Heart Monitor Wrist watch.

Old July 24th 05, 11:51 AM
Alan

Default Heart Monitor Wrist watch.

Hi all, I am in the process of buying a heart rate monitor for training and
weight loss regime.

There are a plethora of them on EBay all touting different functions and
advantages.
I am mainly after

1) Something that will keep my riding , running, etc within my fatburning
range.

2) A calorie counter might be useful.

3) A watch that does not need me to place my finger on the watch face, i.e.
a continuous monitoring of heart rate.

Time, date, alarm, would be fine.

I have a Cateye Mity 2 that does me for most bike related things.

Lastly on EBay, there seem to be the very fitness training type watches such
as Dunlop etc but maybe it would be better to go for a Casio type watch that
has all the functions above but is marketed at the more action man types out
there.

Regards Alan

Old July 25th 05, 02:00 PM
chris harrison

Alan wrote:
Hi all, I am in the process of buying a heart rate monitor for training and
weight loss regime.

There are a plethora of them on EBay all touting different functions and
advantages.
I am mainly after

1) Something that will keep my riding , running, etc within my fatburning
range.

2) A calorie counter might be useful.

3) A watch that does not need me to place my finger on the watch face, i.e.
a continuous monitoring of heart rate.

Well, the 'industry-standard' HRMs are Polar and while their
super-dooper models are very expensive, the low-end models do include
this sort of functionality (some models have beeps based on programmable
zones and will report calories burned, they all use a wireless
connection with a chest strap).

http://www.polar.fi/polar/channels/e...c/Fitness.html
summarises the ones they market for fitness. The F4 sounds like it will
do what you need - you should be able to pick it up for around 40 pounds.
Old July 26th 05, 04:20 PM
Alan

Hi all, Thanks for your helpful replies.

Regards Alan

"chris harrison" wrote in message
.. .
Alan wrote:
[...]

Anyone know if they still make HRMs you can wear like a watch? Preston Crawford General 5 August 6th 05 07:57 PM
high maximum heart rate pam_in_sc General 10 November 13th 04 01:16 AM
Rider Down! slim Social Issues 9 October 19th 04 01:41 PM
Cycling and vegetarianism Preston Crawford General 434 September 25th 04 09:38 PM
Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM