Nashbar has some security issues with their website. Beware!

Old June 19th 09, 02:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Fritz

Default Nashbar has some security issues with their website. Beware!

This sucks. I really like Nashbar and have been buying from them for
years but,
it appears that Nashbar has some security problems at their website.
I recently experieced some credit card fraud and after
a little research I found that I am not alone. The credit card was
used recently at Nashbar and no where else.
Beware when using your credit cards at NashBar and check your
statements for
unautorized charges.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...r-c190400.html
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-888-216-4952/3
Old June 19th 09, 02:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
raamman

On Jun 19, 9:37*am, Fritz wrote:
This sucks. *I really like Nashbar and have been buying from them for
years but,
it appears that Nashbar has some security problems at their website.
I recently experieced some credit card fraud and after
a little research I found that I am not alone. The credit card was
used recently at Nashbar and no where else.
Beware when using your credit cards at NashBar and check your
statements for
unautorized charges.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...888-216-4952/3

thanx for the heads up: I used to buy a lot online from them.
Old June 19th 09, 04:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Fritz wrote:
This sucks. I really like Nashbar and have been buying from them for
years but,
it appears that Nashbar has some security problems at their website.
I recently experieced some credit card fraud and after
a little research I found that I am not alone. The credit card was
used recently at Nashbar and no where else.
Beware when using your credit cards at NashBar and check your
statements for
unautorized charges.

Months ago one of my credit cards was hacked at I-Tunes. CC co. caught it
and called me; glad they were on the ball like that. (Charges were
relatively small, so something else must have alerted them.)

Always check statements carefully.

BS (not)

Old June 19th 09, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Art Harris

Bill Sornson wrote:

Months ago one of my credit cards was hacked at I-Tunes. *CC co. caught it
and called me; glad they were on the ball like that. *(Charges were
relatively small, so something else must have alerted them.)

Hmm. I experienced the exact same thing. CC co. closed out the account
and sent me a new card.

Art Harris
Old June 19th 09, 04:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Sornson[_5_]

Art Harris wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:

Months ago one of my credit cards was hacked at I-Tunes. CC co.
caught it and called me; glad they were on the ball like that.
(Charges were relatively small, so something else must have alerted
them.)

Hmm. I experienced the exact same thing. CC co. closed out the account
and sent me a new card.

Yup, same here. PITA with a few "auto pay" arrangements, but in the end no
harm.

Bill "crooks suck" S.

Old June 19th 09, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Claus Assmann

Fritz wrote:

it appears that Nashbar has some security problems at their website.

Not just Nashbar. I use "tagged" e-mail addresses, and the address
I gave to Performance Bikes has been used in scams that I received
(e.g., faked mail from the FBI about my ATM card).

Old June 20th 09, 06:33 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
sally

Claus Assmann
wrote in :
Not just Nashbar. I use "tagged" e-mail addresses, and the address
I gave to Performance Bikes has been used in scams that I received
(e.g., faked mail from the FBI about my ATM card).

Nashbar and Performance are the same company.

Old June 21st 09, 04:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Claus Assmann

sally wrote:
Claus Assmann wrote in :
Not just Nashbar. I use "tagged" e-mail addresses, and the address
I gave to Performance Bikes has been used in scams that I received

Nashbar and Performance are the same company.

However, the address I gave to Nashbar has not (yet?) been abused.
Moreover, Nashbar accepted a form of tagging that Performance does
not accept (+detail; many websites are broken and do not accept "+"
in e-mail addresses even though it is perfectly valid); hmm, maybe
that's why only the Performance address was abused.

Old June 22nd 09, 01:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
dgk

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 06:37:36 -0700, Fritz wrote:

This sucks. I really like Nashbar and have been buying from them for
years but,
it appears that Nashbar has some security problems at their website.
I recently experieced some credit card fraud and after
a little research I found that I am not alone. The credit card was
used recently at Nashbar and no where else.
Beware when using your credit cards at NashBar and check your
statements for
unautorized charges.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...r-c190400.html
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-888-216-4952/3

Usually by the time the vulnerability has been noticed they close it
and it is safe. The same thing happened at a battery place I had used.

But there is no sign here that Nashbar knows they have a problem. Did
anyone contact them directly?
Old June 22nd 09, 03:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Fritz

On Mon, 22 Jun 2009 08:59:11 -0400, dgk wrote:

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 06:37:36 -0700, Fritz wrote:

This sucks. I really like Nashbar and have been buying from them for
years but,
it appears that Nashbar has some security problems at their website.
I recently experieced some credit card fraud and after
a little research I found that I am not alone. The credit card was
used recently at Nashbar and no where else.
Beware when using your credit cards at NashBar and check your
statements for
unautorized charges.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...r-c190400.html
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-888-216-4952/3

Usually by the time the vulnerability has been noticed they close it
and it is safe. The same thing happened at a battery place I had used.

But there is no sign here that Nashbar knows they have a problem. Did
anyone contact them directly?

If you do a Google Search on "nashbar credit card fraud" you will
find that lots of people have complained to the company and have been
given little hope that the problem is going to be resolved.