Peace Themed Jerseys?

Old January 6th 04, 04:12 PM
David Reuteler

Default Peace Themed Jerseys?

In rec.bicycles.misc Marlene Blanshay wrote:
: I saw a photo of a protest march taken last year near the white house, and
: some woman was holding up a sign that said "George Eat my Bush!" I thought
: it was hilarious, and I don't think I'd have the nerve! ANother one I
: thought was funny: "Texas of Evil."

last feb in sydney, australia i saw:

"Come back Willy, all the Monica you can eat."
--
david reuteler

Old January 6th 04, 04:18 PM
Chris

"David L. Johnson" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 18:49:07 -0600, Kevan Smith wrote:

I protested the Iraq war at a Bush rally and was threatened with arrest.

I also
protested in front of a federal building and was threatened with various

bodily
harm and had a gun pointed at me. And I protested in front of an Air

Force base
and got lots of supportive feedback and police protection.

You chose your locales in order to maximize the chance of your being
arrested.

--

Yeah, good observation. Look at all the effective protests held in front of
pet stores, McDonalds', Ikeas, etc. Why would anyone protesting government

Chris

Old January 6th 04, 04:38 PM
Shaun Rimmer

"Penny S" (Mamma Spamma) wrote:

context snipped

( aw what the heck, I'll throw in my sig)

--
Specialty Outdoors
Modification & Repair of Outdoor Gear & Clothing

SPAAAAMMMM!!!!

Shaun aRe - You are SOOOOO reported young lady!

',;~}~

Old January 6th 04, 05:00 PM
Corvus Corvax

David Reuteler wrote

nobody in the USA under 40 irons anything. if my mother taught me it was
probably for cub scouts or something silly like that and i've long since
forgotten. even the poor sods who have to dress nice for work just take
their stuff to the dry cleaner. never even owned an iron.

perhaps now the exceptions will prove the rule by posting.

I'll step up to the plate on this one. Any man who doesn't know how to
properly iron a collared shirt is uneducated. Being proud of not
knowing how to iron (or cook) is like being proud of not knowing how
to read.

CC
Old January 6th 04, 05:02 PM
David Kerber

In article ,
says...
bomba wrote:
On Tue, 06 Jan 2004 09:40:08 -0500, John Harlow wrote:

Why not? Lowering demand tends to lower prices.

Because fuel is produced to meet demand, and the more you produce,
the cheaper it is per unit to produce. Learn about "economies of
scale" from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economies_of_scale.

Your argument in this case is flawed on several levels.

Firstly, fuel is not produced to meet demand. The demand for fuel is
actually higher than supply, but supply is artificially restricted by
OPEC. This keeps prices substantially higher than if price were
determined in a non-cartel controlled market.

OPEC controls the price of the source material- a relative constant.
Refining and distributing large volumes reduces the total cost per unit of
product.

Secondly, economies of scale refer to single companies rather than an
entire market. Although oil production is a massive industry, it is
split among many companies.

Whether it's 1 or 1000 companies making the same product, the more each
company makes, the cheaper it is to make.

True economies of scale can only occur at full production and as has
been pointed out, supply is restricted.

Correct, maximum production efficiency occurs at highest production levels.

And finally, economies of scale allow greater efficiency and lower
production costs per unit, but supply and demand has a much greater
impact on price than economies of scale ever will.

Which is ironic considering the US, who is the highest consumer of energy
per capita, pays the lowest per unit.

How much is petrol in countries with inefficient refining and distribution
systems? Remember, the demand is low!

The biggest reason prices are high in many countries is taxes, not
production costs.

--
Dave Kerber
Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!

Old January 6th 04, 05:18 PM
Mojo Deluxe

"William Paling" wrote in message
om...
Does anyone know where you can buy cycling jerseys with an anti-war or
anti-Bush theme?

Thanks,
Bill

You sir, are a master troll. Nice job Bill.

Old January 6th 04, 05:29 PM
Craig Brossman

Corvus Corvax wrote:

David Reuteler wrote

nobody in the USA under 40 irons anything. if my mother taught me it was
probably for cub scouts or something silly like that and i've long since
forgotten. even the poor sods who have to dress nice for work just take
their stuff to the dry cleaner. never even owned an iron.

perhaps now the exceptions will prove the rule by posting.

I'll step up to the plate on this one. Any man who doesn't know how to
properly iron a collared shirt is uneducated. Being proud of not
knowing how to iron (or cook) is like being proud of not knowing how
to read.

CC

Amen Mr. Corvax, though I can't personally refute Mr. Reuteler's claim
because I am over 40.
I also happen to be frugal, prefering to do anything I am capable of
myself rather than paying someone else. This includes wrenching on all
our rides.

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado
(remove ".nospam" to reply)

Old January 6th 04, 05:49 PM
David Reuteler

In rec.bicycles.misc Corvus Corvax wrote:
: I'll step up to the plate on this one. Any man who doesn't know how to
: properly iron a collared shirt is uneducated. Being proud of not
: knowing how to iron (or cook) is like being proud of not knowing how
: to read.

what the hell is a collared shirt?
--
david reuteler