The joy of spring

Old March 30th 04, 02:46 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Default The joy of spring

Just got back from a mid-day cycle jaunt around the lanes. *Glorious* The sun
is high, the sky is blue - a bit of a headwind, but manageable. Loads of lambs
in the fields, saw my first brimstone butterfly of the year and my first
tortoiseshell butterfly of the year. The primroses and violets are starting to
adorn the hedgerows. Bunnies bouncing about the ditches, pheasants doing their
roadrunner impersonations.

*Wonderful*

And the motorists were courteous :-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old March 30th 04, 02:55 PM
Velvet

Just got back from a mid-day cycle jaunt around the lanes. *Glorious* The sun
is high, the sky is blue - a bit of a headwind, but manageable. Loads of lambs
in the fields, saw my first brimstone butterfly of the year and my first
tortoiseshell butterfly of the year. The primroses and violets are starting to
adorn the hedgerows. Bunnies bouncing about the ditches, pheasants doing their
roadrunner impersonations.

*Wonderful*

And the motorists were courteous :-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Bah. I'd given thought to pootling off on the train with the bike to go
ride the forest way from east grinstead to groombridge, having done
e.grinstead to forest row at the weekend, but was waiting for a meeting
that was supposed to happen this afternoon.

I was more miffed when no call to confirm came, and finally having just
spoken to the family member concerned and being given the option of
either doing it this afternoon or tomorrow morning (where tomorrow is
going to be less pleasant weather-wise), I'm now sat here without the
time to be able to do this ride today (and lacking the inclination to do
with with the weather forecast for the rest of the week).

Chuffing parents. Whole day that I could have been out cycling in
lovely sunshine and instead have hung around doing odd chores (albeit
some in the garden) to use up time till this now-nonexistant meeting.

NNNNNGH

Velvet
Old March 30th 04, 02:57 PM
Dave Larrington

[Spring STULL]

And the motorists were courteous :-)

Astonishingly, on no fewer than /three/ occasions this morning, the drivers
of motorcars wishing to turn left across the bus lane allowed me through on
the inside rather than, as is more often their wont, turning across my bows
in a manner most ill-considered and cretinous.

I expect it will all be back to normal this evening :-(

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Old March 30th 04, 06:04 PM
Niv

And the motorists were courteous :-)

Cheers, helen s

You'll be telling us next that You & Vernon are members of the pork
squadron.

Niv.

Old March 30th 04, 06:10 PM
MSeries

Just got back from a mid-day cycle jaunt around the lanes. *Glorious*
The sun is high, the sky is blue - a bit of a headwind, but
manageable. Loads of lambs in the fields, saw my first brimstone
butterfly of the year and my first tortoiseshell butterfly of the
year. The primroses and violets are starting to adorn the hedgerows.
Bunnies bouncing about the ditches, pheasants doing their roadrunner
impersonations.

*Wonderful*

And the motorists were courteous :-)

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

--Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel is
switched off--

I had to visit the jobcentre twice and didn't manage the 4 hour ride as
planned :-( .I'll put an hour or so in tonight and perhaps tomorrow
afternoon, in between my aptitude test and the open evening I am attending.

Old March 30th 04, 06:45 PM
Paul - xxx

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers posted ...

Just got back from a mid-day cycle jaunt around the lanes. *Glorious*
The sun is high, the sky is blue - a bit of a headwind, but
manageable.

Heheheh, rode to work again this morning, 5.30 am .. into a head wind, came
home at 11 am into a head wind, went back at 3 pm into a head wind ..
finally at 6pm came home .. with a tailwind ...

Amazing how some winds make you feel just great ..

*Wonderful*

Yeah ...

--
Paul

(8(|) Homer rocks ..

Old March 30th 04, 08:40 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Just got back from a mid-day cycle jaunt around the lanes. *Glorious* The sun
is high, the sky is blue - a bit of a headwind, but manageable. Loads of lambs
in the fields, saw my first brimstone butterfly of the year and my first
tortoiseshell butterfly of the year. The primroses and violets are starting to
adorn the hedgerows. Bunnies bouncing about the ditches, pheasants doing their
roadrunner impersonations.

I did 16 miles after work - in shorts and a jersey, white socks, no
gloves or hat, for the first time this year. The first 8 miles were at
an average of 20mph (which includes traffic lights and junctions!). The
last 8 miles were more like 12mph, when I realised I'd been benefiting
from a strong tailwind - and it's *hilly* coming back.

Despite the wind, I managed to frighten the local wildlife by clocking
50.2mph back into the village. The racing bike is *much* faster than
the tourer I've been riding all winter.

Saw lots of cyclists out and about, mostly on road bikes. I knew this
MTB thing was a fad ;-)
Old March 31st 04, 12:52 PM
mij

Dirtylitterboxo wrote:
*
..... And the motorists were courteous :-)
Cheers, helen s
--This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get correct one
remove fame & fortune
**$om $
--Due to financial crisis the light at the end of the tunnel is
switched off--

I went out for an hour in the evening sunshine and also found th
motorists terribly courteous. I'm sure things will soon get bac
to normal

-

Old March 31st 04, 12:57 PM
MartinM

Zog The Undeniable wrote in message news:4069cd0d.0@entanet...

[...]

I celebrated the clocks going forward by riding all the way home from
work. Now why can't they stay forward?
Old March 31st 04, 01:06 PM
Dave Kahn

Zog The Undeniable wrote in message news:4069cd0d.0@entanet...

I did 16 miles after work - in shorts and a jersey, white socks, no
gloves or hat, for the first time this year. The first 8 miles were at
an average of 20mph (which includes traffic lights and junctions!). The
last 8 miles were more like 12mph, when I realised I'd been benefiting
from a strong tailwind - and it's *hilly* coming back.

When you glance down at the computer and notice you're bowling
effortlessly along at 27 mph on the flat your first thought is, "Wow,
I'm in good form today." Your second thought is, "Tailwind, idiot!"
:-)

--
Dave...