Spring has Sprung

Old April 26th 11, 03:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default Spring has Sprung

Now that getting dressed doesn't take much longer than the trip, I've
resumed going to the grocery store on my bike.

The first trip, I learned that "put it in the cart loose" means "bag
it before you put it into the cart".

The second time, I learned that "put it in the cart loose -- I have to
re-pack it" means "use extra bags".

Now I remember: the proper command is "No bags please. Just put
them back in the cart loose. I have to re-pack it on my bike."

(All three sentences are required -- one would think that bag boys
were paid by the bag.)

I wonder whether it will work.

It's threatening rain and far from warm enough that I don't mind
getting wet. I think I'll drive today. We need bread, so I can stop
by Aunt Millies and get rid of surplus bags.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net

Old April 26th 11, 05:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ben Pfaff

Joy Beeson writes:

Now I remember: the proper command is "No bags please. Just put
them back in the cart loose. I have to re-pack it on my bike."

And then, afterward, they ask if you'd like help out to your car.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org
Old April 27th 11, 03:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 4/26/2011 11:47 AM, Ben Pfaff wrote:
Joy writes:

Now I remember: the proper command is "No bags please. Just put
them back in the cart loose. I have to re-pack it on my bike."

And then, afterward, they ask if you'd like help out to your car.

Ever thought of using the drive-up service on your bicycle?

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old April 27th 11, 05:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Ben Pfaff

Joy writes:

Now I remember: the proper command is "No bags please. Just put
them back in the cart loose. I have to re-pack it on my bike."

And then, afterward, they ask if you'd like help out to your car.

Ever thought of using the drive-up service on your bicycle?

No, but when I walk to the grocery store and they ask me whether
I'd like "help out", I think about asking whether they'd like to
carry some of the bags home with me. Never said so, though.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org