Danish police

Old April 29th 09, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
lardyninja

Default Danish police

Police in Denmark hug bicyclists without helmets, then give them helmets

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/04/28...enmark-hu.html

LN

--

Never knowingly understood

Old April 29th 09, 10:16 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Hansen

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 09:15:30 +0100 someone who may be lardyninja
wrote this:-

Police in Denmark hug bicyclists without helmets, then give them helmets

They stop them too it says. I wonder on what grounds they do that?

I wonder what they do when people decline their offer of a silly bit
of plastic?

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh
Old April 29th 09, 10:47 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
chris French

In message , David Hansen
writes
wrote this:-

Police in Denmark hug bicyclists without helmets, then give them helmets

I wonder what they do when people decline their offer of a silly bit
of plastic?

They give them a big snog and refuse to stop unless they take the helmet
?
--
Chris French

Old April 29th 09, 11:39 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Colin Reed[_3_]

"chris French" wrote in message
In message , David Hansen
writes
wrote this:-

Police in Denmark hug bicyclists without helmets, then give them helmets

I wonder what they do when people decline their offer of a silly bit
of plastic?

They give them a big snog and refuse to stop unless they take the helmet ?
--
Chris French

"take the helmet"? What's that a euphemism for?

Colin

Old April 29th 09, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
SAW[_2_]

or why they are only stopping blokes?
http://www.copenhagencyclechic.com

Old April 29th 09, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup

SAW wrote:

or why they are only stopping blokes?

There would be all sorts of accusations if they started hugging girls.
Old April 29th 09, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tosspot[_2_]

lardyninja wrote:

Police in Denmark hug bicyclists without helmets, then give them helmets

http://www.boingboing.net/2009/04/28...enmark-hu.html

Wrong approach, this is the way forward

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/03/28/bikini_bandits/

Ok, so it's not helmets, but it might make me wear one for 1/2 hour
Old April 30th 09, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Toom Tabard

wrote this:-

Police in Denmark hug bicyclists without helmets, then give them helmets

They stop them too it says. I wonder on what grounds they do that?

I wonder what they do when people decline their offer of a silly bit
of plastic?

They give them a helmet, instead

Toom

Canberra: Dreams on Wheels: Danish Cycling Culture for Urban Sustainability cfsmtb[_659_] Australia 5 June 4th 08 01:44 PM
Tyler Hamilton didn't use drugs for 86 of 200 days during the 2003 season, according to Danish newspaper Politiken Joe King Racing 3 August 22nd 06 07:00 PM
SPECTRE -- Danish bike company, asking for opinion geos Techniques 20 March 5th 06 01:08 PM
Forum in Danish Lottrup Unicycling 0 November 21st 05 10:02 AM
Danish World Runner to finish at Greenwich - Today 23rd Oct 05 [email protected] UK 0 October 23rd 05 03:49 AM