trained driver saves little girl from death

Old March 26th 19, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default trained driver saves little girl from death

video says it all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-path-van.html
Old March 26th 19, 05:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

MrCheerful wrote:
video says it all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-path-van.html

Yip. Child benefit claiming daddy was also riding a bicycle on the footpath.
Stupid is as stupid does.

Old March 26th 19, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 26/03/2019 15:54, MrCheerful wrote:
video says it all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-path-van.html

Whether or not it saved her life (she did correct her mistake), the
driver is to be commended for a demonstration of competence that the
driver in the thread about the two boys spectacularly failed to do. They
both received the same training so there must be something else
affecting the results.

It's difficult to tell where she came from. There is a garden gate
nearby but it doesn't seem to line up.
Old March 26th 19, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 3:54:11 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
video says it all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-path-van.html

The driver's panic braking did nothing.

Old March 26th 19, 09:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 5:02:43 PM UTC, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
MrCheerful wrote:
video says it all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-path-van.html

Yip. Child benefit claiming daddy

Are you jealous because you are a virgin?

Old March 26th 19, 09:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 26/03/2019 21:41, Simon Jester wrote:
On Tuesday, March 26, 2019 at 3:54:11 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
video says it all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-path-van.html

The driver's panic braking did nothing.

To be fair, it might have done had she not turned.
Old March 27th 19, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
soup[_8_]

On 26/03/2019 20:25, TMS320 wrote:
On 26/03/2019 15:54, MrCheerful wrote:
video says it all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-path-van.html

Whether or not it saved her life (she did correct her mistake), the
driver is to be commended for a demonstration of competence that the
driver in the thread about the two boys spectacularly failed to do. They
both received the same training so there must be something else
affecting the results.

It's difficult to tell where she came from. There is a garden gate
nearby but it doesn't seem to line up.

I would give the wee girl a pass on pavement cycling due to her age and
inexperience.
The dad however has no excuse, not for pavement cycling or teaching so
close to (what appears to be) a main road.

Sometimes cyclists just play into the hands of the criticizers ,
it doesn't seem to matter if I and 89% of others follow all the laws and
behave properly, the remaining 10% are the ones 'talked' about.
All numbers from the 'picked out my arse' department

Sorry for piggy backing your sub thread TMS but as I have Cheerful
kill-filed I cannot reply directly.

Old March 28th 19, 09:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 27/03/2019 12:11, soup wrote:
On 26/03/2019 20:25, TMS320 wrote:
On 26/03/2019 15:54, MrCheerful wrote:
video says it all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-path-van.html

Whether or not it saved her life (she did correct her mistake), the
driver is to be commended for a demonstration of competence that the
driver in the thread about the two boys spectacularly failed to do.
They both received the same training so there must be something else
affecting the results.

It's difficult to tell where she came from. There is a garden gate
nearby but it doesn't seem to line up.

I would give the wee girl a pass on pavement cycling due to her age and
inexperience.
Â*The dad however has no excuse, not for pavement cycling or teaching so
close to (what appears to be) a main road.

The wall next to the pavement looks like a garden wall. So people live
on that section of road. Should people load their car up and drive
somewhere else before they can go out and play?

Sometimes cyclists just play into the hands of the criticizers ,
it doesn't seem to matter if I and 89% of others follow all the laws and
behave properly, the remaining 10% are the ones 'talked' about.
All numbers from the 'picked out my arse' department

Sorry for piggy backing your sub thread TMS but as I have Cheerful
kill-filed I cannot reply directly.

Don't worry.

The reverse occurs with drivers never doing any wrong. When something
does go wrong it is usually the fault of somebody else or of some
inanimate object.

In another of Cheerful's threads, a boy is seen crossing the road and an
incompetent driver is unable to do an emergency stop. Almost like the
driverless car in the 'states. If the driver had any competence a crash
would not have happened and it would not have been newsworthy. Yes, the
boy created the situation but the culture is that the actual crash must
also be the boy's fault, and the driver's lack of skill is not questioned.

In the press a motorist/driver never crashes eg, "motorist hurt when
their vehicle crashed into a tree", whereas it is "cyclist crashed into
a tree". A motorist/driver is never a drug dealer, burglar, murderer,
rapist... but if any tenuous connection can be found with a bicycle it
is almost invariably reported as "cyclist did it".
Old March 28th 19, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Tue, 26 Mar 2019 21:48:56 +0000
TMS320 wrote:

On 26/03/2019 21:41, Simon Jester wrote:

The driver's panic braking did nothing.

To be fair, it might have done had she not turned.

+1

Old April 2nd 19, 01:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]

On 26/03/2019 20:25, TMS320 wrote:

On 26/03/2019 15:54, MrCheerful wrote:

video says it all.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-path-van.html

Whether or not it saved her life (she did correct her mistake), the
driver is to be commended for a demonstration of competence that the
driver in the thread about the two boys spectacularly failed to do. They
both received the same training so there must be something else
affecting the results.

It's difficult to tell where she came from. There is a garden gate
nearby but it doesn't seem to line up.

Nearly forty years ago, something vaguely similar happened to me in St
Helens, Lancashire. I was driving north on Marshalls Cross Road (then
part of A570, but since downgraded because a new road has been opened)
past Sherdley Park, which has no boundary fence or other barrier.

As I passed an odd sandstone structure on the left...

/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sUzPOL1GbvTqsqK4n1BRtdw!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656?hl=en

....a child of about nine or ten on a small-sized bike emerged at speed
from a hidden position behind it, straight out onto the carriageway
literally a very few yards in front of me. I was sure that there was no
way I could avoid him and that he was doomed, but although the car went
almost sideways under the braking effort, I managed to stop it just
short of him. He had reacted to the sound of the car and stopped, of all
things, right in my path. He ran away squealing, leaving his bike behind
in the nearside lane.

I asked my local councillor to get St Helens to consider having extra
barriers erected so that cyclists and pedestrians could not emerge onto
the carriageway unseen until it was too late. He said he would do that.
Thirty-nine years later, there are still no barriers at that dangerous spot.