Sustrans Rangers.

Old October 23rd 03, 11:33 AM
Simon Mason

Default Sustrans Rangers.

I have recently complained about some vandalised lamp posts on my off-road
cycle track commute and received this reply which refers to "Sustrans
Rangers" . Does anyone here know what is involved in becoming one of these?

Simon

From Hull City cycling officer:

The damaged lighting columns are due to be replaced imminently at
considerable expense to the City Council. You will appreciate that there
are only limited amounts of finance available for the replacement of
lighting columns. As the route is some distance from residential property,
it does tend to attract miscreants who take pleasure in abusing the cycle
track, particularly joy riders in stolen cars, despite our best efforts to
secure the access points to the cycle track, and vandals. The cycle track
is cleaned on a regular basis by the Environmental Team, who also respond to
any reports of debris within 24 hours. Unfortunately the occurrence of
broken glass is very frequent and often goes unreported.

Any help you can offer, either by reporting damage or debris to the call
centre (tel 300300), reporting vandals to Humberside Police or perhaps
becoming involved by being a Sustrans Ranger (tel 0117 929 0888) for this
section of cycle route, would be greatly appreciated.

Old October 23rd 03, 11:44 AM
Colin Blackburn

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 11:33:02 +0100, Simon Mason
wrote:

I have recently complained about some vandalised lamp posts on my
off-road
cycle track commute and received this reply which refers to "Sustrans
Rangers" . Does anyone here know what is involved in becoming one of
these?

A ranger keeps an eye on a section of the network. Sound's like you'd be
ideal for this stretch if you ride it daily.

http://www.sustrans.org.uk/webcode/content.asp?ID=162&

Colin
Old October 23rd 03, 12:46 PM
Simon Mason

news
wrote:

I have recently complained about some vandalised lamp posts on my
off-road
cycle track commute and received this reply which refers to "Sustrans
Rangers" . Does anyone here know what is involved in becoming one of
these?

A ranger keeps an eye on a section of the network. Sound's like you'd be
ideal for this stretch if you ride it daily.

Or how to make yourself a marked man with the local boneheads!

Simon

Old October 23rd 03, 01:18 PM
Graeme

"Simon Mason" wrote in
:

Or how to make yourself a marked man with the local boneheads!

Nah, I don't think they require you to wear a fluoro vest with "Sustrans
Spy" written on it :-)

Graeme

Old October 23rd 03, 01:27 PM
Ian

Graeme must be edykated coz e writed:

"Simon Mason" wrote in
:

Or how to make yourself a marked man with the local boneheads!

Nah, I don't think they require you to wear a fluoro vest with "Sustrans
Spy" written on it :-)

Graeme

Actually it says Sustrans Ranger on it, but the big giveaway is when you
start eating vedgie burgers and smoking impossibly thin roll ups.

--
Ian

http://www.catrike.co.uk

Old October 23rd 03, 01:33 PM
Colin Blackburn

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:27:06 +0100, Ian wrote:

Graeme must be edykated coz e writed:

"Simon Mason" wrote in
:

Or how to make yourself a marked man with the local boneheads!

Nah, I don't think they require you to wear a fluoro vest with "Sustrans
Spy" written on it :-)

Graeme

Actually it says Sustrans Ranger on it, but the big giveaway is when you
start eating vedgie burgers and smoking impossibly thin roll ups.

Are vedgie burgers Germans riding uprights?

Colin
Old October 23rd 03, 04:12 PM
Simon Mason

"Ian" wrote in message

Actually it says Sustrans Ranger on it, but the big giveaway is when you
start eating vedgie burgers and smoking impossibly thin roll ups.

It might as well say "come and give me a good kicking" on the back.

Simon

Old October 23rd 03, 04:19 PM
Tony Raven

Simon Mason wrote:
"Ian" wrote in message

Actually it says Sustrans Ranger on it, but the big giveaway is when
you start eating vedgie burgers and smoking impossibly thin roll ups.

It might as well say "come and give me a good kicking" on the back.

Simon

Just wear the panda eyeshades and you'll be able to rely on Tonto riding in
to the rescue.

To the dumps to the dumps to the dumps dumps dumps

IGMC

Tony ;-)

Old October 23rd 03, 04:34 PM
Simon Mason

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
Simon Mason wrote:
"Ian" wrote in message

Actually it says Sustrans Ranger on it, but the big giveaway is when
you start eating vedgie burgers and smoking impossibly thin roll ups.

It might as well say "come and give me a good kicking" on the back.

Just wear the panda eyeshades and you'll be able to rely on Tonto riding

in
to the rescue.

It'll probably get glass in its hooves before it can get to my rescue.

Simon

Old October 23rd 03, 11:48 PM
taywood

Simon Mason wrote:
I have recently complained about some vandalised lamp posts on my
off-road cycle track commute and received this reply which refers to
"Sustrans Rangers" . Does anyone here know what is involved in
becoming one of these?

I seem to remember a very concientious guy writing here about
his having to give up his job as Sustrans Ranger on the Drumochter
Pass route in Scotland.
Mike

Sustrans routes Zog The Undeniable UK 51 September 26th 03 11:08 AM
Sustrans straight in at number 14. Colin Blackburn UK 16 August 25th 03 03:52 PM