Fun with exponents

Old June 9th 20, 09:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

Default Fun with exponents

On 09/06/2020 01.53, AMuzi wrote:

snip

Gentlemen, please:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ted-countries/

I have no dog in this fight but ferchrissakes the actual rates are easy
to find.

I knew Germany was the highest for a host of well publicized policy
reasons. It seems Australia doesn't make the Top Ten.

Who let you and your crappy facts in eh? Don't you know this is a
proper argument, and we don.t need your stinking facts when we can make
up our own. Everyone knows Google is run by the draft dodger for his
own nefarious reelection goals anyway.
Old June 9th 20, 10:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 09:25:41 +0100, Tosspot
wrote:

On 09/06/2020 01.53, AMuzi wrote:

snip

Gentlemen, please:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ted-countries/

I have no dog in this fight but ferchrissakes the actual rates are easy
to find.

I knew Germany was the highest for a host of well publicized policy
reasons. It seems Australia doesn't make the Top Ten.

Who let you and your crappy facts in eh? Don't you know this is a
proper argument, and we don.t need your stinking facts when we can make
up our own. Everyone knows Google is run by the draft dodger for his
own nefarious reelection goals anyway.

But if the draft dodger is elected do we protest? Or is it, if they
don't elect a draft dodger we protest. Please reply in a timely manner
as I really do need a new wris****ch and I've been told that Rolex
will have their display window re-glassed shortly.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old June 9th 20, 10:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tosspot[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

We should protest as are unalienable democratic right, while at the same
time, not protest, as is our entitlement.

I've starting looking up betting odds for this, I see money to be made.
Old June 9th 20, 01:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 6/9/2020 3:25 AM, Tosspot wrote:
On 09/06/2020 01.53, AMuzi wrote:

snip

Gentlemen, please:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ted-countries/

I have no dog in this fight but ferchrissakes the actual
rates are easy to find.

I knew Germany was the highest for a host of well
publicized policy reasons. It seems Australia doesn't make
the Top Ten.

Who let you and your crappy facts in eh? Don't you know
this is a proper argument, and we don.t need your stinking
facts when we can make up our own. Everyone knows Google is
run by the draft dodger for his own nefarious reelection
goals anyway.

We don't allow gurgle on the company network.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old June 9th 20, 02:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, June 8, 2020 at 5:53:49 PM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/8/2020 5:20 PM, wrote:
On Monday, June 8, 2020 at 10:51:11 AM UTC-7, Rolf Mantel wrote:
Am 08.06.2020 um 18:46 schrieb
:

Showing what an utter fool you are. The cheapest electricity in
Australia is in Victoria. There it is 23.272 cents per kilowatt hour.
That is 100 times more than I pay for it. In South Australia it is
37.62 cents per kilowatt hour.

If Electricity is that cheap in Australia, you're wrong in claiming that
Australia offers amongst the most expensive electricity in the world.

The Aussy dollar is worth about 70% of what an American dollar is
worth but the Average working wage is twice what it is in the US.

German end-user prices are around 30 cents per Kilowatt hour as well but
the Euro is more like AUS $1.30.

The price of electricity is mostly dependent on taxes, network
distribution fees and the likes.

If in California you have end user prices of 2 cent per kilowatt hour,
you surprise your power generators lack the money to build safe power
lines. I prefer paying a bit more and having reliable and safe power
instead.

Germany has no sources of energy other than coal which I expect the eschew. Australia has virtually endless oil and gas for its small population.

Granted that here we have quite a bit of hydroelectric power but you have to admit that 0.23 cents per kilowatt hour is cheap. I pay about $17 a month for electricity.

Gentlemen, please:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ted-countries/

I have no dog in this fight but ferchrissakes the actual
rates are easy to find.

I knew Germany was the highest for a host of well publicized
policy reasons. It seems Australia doesn't make the Top Ten.

Right now Australia is having higher than normal electricity costs because they are closing down coal fired power plants and paying for "renewable energy" sources. They claim that the cost of electricity will then return to normal but we know about "renewable energy" and they won't be falling any time soon.
Old June 9th 20, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, June 8, 2020 at 6:01:12 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 6/8/2020 8:53 PM, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/8/2020 5:20 PM, wrote:
[...]

Hey, who let that guy bring data in here??

It really is way below the national average here.
https://www.ohenergyratings.com/electricity-rates
(If it doesn't come up, use zip code 44503)

Looks like I could save 20 cents per kW-hr if I wanted to bother to switch.

Every time you post my pity for your students grows. I can't imagine paying to sit in a class with you standing at the front.
Old June 9th 20, 02:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Monday, June 8, 2020 at 10:24:26 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Not sure how we got to talking about electricity prices. But in May 2020 I used 320 kwh. Energy charge was $0.08044 per kwh. Total energy charge was $25.74. But funny enough, the total electric portion of my gas and electricity bill was $37.49. So all the other various charges amounted to almost 50% extra. Des Moines, Iowa. I think my utility company uses coal for electricity generation, not natural gas.

Coal has more energy per kg and if I remember correctly you have a lot of local sources for natural gas. In the winter my gas bill is $200. You'd think with all of the refineries around here that natural gas would be cheap.
Old June 9th 20, 02:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, June 9, 2020 at 1:57:40 AM UTC-7, Rolf Mantel wrote:
Am 09.06.2020 um 00:24 schrieb :
On Monday, June 8, 2020 at 10:51:11 AM UTC-7, Rolf Mantel wrote:

If in California you have end user prices of 2 cent per kilowatt
hour, you surprise your power generators lack the money to build
safe power lines. I prefer paying a bit more and having reliable
and safe power instead.

The probkem isn't the lack of for safe lines. These would ALL have
been underground in concrete passages but after running them the next
day the wires would all be gone. They would be sold for scrap copper
prices and surprise - the cops could never discover who it was since
they were all illegals who are considered "hands off" in California.

Actually, I have never heared of live underground wires being stolen (I
would stongly suspect attempting to separate a 330kV line would qualify
immediately for a Darwin award). I have heared of overhead wire on
disused train lines being stolen though.

In Germany, we traditionally have the high- and medium voltage
ditribution through the air and only the in-town "low voltage"
distribution underground, together with telefone, cable TV, fresh water
and sewage.

The underground wiring is all "low" voltage with high voltage supplied via very tall and safe steel towers and on the ground substations to change high voltage low current to low voltage high current.

The underground wires stolen were in new installations without any power on them. After three tries PG&E gave up. It was plain that no one was going to do anything to the illegals carrying on this theft.