Trek 330 Seatpost Size?

Old August 19th 05, 05:51 PM
Bill

Default Trek 330 Seatpost Size?

Anyone know the seatpost size for an '88 Trek 330 ?
I thought it was 27.2 but it doesn't seem to fit.

Thanks

Old August 19th 05, 09:52 PM
Andrew F Martin

Try calipers.

Old August 19th 05, 09:55 PM

Bill wrote:
Anyone know the seatpost size for an '88 Trek 330 ?
I thought it was 27.2 but it doesn't seem to fit.

It isn't listed in the seatpost database
http://sheldonbrown.com/seatpost-sizes-m-z.html#t, so you really have
only one good option: measure it. Either measure the existing
seatpost that fits it with a pair of calipers, or measure the inside of
the seat tube with a pair of calipers. Another option is to see if the
the existing seatpost has it's size marked on it - sometimes they do,
sometimes they don't. If you don't have an accurate set of calipers,
find someone who does. Any decent LBS should.

Later,
Mark Muller

Old August 21st 05, 12:07 AM
Michael Press

In article
.com,
" wrote:

Bill wrote:
Anyone know the seatpost size for an '88 Trek 330 ?
I thought it was 27.2 but it doesn't seem to fit.

It isn't listed in the seatpost database
http://sheldonbrown.com/seatpost-sizes-m-z.html#t, so you really have
only one good option: measure it. Either measure the existing
seatpost that fits it with a pair of calipers, or measure the inside of
the seat tube with a pair of calipers. Another option is to see if the
the existing seatpost has it's size marked on it - sometimes they do,
sometimes they don't. If you don't have an accurate set of calipers,
find someone who does. Any decent LBS should.

Also verify that the seat post is not crimped at the top.
What is the material of the top tube?

--
Michael Press

Trek 330 Seatpost Size Bill Techniques 0 August 19th 05 05:49 PM
Trek OCLV seatpost clamp Bob Techniques 1 November 15th 04 03:58 AM
FS: Trek 27.2mm Seatpost Doug Marketplace 0 September 9th 04 02:51 AM
FS: Trek 27.2mm Seatpost Doug Marketplace 0 August 30th 04 10:48 PM
2004 - Trek 1400? Trek 1200? comments? yuri budilov Techniques 1 April 4th 04 10:53 PM