"Rigid Class System in Europe" Bob Roll Comments

Old September 4th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ewoud Dronkert

Default Ewoud, paging Ewoud

Robert Chung schreef:
Simon Brooke wrote:
usufruct

Ah yes. "Congrats on first use in rbr!" Missed it because it was in a
gwhite-subthread and I tend to skip those, sorry.

--
E. Dronkert
Old September 4th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

Default "Rigid Class System in Europe" Bob Roll Comments

in message om,
') wrote:

Pudd'nhead Wilson wrote, and wrote, and wrote:

or, if in short supply,...

Sheesh!!! What isn't in short supply?

ASCII, apparently.

Apologies. I'll leave this thread now - it is way off topic.

The Conservative Party is now dead. The corpse may still be
twitching, but resurrection is not an option - unless Satan
chucks them out of Hell as too objectionable even for him.

Old September 5th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Steven Bornfeld

Robert Chung wrote:
Jack Hollis wrote:

Britain spend less on health care than the US because the budget is a
fixed amount. So it's not efficiency that doing it, it's rationing.

They spend less and get better outcomes -- sounds like their "rationing"
is pretty efficient.

An Inconvenient Truth

Old September 5th 06, 10:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Robert Chung wrote:
usufruct

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
Ah yes. "Congrats on first use in rbr!" Missed it because it was in a
gwhite-subthread and I tend to skip those, sorry.

Is there a scrabble game going on that no one told me about ?

Old September 6th 06, 02:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Mon, 04 Sep 2006 21:52:00 +0100, Simon Brooke
wrote:

In pre-modern
Europe the overwhelming majority of land was commons, and people had
usufruct rights only on the produce of the land.

I think you might review Feudalism in Europe.
Old September 6th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 00:35:26 GMT, Steven Bornfeld
wrote:

Robert Chung wrote:
Jack Hollis wrote:

Britain spend less on health care than the US because the budget is a
fixed amount. So it's not efficiency that doing it, it's rationing.

They spend less and get better outcomes -- sounds like their "rationing"
is pretty efficient.

An Inconvenient Truth

You want some inconveniet truths.

NHS scan delays 'put lives at risk'

NHS patients in Scotland are being forced to wait up to nine months
for potentially life-saving tests for heart disease, cancer and other
serious illnesses.

Drastic shortages of staff and equipment have led to "unacceptable"
and "ridiculous" delays for diagnostic tests that the NHS classes as
routine.

Figures obtained by Scotland on Sunday show thousands of patients are
waiting - often in fear and pain - for up to 36 weeks to receive brain
scans, heart checks, endoscopy and other procedures.

The delays are all the more serious because, from next year, no
patient should have to wait more than nine weeks for most diagnostic
tests.

The new figures suggest it will be virtually impossible for hospitals
to come anywhere near these targets.

Politicians and patient groups fear the massive waiting times are
allowing many patients' conditions to worsen, and could even be
contributing to avoidable deaths.

http://news.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1178402006

Here is a list of the waiting times for hospital admission in England
from the NHS website

http://www.performance.doh.gov.uk/wa.../kh07_y00.html

It's an absolute discrace.

Anyone who thinks health care in the UK is anywhere near as good as
whats available in the US is living in a fantasy world.
Old September 6th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

Jack Hollis wrote:

Here is a list of the waiting times for hospital admission in England
from the NHS website

http://www.performance.doh.gov.uk/wa.../kh07_y00.html

It's an absolute discrace.

Anyone who thinks health care in the UK is anywhere near as good as
whats available in the US is living in a fantasy world.

Hmmm. I'd say anyone who thinks that waiting time is the only determinant
of quality of care isn't competent to discuss quality of care. On the
other hand, outcomes are a reasonably good measure of the quality of care
since they take into account the entire stream of services patients
receive. Outcomes in the UK are comparable to those in the US -- and they
achieve those comparable outcomes for about two-thirds of our cost.

Old September 6th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

Robert Chung wrote:
Outcomes in the UK are comparable to those
in the US -- and they achieve those comparable outcomes for about
two-thirds of our cost.

BTW, I'm not saying that the UK has the best health care system in the
world -- when I say that it's comparable to the US, I mean that they're
both roughly in the middle of the developed countries (which, as I've been
saying, ain't the worst place in the world to be). For example, France is
generally considered to have a better health care system than either the
US or the UK.

What bulb for dynamo. Martin Dann UK 352 July 22nd 05 07:12 AM
Successful start for my unicycle class billham Unicycling 10 October 16th 04 04:52 PM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Ideas for improving the U System for trials billham Unicycling 22 April 15th 04 05:38 AM