"Rigid Class System in Europe" Bob Roll Comments

Old September 7th 06, 01:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

Default "Rigid Class System in Europe" Bob Roll Comments

I wrote:

Right, I wasn't implying that satisfaction is a reliable metric. In
fact, I was citing an ancient study because I don't usually pay any
attention to satisfaction data so I'm not up-to-date on it.

I do, however, have a more appropriate example, even though it's an
anecdote. A friend was trying to demonstrate that patient satisfaction
surveys aren't terribly useful as an objective measure of quality of
care. He got permission to do in-depth interviews with women who had
been recently discharged after childbirth from a couple of hospitals in
his area. Almost everyone was very satisfied with their care, citing the
friendliness of the staff, the attractiveness of the rooms, the ability
to have their partners with them, that sort of thing. However, when he
went deeper into the interviews he uncovered nearly half who either had
themselves or whose babies had post-natal complications: almost all of
them were minor, but they were still conditions that could be linked to
sub-standard care. He gave a report to the hospitals' administrations.
You can see this coming: rather than taking this as evidence that
patient satisfaction doesn't capture all aspects of quality of care, the
administrations took it as a sign that they had been successful in
getting the staff to be friendly and that their room remodeling had been
successful.

Not the same study, but same result:
http://online.wsj.com/article_email/...zUwODc0Wj.html

Old September 7th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Jack Hollis

On 6 Sep 2006 23:22:05 -0700, "Pudd'nhead Wilson"
wrote:

Robert Chung wrote:

I'd say anyone who thinks that waiting time is the only determinant
of quality of care isn't competent to discuss quality of care.

I'd say that no care is about as bad as it gets, especially when
you're talking about diagnostic procedures.
Old September 7th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

wrote:

Robert Chung wrote:

I'd say anyone who thinks that waiting time is the only determinant
of quality of care isn't competent to discuss quality of care.

I'd say that no care is about as bad as it gets, especially when
you're talking about diagnostic procedures.

Jack, what is it with you and this chip on your shoulder?
Those of us who live in the UK are generally happy with the NHS.
By your own admission you are repeating 20-year-old moans of
an ex-pat.
Old September 7th 06, 06:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Pudd'nhead Wilson wrote:
Yes, do get back to "interesting" talk about bike racing.

Dumbass,

Don't let anyone see you with long white socks and Oakleys.
Your credibility on health care policy will be in the ****ter
for sure.

If you guys want something interesting, check out my business
web page:

http://www.rsplastic.com/

Bob 'Call me Robert' Schwartz
Old September 7th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Bob Schwartz wrote:

snip
If you guys want something interesting, check out my business
web page:

http://www.rsplastic.com/

Do you ever wake up with a nagging feeling that you've overinflated your
tires?

--
Bill Asher
Old September 7th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

Bob Martin wrote:

Jack, what is it with you and this chip on your shoulder?

His brand of kook-fu is very powerful.

Old September 7th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

Jack Hollis, quoting gwhite, wrote:

Robert Chung wrote:

I'd say anyone who thinks that waiting time is the only determinant
of quality of care isn't competent to discuss quality of care.

I'd say that no care is about as bad as it gets, especially when
you're talking about diagnostic procedures.

Then we agree on one of the reasons why general health status in the US is
worse than in the UK: we've got 45 million uninsured and they've got
universal coverage.

But even for those who are insured and have access to care, the UK appears
to do no worse and sometimes better:
http://jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/295/17/2037 and
http://roysocmed.ac.uk/media/downloa...09diabetes.pdf

And it costs them less.

Old September 8th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

William Asher wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:

snip
If you guys want something interesting, check out my business
web page:

http://www.rsplastic.com/

Do you ever wake up with a nagging feeling that you've overinflated your
tires?

I also work with fatty masters:
http://www.rsplastic.com/malebreastreduc.php

Bob Schwartz
Old September 8th 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung

Bob Schwartz wrote:

I also work with fatty masters:
http://www.rsplastic.com/malebreastreduc.php

You work with fatheads?

Old September 8th 06, 04:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

Bob Schwartz wrote:
William Asher wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:

snip
If you guys want something interesting, check out my business
web page:

http://www.rsplastic.com/

Do you ever wake up with a nagging feeling that you've overinflated your
tires?

I also work with fatty masters:
http://www.rsplastic.com/malebreastreduc.php

Bob Schwartz

So how many gynecomastias do you get to fix every year, ansd how many
are "athletes"?
Bill C

What bulb for dynamo. Martin Dann UK 352 July 22nd 05 07:12 AM
Successful start for my unicycle class billham Unicycling 10 October 16th 04 04:52 PM
New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Ideas for improving the U System for trials billham Unicycling 22 April 15th 04 05:38 AM