Peace Themed Jerseys?

Old January 6th 04, 05:55 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

Default Peace Themed Jerseys?

--

"Davide Tosi" wrote in message
(William Paling) wrote:

Does anyone know where you can buy cycling jerseys with an anti-war or
anti-Bush theme?

You better buy a rope and hang yourself.
And remember, in Europe, where cycling is born, this is *THE* right wing
sport.

Dear Wacko -

Most sportsmen I know believe politics and sport should be kept separate.

Old January 6th 04, 06:03 PM
Stephen Baker

Matt O'Toole says:

Yeah, name one great thing or idea to come from Switzerland...

Methinks you need to read a little history - Swiss history...
Old January 6th 04, 06:06 PM
David Reuteler

In rec.bicycles.misc Matt O'Toole wrote:
: Yeah, name one great thing or idea to come from Switzerland...

well, me in part. and those .. well, umm, .... errr. well, that's one.
--
david reuteler

Old January 6th 04, 06:08 PM
Mike Iglesias

In article ,
Matt O'Toole wrote:
Yeah, name one great thing or idea to come from Switzerland...

Chocolate?

--
Mike Iglesias Email:
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926

Old January 6th 04, 06:10 PM
Jonesy

Paladin wrote in message ...
William Paling wrote:

Does anyone know where you can buy cycling jerseys with an anti-war or
anti-Bush theme?

But don't forget, boys and girls, "Peace follows Victory."

If you are Germany or Japan, peace also follows defeat.

Appeasement
or accomodation of evil is not peace, it is usually just cowardice.

Tell that to Rummy, Reagan and Bush the Elder, who all "looked the
other way" when Saddam was our pal. Claiming the moral high ground is
tough when your Enemy No. 1 was your pal 14 years ago, just because
his neighbor was Enemy No. 2 at the time. This kind of moral
relativism is one of the big problems I have with Bush apologists.

The others, in no particular order:

"If you're not behind Bush 100%, you're a traitor." Sure thing, Ms.
Coulter.

The moving target for the rationale of changing a century of foreign
policy, and providing that example for other nations to use - probably
when we least like it.

The use of U.N resolutions as a rationale for a "go." If the U.N. has
authority (moral or real) to impose sanctions or define a nation's
behavior, then that includes ALL member nations. Including the U.S.
You can't just pick and choose which U.N. resolutions are convenient.

The propaganda attempting to place Iraq and al Qaeda within the same
sphere.

The administration, and any of the war apologists, have one leg to
stand on: that Iraq failed to live up to the cease-fire agreement.
Period. But it seems unlikely that Congress would have green-lighted
on that basis. Which is why a WMD and/or terrorist link needed to be
promulgated.

I had two objections to the war in the beginning: the justification,
and the post-war plan. The justification, due to the policy of
pre-emption. I felt that you had better have a rock-solid case, and
be able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that your actions are
totally and completely justified. The post-war plan due to the likely
fractioning of Iraq into religious/ethnic parts.

But to listen to folks talk, that makes me a Saddam-lover and an
appeaser. And immoral to boot. Heh. The way I figured it: every
SAM launched was an act of war. Somehow, I think McCain would have
handled it all better. Being a real vet and all.

Mr. Brown, it ain't black and white. In the realm of international
politics, I'm not sure it ever has been, or ever will be. To have
calm, rational discussion over the din of emotional name-calling is
nearly impossible in any case.

I'm sorry it wasn't more flammable. Maybe next time?
--
Jonesy
Old January 6th 04, 06:21 PM
S o r n i

Matt O'Toole wrote:

Yeah, name one great thing or idea to come from Switzerland...

Leggy supermodels spring to mind.

Bill "Danish, but close enough" S.

Old January 6th 04, 06:33 PM
David Reuteler

In rec.bicycles.misc Penny S wrote:
: Chocolate

the mayans invented chocolate ca 500 AD. the swiss didn't get around to their
contribution until 1875 when milk chocolate was first put on the market.
4 years later they invented a chocolate that melts in your mouth by heating
and rolling to refine it.

i don't like chocolate for some reason (i'm a mutant) so i didn't think to
mention the obvious.

http://www.chocolatemonthclub.com/chocolatehistory.htm
--
david reuteler

Old January 6th 04, 06:40 PM
MattB

Stewart Fleming wrote:
Kevan Smith wrote:

Not on jerseys, but on other polyester things.

Most iron-on transfers only work on cotton. Yes, hot iron on
polyester is not good. Did your mother not teach you how to iron?

I think all the ski wax in my iron would mess up my clothes! My mother
taught me to respect my clothes and not mess them up!

Matt

Old January 6th 04, 06:43 PM
Penny S

MattB scribbled on a scrap of paper:
Stewart Fleming wrote:
Kevan Smith wrote:

Not on jerseys, but on other polyester things.

Most iron-on transfers only work on cotton. Yes, hot iron on
polyester is not good. Did your mother not teach you how to iron?

I think all the ski wax in my iron would mess up my clothes! My mother
taught me to respect my clothes and not mess them up!

Matt

I keep one for waxing, one for ironing, one for fusing - doesn't everyone do
it that way?

P.