What's Your Prediction: Which Team will win the TdF Stage 4 Team Time Trial?

Old July 4th 05, 07:59 PM
Gunsberg

Default What's Your Prediction: Which Team will win the TdF Stage 4 Team Time Trial?

It looks like a close contest between Discovery and CSC.

T-Mobile has a lot of power, but they probably won't be able stay
together.

My prediction:

1) Discovery
2) Team CSC + 30"
3) Phonak + 1'30"
4) T-Mobile + 2'
5) Quickstep-Innergetic +2'15"
6) Gerolsteiner
7) Credit Agricole
8) Liberty Seguros
9) Rabobank
10)Davitamon-Lotto

Old July 4th 05, 08:08 PM
DepartFictif

1) Agritubel
2) Elk Simplon
3) Baloworld Valsir
4) Volksbank Ideal
5) Omnibike
6) Jean Floc'h
7) Team DFL
8) Arbo
9) Team Slovenja
10) VC Roubiax

Old July 4th 05, 08:28 PM
D.G.

On 2005-07-04, Gunsberg wrote:

My prediction:

1) Discovery
2) Team CSC + 30"
3) Phonak + 1'30"
4) T-Mobile + 2'

5) Quickstep-Innergetic +2'15"

I doubt anyone but Rogers and maybe Sinkewitz is motivated to put in any
major effort. It's far far more important for the team to keep Boonen and
his helpers fresh for the coming stages than wasting any more energy than
necessary on two riders who are leaving after the season, and neither of
whom impressed in the opening ITT.

6) Gerolsteiner
7) Credit Agricole
8) Liberty Seguros
9) Rabobank

10)Davitamon-Lotto

Hasn't even been top 15 the last five years (which was as long back as I
bothered to check), and I don't see why that should change this year.
Old July 4th 05, 09:02 PM

Gunsberg wrote:

T-Mobile has a lot of power, but they probably won't be able stay
together.

The Germans will probably head off tword Poland (old habits die hard),
the Italians no doubt will peel off in the direction of the nearest
cafe, leaving poor Sevilla and Vinokurov to fend for themselves. And
that will probably be the only interesting thing that happens all day.

Old July 4th 05, 09:06 PM
trg

1 CSC
2 DSC
3 PHO
4 GST

1 and 2 should be super close, but I give it to CSC because they have the
advantage of starting last.

Armstrong wasn't the only DSC rider to pass his TMO minute man. 5 other guys
managed the same feat. In fact, Vino is the only TMO rider who had a faster
time than the DSC rider following.

Padrnos Guerini +57"
Noval Kloden +33"
Popovich Schreck +1'11
Azevedo Nardelllo +1'04
Vinokourov Beltran -1'21
Rubiera Sevilla +1'28
Savoldelli Kessler +1"33
Hincapie Steinhauser +1'32
Armstrong Ullrich +1'06

TMO is gonna lose some time. I'll bet they'll be happy for the time
adjustment rule tomorrow.

Old July 4th 05, 09:19 PM
David Ferguson

On 4 Jul 2005 11:59:51 -0700, "Gunsberg"
wrote:

It looks like a close contest between Discovery and CSC.

T-Mobile has a lot of power, but they probably won't be able stay
together.

My prediction:

1) Discovery
2) Team CSC + 30"
3) Phonak + 1'30"
4) T-Mobile + 2'
5) Quickstep-Innergetic +2'15"
6) Gerolsteiner
7) Credit Agricole
8) Liberty Seguros
9) Rabobank
10)Davitamon-Lotto

I think one of those top 4 teams will take a spill on rainy roads.

Old July 4th 05, 10:42 PM
Jason Waddell

1) Discovery
2) Team CSC + 30"
3) Phonak + 1'30"
4) T-Mobile + 2'
5) Noble House
6) Sharper Image
7) Subway
8) Liberty Seguros
9) Rabobank
10)Davitamon-Lotto

Old July 5th 05, 12:48 AM
RonSonic

wrote:

It looks like a close contest between Discovery and CSC.

T-Mobile has a lot of power, but they probably won't be able stay
together.

My prediction:

1) Discovery
2) Team CSC + 30"
3) Phonak + 1'30"
4) T-Mobile + 2'
5) Quickstep-Innergetic +2'15"
6) Gerolsteiner
7) Credit Agricole
8) Liberty Seguros
9) Rabobank
10)Davitamon-Lotto

I think one of those top 4 teams will take a spill on rainy roads.

Tyler Hamilton's not riding this year.

Ron

Old July 5th 05, 01:37 AM

DepartFictif wrote:
1) Agritubel
2) Elk Simplon
3) Baloworld Valsir
4) Volksbank Ideal
5) Omnibike
6) Jean Floc'h
7) Team DFL
8) Arbo
9) Team Slovenja
10) VC Roubiax

Anti-American delusions on full display.

Old July 5th 05, 01:43 AM
David Ferguson

wrote:

It looks like a close contest between Discovery and CSC.

T-Mobile has a lot of power, but they probably won't be able stay
together.

My prediction:

1) Discovery
2) Team CSC + 30"
3) Phonak + 1'30"
4) T-Mobile + 2'
5) Quickstep-Innergetic +2'15"
6) Gerolsteiner
7) Credit Agricole
8) Liberty Seguros
9) Rabobank
10)Davitamon-Lotto

I think one of those top 4 teams will take a spill on rainy roads.

Tyler Hamilton's not riding this year.

Ron

BWAAAAHHH!!!

I wonder what Tyler does think of it all. I suppose he's tuning in to
OLN like the rest of us.