Babbage-Engine to tell us:
Aeek wrote:
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 21:42:08 +1100, "bikerbetty"
wrote:

Big help for spotting you in my bicycle's mirror when I'm screaming
down Barry Drive next to the bus lane, but then I choose to look for
bikes.

You should use the bicycle paths instead of endangering yourself and
obstructing the road with your slow-moving vehicle.

I used to dream of a recoiless rifle as an appropriate response to
being horned at pointlessly close range. Nowdays it would be an
RPG7.

Back in your box, laddie.

--
Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk

Old December 6th 06, 09:45 AM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
burt

"'Arf" wrote in message
ups.com...

Cyclists show no such consideration: they threaten pedestrians, ignore
red lights, stop signs, give way signs (in fact they ignore all road
rules) and ride in such a way as to cause maximum amount of obstruction
to faster vehicles.

Faster vehicles? That'll be the hundreds of cars I pass on my commute every
day? I did drive once, down the local motorway with no cyclists to hold me
up, but it took so much longer that I've never repeated the experience.

Just condider this 'Arf a brain: if all the cyclists decided to drive cars,
you and your car wouldn't go anywhere.

Old December 6th 06, 01:20 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Coach

"'Arf" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

Big help for spotting you in my bicycle's mirror when I'm screaming
down Barry Drive next to the bus lane, but then I choose to look for
bikes.

You should use the bicycle paths instead of endangering yourself and
obstructing the road with your slow-moving vehicle.

I used to dream of a recoiless rifle as an appropriate response to
being horned at pointlessly close range. Nowdays it would be an RPG7.

We have cycle and taxi/bus lanes in Newport.
These are for the sole use of boy racers with fogs
no police intervention at all

coach

Old December 6th 06, 01:29 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Johnny Sunset aka Tom Sherman

Coach wrote:
"'Arf" wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

Big help for spotting you in my bicycle's mirror when I'm screaming
down Barry Drive next to the bus lane, but then I choose to look for
bikes.

You should use the bicycle paths instead of endangering yourself and
obstructing the road with your slow-moving vehicle.

I used to dream of a recoiless rifle as an appropriate response to
being horned at pointlessly close range. Nowdays it would be an RPG7.

We have cycle and taxi/bus lanes in Newport.
These are for the sole use of boy racers with fogs
no police intervention at all

In urban areas of the US, we have the same situation, except substitute
arrogant yuppies in SUV's and luxury cars or (in the hood) gangbangers
in unlicensed vehicles. It is prudent to stay out of the way of the
latter, as they often (illegally) possess semi-automatic firearms.

--
Tom Sherman - Post Free or Die!

Old December 6th 06, 01:49 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Simon Brooke

in message , Dave Larrington

wrote:

Big help for spotting you in my bicycle's mirror when I'm screaming
down Barry Drive next to the bus lane, but then I choose to look for
bikes.

You should use the bicycle paths instead of endangering yourself and
obstructing the road with your slow-moving vehicle.

I used to dream of a recoiless rifle as an appropriate response to
being horned at pointlessly close range. Nowdays it would be an
RPG7.

I don't think that's trolling. Back in the day when I and friends used to
commute along the A6, we'd regularly have discussions about what sorts of
weapons we'd like to strap to our bikes to deal with dangerous motorists.
We never actually did it, of course - RPGs are hard to come by - but it
was a good way of letting off steam.

I think that's what Aeek's doing, and I sympathise.

There's nae Gods, an there's precious few heroes
but there's plenty on the dole in th Land o th Leal;
And it's time now, tae sweep the future clear o
th lies o a past that we know wis never real.
Old December 6th 06, 02:06 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Simon Brooke

in message . com, 'Arf
') wrote:

tallbloke wrote:
"'Arf" wrote in
news:1165350962.876836.235830@ 79g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

Bicycles are not faster than cars, they lack acceleration and their
riders have a comprehensive disregard for the rules of the road and
their fellow road users.

They're basically a selfish cack of punts.

Being a car driver, motorcyclist and cyclist I don't have a problem
sharing the highway with other road users, whereas you obviously do.

So who's being the selfish 2@ here?

When I'm on the road, I use it with consideration for its other users.

Cyclists show no such consideration:

There are bad cyclists, granted. But there are not nearly as many bad
cyclists as bad drivers; and most cyclists are not bad cyclists. I wish
the same were true of drivers.

;; MS Windows: A thirty-two bit extension ... to a sixteen bit
;; patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a
;; four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that
;; can't stand one bit of competition -- anonymous