Loretta, Shane, Graeme, Stu & Flying Ryan

Old August 26th 04, 01:24 AM
cfsmtb

Default Loretta, Shane, Graeme, Stu & Flying Ryan

'tis good!

Two more golds complete Australian domination - Track Day 6 Round Up
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ug04/aug26news
The track portion of the Olympic cycling program concluded last night
with the men's keirin and Madison, and the women's points race.
Australia confirmed its status as the dominant nation in track cycling
by adding two golds and a bronze to its tally of nine track medals
(including five gold) in the keirin and Madison, while Russia added the
women's points gold to the men's points title it won yesterday.

It's for you, brother
http://tinyurl.com/5tmze
Gutsy Loretta Harrop dedicated her triathlon silver medal to her
brother Luke, who was killed in a car accident more than two years ago.
Harrop went agonisingly close to winning Australia's first Olympic
triathlon gold -- but the winner was as Aussie as they come.
Geelong-born Kate Allen, who has switched allegiance to Austria, ran
down Harrop in the last vital metres.

Olympics: Aussies dominate Olympic cycling with six golds
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...103143/1/.html
Australia confirmed their status as the new force of world cycling
after dominating the Athens Olympics with six gold medals, two of them
on a memorable closing day's competition at the Velodrome. Ryan Bayley
clinched the sprint-keirin track double and Stuart O'Grady and Graeme
Brown teamed for a dynamic victory in the 50km madison to round off
Australia's greatest cycling performance at an Olympics.

Two more gold in cycling blitz
http://tinyurl.com/5xgmd
Speed king Ryan Bayley and Graeme Brown claimed an Olympic double each
tonight as Australia completed its dominance of cycling at the Games
with six gold medals.

Bayley won the keirin in an electric show of speed to go with
yesterday's sprint gold only minutes after 4000m team pursuit champion
Brown teamed with Stuart O'Grady to win the madison race.

--
cfsmtb

Old August 26th 04, 01:46 AM
warrwych

cfsmtb Wrote:
'tis good!

It's for you, brother
http://tinyurl.com/5tmze
Gutsy Loretta Harrop dedicated her triathlon silver medal to he
brother Luke, who was killed in a car accident more than two years ago
Harrop went agonisingly close to winning Australia's first Olympi
triathlon gold -- but the winner was as Aussie as they come
Geelong-born Kate Allen, who has switched allegiance to Austria, ra
down Harrop in the last vital metres.

.

dontchya just love the way the media is claiming Kate Allen a
Australian ( place of birth, date of birth etc). Austrian is a spellin
mistake of course! And naturally, if you're Australian (ie a *true
Australian who never gives up ) then it's genetic to win Olympi
gold, particularly if you have two wheels underneath you!

Seriously, I watched the end of the triathlon and my heart went out t
Loretta. Allen ran an excellent race - very strategic and finishe
strongly. Harrop bust a gut and raced her heart out. Both women deserv
accolades, even with spelling mistakes in their nationality :

--
warrwych

Old August 26th 04, 02:20 AM
aeek

When I saw the Women's Point Race my first though was where's the res
of the field?
Surely that made it much harder to get a lap as against the Men's.

As far as Allen, my understanding is she fulfilled the Aussie dream o
marrying into a Pub, then became a serious athelete. Not the sportin
mercenary that some are claiming

--
aeek

Old August 26th 04, 03:39 AM
ZBOXMAN94506

Loretta, Shane, Graeme, Stu & Flying Ryan

ZBOXMAN94506

this was posted by AUSSIE AO TROLL
Old August 26th 04, 05:26 PM
DRS

"warrwych" wrote in
message

[...]

dontchya just love the way the media is claiming Kate Allen as
Australian ( place of birth, date of birth etc).

It's pathetic. We claim every foreigner who spends five minutes growing up
here as our own and we won't let anyone go either. She married an Austrian,
she left Australia eight years ago, get over it.

--

A: Top-posters.

Old August 27th 04, 07:30 AM
Schultz_AU

DRS Wrote:
"warrwych" wrote i
message

[...

dontchya just love the way the media is claiming Kate Allen a
Australian ( place of birth, date of birth etc)

It's pathetic. We claim every foreigner who spends five minute
growing u
here as our own and we won't let anyone go either. She married a
Austrian
she left Australia eight years ago, get over it

-

A: Top-posters

Well she did only leave Australia 8 years ago. Most of her life wa
spent here. However she changed her allegience to Austria, so she'
Austrian. We don't call Irena Lashkow or Lauren Mark Russian o
American. I think we have our fair share of foreigners turned Aussies

--
Schultz_AU

Old August 27th 04, 02:48 PM
fred nieman

cfsmtb wrote:
[...]

Can someone please, think of the children, and pronuonce [sic] "keirin"
coorectlu [sic] as "kay - rin"?
Admittedly, Kirin ("key-rin") beers (aka biiru) are [nihongo de] sugoku
umai ando teisutorii juroppsu [tasty drops, but ... umm, I'll just get
back in my box]

Anyway...
We ROOOOOOOL! (in track cycling, at least...)
xxx
fred