Call to make roads safer in SW town.

Old July 7th 11, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Call to make roads safer in SW town.

"Concerns about speeding traffic and the difficulties of crossing busy
roads were identified as a key concern by people responding to the
Vision4Frome consultation. "This is not about stopping people from
driving, but it is about getting people to drive more slowly in areas
where people live,"

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Camp...ail/story.html

--
Simon Mason
Old July 7th 11, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Thu, 7 Jul 2011 05:16:49 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

"Concerns about speeding traffic and the difficulties of crossing busy
roads were identified as a key concern by people responding to the
Vision4Frome consultation. "This is not about stopping people from
driving, but it is about getting people to drive more slowly in areas
where people live,"

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Camp...ail/story.html

But of course selfish cyclists will not have to obey the 20mph limit and will
be able to speed as fast as they can to the possible detriment of vulnerable
road users.

--
Simple Simon Mason - who cycles at 25mph in 20mph limits just because the limits do not apply to cyclists.
This includes exceeding the speed limit past three schools. A total disregard for the well-being of vulnerable road users.

Old July 7th 11, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 07/07/2011 13:16, Simon Mason wrote:
"Concerns about speeding traffic and the difficulties of crossing busy
roads were identified as a key concern by people responding to the
Vision4Frome consultation. "This is not about stopping people from
driving, but it is about getting people to drive more slowly in areas
where people live,"

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Camp...ail/story.html

Presumably if a 20mph limit was in force in Frome, you would ignore it
because it 'didn't apply to you'?

University
Old July 7th 11, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 07/07/2011 13:16, Simon Mason wrote:
"Concerns about speeding traffic and the difficulties of crossing busy
roads were identified as a key concern by people responding to the
Vision4Frome consultation. "This is not about stopping people from
driving, but it is about getting people to drive more slowly in areas
where people live,"

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Camp...ail/story.html

"More slowly" than...?
Old July 7th 11, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Jul 7, 6:01*pm, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Camp...wn-20mph-zone/...

Presumably if a 20mph limit was in force in Frome, you would ignore it
because it 'didn't apply to you'?

I've told you before, I don't worry about laws that do not apply to
me.

When I am driving, I obey the speed limits, make sure my tyres have
enough tread, make sure I have insurance, a VED disc and a current
MOT, my number plate has legal fonts, spacing and is legible, my
mirrors and windows are clean, I don't have my fog lights on (someone
local is in the paper being fined 200 quid for that today), I am not
over the DD limit and so on.

However, none of those laws applies to me when I ride my bike, so I do
not give them a second thought.

Got it yet?

--
Simon Mason

Old July 7th 11, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Camp...wn-20mph-zone/...

Presumably if a 20mph limit was in force in Frome, you would ignore it
because it 'didn't apply to you'?

I've told you before, I don't worry about laws that do not apply to
me.

When I am driving, I obey the speed limits, make sure my tyres have
enough tread, make sure I have insurance, a VED disc and a current
MOT, my number plate has legal fonts, spacing and is legible, my
mirrors and windows are clean, I don't have my fog lights on (someone
local is in the paper being fined 200 quid for that today), I am not
over the DD limit and so on.

However, none of those laws applies to me when I ride my bike, so I do
not give them a second thought.

Got it yet?

Yep - you are obviously a selfish *******.
Simple really

Old July 8th 11, 12:52 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 07/07/2011 18:19, Simon Mason wrote:
On Jul 7, 6:01 pm, Dave - Cyclists
wrote:

http://www.thisissomerset.co.uk/Camp...wn-20mph-zone/...

Presumably if a 20mph limit was in force in Frome, you would ignore it
because it 'didn't apply to you'?

I've told you before, I don't worry about laws that do not apply to
me.

When I am driving, I obey the speed limits, make sure my tyres have
enough tread, make sure I have insurance, a VED disc and a current
MOT, my number plate has legal fonts, spacing and is legible, my
mirrors and windows are clean, I don't have my fog lights on (someone
local is in the paper being fined 200 quid for that today), I am not
over the DD limit and so on.

However, none of those laws applies to me when I ride my bike, so I do
not give them a second thought.

Got it yet?

Absolutely. The local authority set a safe speed limit for 4 wheeled
cars with ABS, wide tyres, servo assisted hydraulic disc brakes,
traction control etc, which because of the engine make a noise
pedestrians can hear - and you choose to ignore that on your two
wheeled, unstable, silent, Victorian diversion which relies on two
rubber blocks & a Bowden cable to stop.

Very responsible.

University
Old July 8th 11, 10:06 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Jul 8, 12:52*am, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:
*The local authority set a safe speed limit for 4 wheeled
cars with ABS, wide tyres, servo assisted hydraulic disc brakes,
traction control

Like these cars you mean?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-s...wales-14012107

--
Simon Mason
Old July 8th 11, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

wrote:
Victorian diversion which relies on two
rubber blocks & a Bowden cable to stop.

My bike has *four* rubber blocks and *two* cables to stop it.
And it can stop in a shorter distance than a 1.5 tonne car.
--
Simon Mason