Growth of voting

Old January 29th 21, 02:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default OT little tommy; the name dropper Growth of voting

On 1/28/2021 7:43 PM, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 17:23:38 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021 06:11:58 +0700, John B.
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 14:54:19 -0800, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 11:53:17 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:
This is the world you seem to find very appealing.

It's the only world we've got. If you fail to appreciate this world,
I can introduce you to an inventor who wants to resurrect the WWII
Hochdruckpumpe for launching orbital payloads. I believe you will
make a perfect candidate for the first astronut:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-3_cannon

Didn't a Canadian Chap,Gerald Bull, develop a giant cannon for
launching super sonic projectiles as a cheap way of researching
supersonic flight?

Yep:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Babylon
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Bull
Gerald Bull was assassinated for his efforts on behalf of Saddam
Hussein. Building a satellite launching system is politically
tolerate. Building a weapons system is not a good idea. Getting
everyone, including Saddam, seriously angry was a truly amazing
accomplishment.

The bore of his large cannon was 1 meter (3.3ft) and would probably
fit Tom, sans bicycle, rather nicely.

It might be noted that after having "leaked" a total lie to the
newspapers, which was printed as fact, he was "admonished" and
apparently as a result resigned his position. He was described as "...
his tempestuous nature and strong dislike for administration and red
tape constantly led him into trouble with senior management."

A more fitting praise few obituaries include.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old January 29th 21, 05:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 4:11:39 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/28/2021 5:54 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jan 2021 11:53:17 -0800 (PST), Tom Kunich
wrote:

On the news this morning we were told that you and the entire town
was washed away or drowned in mudslides with boulders the side of
a car washing down the street.

No link to the source? I would call that plagiarism.

What actually happened was a piece of Boulder Creek Drive got washed
away:
https://www.facebook.com/BoulderCreekFireDepartment/videos/1088883534571509
The word "Drive" seems to have disappeared and morphed into the town
of Boulder Creek washing away. Congratulations for having expanded
that to the "entire town".

On one of our long tours, we used the Allegheny Highlands Trail to get
into Pittsburgh. At one spot it had been washed out about like that
roadway, with half the trail vanished below. Of course, the trail was
closed with barriers. We went around the barriers and got past the
washout just fine.

Gavin Loathsome has not assigned any money to maintain the roads let alone repair them. Consequently, Highway 1, the Coast Highway is now washed out in several spots. I have been reporting areas where there are obvious and dangerous cracks in the road simply waiting for a heavy rain to cause a major collapse in the road. It has very seldom had any effect. Over by the coast highway in particular.
Old January 29th 21, 05:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

wrote:

On the news this morning we were told that you and the entire town
was washed away or drowned in mudslides with boulders the side of
a car washing down the street.

No link to the source? I would call that plagiarism.

What actually happened was a piece of Boulder Creek Drive got washed
away:
https://www.facebook.com/BoulderCreekFireDepartment/videos/1088883534571509
The word "Drive" seems to have disappeared and morphed into the town
of Boulder Creek washing away. Congratulations for having expanded
that to the "entire town".

Webcam and graphs of the San Lorenzo River at the entrance to Henry
Cowell State Park:
https://ca.water.usgs.gov/webcams/bigtrees/
16ft gauge height is considered flooding. At 9.0ft, we have a long
way to go. Far more data than you probably want:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/slv-wx-fire/SLV%20Weather%20Links.htm
(Yes, I know it needs work).

My apologies for ignoring your recent rants in R.B.T. I took the
opportunity presented by the ongoing "atmospheric river" and the
evacuation of some distracting customers to work on my collection of
chain saws, generators, leaf blowers, and string trimmers. I'm about
halfway done and should be back shortly to provide you with something
to complain about. Also, after a judiciously applied regimen of 2
gallons of wet patch, for the first time in 45 years, my roof doesn't
leak. I believe that the resident ghosts have finally been appeased.

This is the world you seem to find very appealing.

It's the only world we've got. If you fail to appreciate this world,
I can introduce you to an inventor who wants to resurrect the WWII
Hochdruckpumpe for launching orbital payloads. I believe you will
make a perfect candidate for the first astronut:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-3_cannon

Didn't a Canadian Chap,Gerald Bull, develop a giant cannon for
launching super sonic projectiles as a cheap way of researching
supersonic flight?

I don't know about that, but I'm sure a gun capable of reaching orbit
(or the moon, a la Jules Verne) would impose enormous accelerations on
the payload. I imagine any astronaut would be turned to soup.

Come on Frank, you know the difference between speed and acceleration. Most heavy cruisers are now outfitted with ultra long range guns that could fire a cannon for 1,000 miles. The arch on this sort of cannot puts it into space. The Army has similar artillery. We have rail guns that spread the acceleration over a much longer period etc. Theoretically we could use a long railgun to launch space ships all of the way to the Moon without accelerations too high for the human body to sustain. Not that I'm volunteering mind you.
Old January 29th 21, 05:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Growth of voting

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 6:06:51 PM UTC-8, AMuzi wrote:
On 1/28/2021 6:28 PM, Roger Merriman wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
On 1/26/2021 3:36 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 1:29:08 PM UTC-8, jbeattie wrote:
On Tuesday, January 26, 2021 at 1:17:37 PM UTC-8, Roger Merriman wrote:
Tom Kunich wrote:
On Friday, January 22, 2021 at 3:22:36 PM UTC-8, Roger Merriman wrote:
Lou Holtman wrote:
Op vrijdag 22 januari 2021 om 19:17:29 UTC+1 schreef :
Trump's victory over Hillary showed an increase in voters about equal to
the population of voter growth. The increase in the number of voters
during the Biden-Trump election was 17% vs a population growth of versus
a voting population growth of less than 1% This has never before
happened in the history of this country and while you could expect a
better turnout for elections due to 24 hour a day Lame Stream Media
attacks, they did the same thing in 2016 for Hillary with virtually no
change in the voting population growth vs the actual election turnout.

