Goodbye

Old May 2nd 07, 08:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Zoot Katz

Default Goodbye

On Wed, 02 May 2007 00:35:39 GMT, Bill wrote:

Zoot Katz wrote:
On Wed, 02 May 2007 00:05:18 GMT, Bill wrote:

My family tree has a lot of branches.
Bill Baka

And seems to have borne at least a few nuts.

Zoot,
I am NOT related to you.
Bill

Don't worry Bill. Even if you were, I'd deny it.
--
zk
Old May 2nd 07, 08:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Zoot Katz wrote:
On Wed, 02 May 2007 00:05:18 GMT, Bill wrote:

My family tree has a lot of branches.
Bill Baka

And seems to have borne at least a few nuts.

Zoot,
I am NOT related to you.
Bill

Don't worry Bill. Even if you were, I'd deny it.

Escape outa here, Zoot, please! This "Goodbye" thread
is *cursed*, and no good would come to anyone from any
participation in it.

This whole thread is just a downward spiral -- a malevolent
maelstrom of ill will, bad mojo, negativity and
self-destruction.

What we do to others, we ultimately do to ourselves,
as you no doubt well know. But this particular thread
seems to be particularly rotten, and tearing the r.b.m
community horribly asunder in a particularly tragic way.

Yer mixte XtraCyle is lookin' Hot-2-Trot!

cheers,
Tom
--
Good day, Sunshine!
Above address is just a spam midden.
Old May 2nd 07, 11:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Tue, 1 May 2007 19:41:16 -0500, "DI" wrote:

talk radio and media like Fox

Are you saying talk radio is a key source of news for you? You think
that is news? No, that's generally opinion/commentary. News requires
investigation of facts, or trying to find facts.

At least with 2 opposite biased opinions you can decide who you
want to believe.

I at least try to get news that is based on reporting, not opinion.
And to decide what is more true, not what matches what I want to hear.
--
JT
****************************
Old May 2nd 07, 11:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Tue, 1 May 2007 19:41:16 -0500, "DI" wrote:

[About mainstream media in the US]
Also they are closely linked to Hollywood and TV

Finally DI says something vaguely true. Those links can definitely
suggest that the mainstream media has liberal bias on social issues
(sexuality, pop culture, etc). But your comments about MSM being
liberal in political/economic terms are still way off.
--
JT
****************************
Old May 2nd 07, 11:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Tue, 01 May 2007 19:18:56 -0700, Bill wrote:

Accept this then. In the 50's I, as a youth, was unaware of the problem.

I accept that.

Now, in the 00's, as in informed person, you should be aware there was
a big problem back then. That's all I'm saying.

--
JT
****************************
Old May 2nd 07, 11:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Wed, 02 May 2007 02:43:47 GMT, Bill wrote:

still me wrote:
On Tue, 01 May 2007 19:18:56 -0700, Bill wrote:

The major drawback was that everyone wanted to
keep their own language alive and their were Jewish delis that you had
to be able to speak some Jewish just to order.

POint of order "Jewish" isn't a language :-)

What, then? Yiddish?
I don't know all of em.

Just call it "foreigner" and you'll be fine. "My dad had to try to
speak foreigner to be understood by them. Learn ENGLISH!"
--
JT
****************************
Old May 2nd 07, 12:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Sandy

Dans le message de ,
John Forrest Tomlinson a réfléchi, et puis a
déclaré :

That's all I'm saying.

Promise???

Old May 2nd 07, 03:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

On May 2, 2:37 am, Ted Bennett wrote:
Ted Bennett wrote:

[Bill Baka:]
I hate illegal human trash that refuses to learn our language or customs.
Why the hell do we celebrate Cinco De Mayo but Mexico ignores the 4th of
July?
Do you have the smarts to figure out this is wrong?
Try to immigrate to Mexico and demand welfare and literature printed in
English and you will find yourself in a Mexican prison in a hurry.
If you can't figure out the injustice there then don't bother to reply.

I don't see the injustice, but I'll reply anyway. Mexico can celebrate
any holidays it wants, just like the US can. It can print its
literature in Spanish only if it wants to. And the US can control its
borders if it really wants to. But it doesn't want to, obviously.
There are about 12 million people in the US who came here illegally.

Well, I think things are more complicated.

First, what Bill says about Mexico is right, from what I read. In
fact, it's been pointed out that Mexico's immigration and illegal
alien laws are far harsher than those of the US. It would seem that
if we matched theirs, law by law, that nobody in Mexico could
complain. But they'd never buy that.

Second, it's wrong to say the US doesn't want to control its borders.
Certainly _many_ Americans - perhaps most Americans - want to control
the borders. But, as is usual with our messy democracy, there are
those who disagree. Some who disagree are hoping their brother Juan
(or, to be fair, Seamus) can someday sneak in. Others are folks who
want cheap, non-protesting labor for their companies so they can speed
up their yacht purchase.

Why are they not being deported? Because we don't want to pay more for
food, for construction or you name it.

Well, that's part of it. But just being able to find them is a
problem! And, of course, if we do deport them, we get protesters in
the streets objecting to our enforcement of the law.

It's a weird and complicated world.

- Frank Krygowski

Old May 2nd 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill

Ted Bennett wrote:
Ted Bennett wrote:
It was a great country when I was a kid in the 50's. Cold war?
Big deal. I think we peaked socially back then and peaked
technologically in 1969 when we actually did put men on the moon.
Now Bush has a 'vision' to put men on the moon by 2020?
If I did join MENSA I sure wouldn't have to worry about meeting that moron.
I hate having to attend meetings.
So sorry.
Bill Baka
Heh. Peaked socially in the 50's? Blacks, gays, Japanese might disagree
with that assessment.

Your fear of "Mexicans" taking over the US of A fits right in with that.

I hate illegal human trash that refuses to learn our language or customs.
Why the hell do we celebrate Cinco De Mayo but Mexico ignores the 4th of
July?
Do you have the smarts to figure out this is wrong?
Try to immigrate to Mexico and demand welfare and literature printed in
English and you will find yourself in a Mexican prison in a hurry.
If you can't figure out the injustice there then don't bother to reply.
Bill Baka

I don't see the injustice, but I'll reply anyway. Mexico can celebrate
any holidays it wants, just like the US can.

Go to Mexico and start making a big deal about the fourth of July and
see if you wind up in their prison system. They do not tolerate us
unless we are spending lots of money down there.

It can print its
literature in Spanish only if it wants to.

Now go down there and demonstrate and demand it in English.

No ****, Sherlock. Try illegally immigrating to Canada.

Why are they not being deported? Because we don't want to pay more for
food, for construction or you name it.

Because we don't want our kids to have jobs.
Hershey just announced plans to close their American plants and move all
production to Mexico. That will put well over 1,000 Americans out of
work and I won't knowingly eat anything from Mexico.
The job you lose may be your own.
No more Hersheys for me.
Bill (Still American first) Baka

Goodbye LMO Recumbent Biking 7 January 17th 07 10:49 AM
Goodbye TdF on OLN wimpyVO2 Racing 32 July 14th 06 03:37 AM
RR. Goodbye old friend freightgod Mountain Biking 3 October 24th 05 01:45 AM
goodbye small change Mountain Biking 8 May 25th 05 05:45 PM
Goodbye thinuniking Unicycling 2 March 3rd 04 07:42 PM