This is pretty much a guarantee of large scale voting fraud. The
Democrat Party is not very bright and they would be completely incapable
of this sort of fraud since this is military grade. I would say that
this pretty much points to China since they are the one's to gain the
most from the almost instant gain they received from Biden's very first actions.

Argggg... please Tom you wearing us out with your election fraud crap.
Get over it and move on. You must have better/more constructive things to do.

Lou

What about bikes? Anyone bought new ones or new or old tech?

I’m personally waiting for my Gravel bike to come back from the shop as
it’s having a new group set fitted nothing that posh, but moving to
Hydraulic over cable disks.

As I was killing the brakes, and they where still a touch underwhelming
once off road.

I'm on the verge of buying another steel bike and putting the money I
earn off of selling my two Trek superbikes into a fund to install a new
concrete driveway, I really am getting tired of riding down very rapid
descents and worrying about if I'm going to get a major failure, Someone
that is 15 kg lighter than me wouldn't have to worry about anything

Do you mean brake failure or simply underpowered? I’ve had both, my CX
canti where terrifying weak, and had a hire MTB with cable disks fail, so I
had to park it into a bush!
He's talking about frame failure -- or fork failure. He's somehow
broken a bunch of CF forks and seriously injured his brain.

-- Jay Beattie.
Jay, we don't need any jokes about it, this could happen to you and what
would you think of me treating that as if it were no big deal? The
hippocampus was damaged which makes it difficult for me to control
emotions. What do you suppose that would do to you in a courtroom situation?

More common than one would think.

My very sharp very skilled attorney (US National Cycling
Team) suffered a 'minor' brain injury and took early
retirement as he just couldn't do the work any longer.

Brain injury is apparently one of the leading forms of acquired
disabilities, In my experience it’s very underreported.

Roger Merriman

That gentleman, and two others of my acquaintance, were
disabled by anaesthesia-induced strokes during elective
surgery. No idea how common that is but scary to consider.

Interestingly enough although very poorly reported at least two people dropped dead within one day of receiving the covid-19 vaccine which has no side effects.
Old January 29th 21, 06:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

wrote:

[...]

Naval guns top out at under twenty miles range. (16 IIRC)

For propelled munitions (rocket, missile) you're outside of
'artillery'. Railguns are sui generis.

Old January 29th 21, 06:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Lou Holtman wrote:
[...]

People drop dead after getting placebos. People just drop dead. And the vaccine has known side-effects that are well documented. NOBODY said the vaccine does not have side effects. Every medication has side-effects. Aspirin can kill you. Water can kill you. Basically, anything can kill you.

Yes, anesthesia can kill you, but intraoperative strokes are very rare and AFAIK not related to anesthetic. Having your neck flexed can cause an ischemic stroke. It's called a beauty parlor stroke, and I've defended those cases -- one involving a neck surgery. Anesthesia can cause dementia, sometimes long term.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old January 29th 21, 07:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Lou Holtman wrote:
[...]

Right, even measles vaccine kills something like a child or
two per million which is not news.

Old January 29th 21, 07:08 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Bertrand[_3_]

Interestingly enough although very poorly reported at least two people dropped dead within one day of receiving the covid-19 vaccine which has no side effects.

People drop dead after getting placebos. People just drop dead. And the vaccine has known side-effects that are well documented. NOBODY said the vaccine does not have side effects. Every medication has side-effects. Aspirin can kill you. Water can kill you.

Yes, the Wonderful and Total Extinguishing Resource:

https://www.doesgodexist.org/JanFeb0...ThePlanet.html
Old January 29th 21, 07:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 1/29/2021 12:45 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 4:16:04 PM UTC-8, Frank Krygowski wrote:

I'm sure a gun capable of reaching orbit
(or the moon, a la Jules Verne) would impose enormous accelerations on
the payload. I imagine any astronaut would be turned to soup.

Come on Frank, you know the difference between speed and acceleration. Most heavy cruisers are now outfitted with ultra long range guns that could fire a cannon for 1,000 miles. The arch on this sort of cannot puts it into space. The Army has similar artillery. We have rail guns that spread the acceleration over a much longer period etc. Theoretically we could use a long railgun to launch space ships all of the way to the Moon without accelerations too high for the human body to sustain.

SMH

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old January 29th 21, 08:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ralph Barone[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Let’s throw some math at this. Escape velocity is a little over 11,000 m/s.
Assuming 5g acceleration, and a 20% margin (probably not enough) to account
for frictional slowdown after you leave the cannon, we would need to be
accelerating for t = v/a = 11000*1.2 / 5*9.8 = 270 seconds, which gives us
a barrel length of d = 0.5*a*t^2 = 0.5*5*9.8*270^2 = 1786 km. That brings
a whole new meaning to the phrase “long gun”

If we try again at 10 g acceleration, we cut the time in half and the
barrel length by a factor of four to 135 seconds and 446 km respectively.

Being shot out of a cannon into space appears to be reserved for objects
that aren’t quite as squishy as humans.

The numbers seem higher than even I expected, so please point out the error
if you can find one.