This has got to be some sort of record!

Old October 29th 09, 12:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Simon Lewis

Default This has got to be some sort of record!

Bill Baka writes:

Simon Lewis wrote:
Bill Baka writes:

Simon Lewis wrote:
Cows are not as dumb as people think and they know the farmer. And the
farmer is rarely on a bike for this.

Cycling through Cows can be very, very dangerous as I discovered this
year.

Cows????
Try Buffalo.

I might have known "Crazy Bill Baka" would improve on this. Even though
I wasn't offering my experience as that of a seasoned survival expert
and dog whisperer like you Bill

Well, dip ****, I tried sneaking past a few on foot many years ago, and
the males don't want any one or anything on their turf. Experienced at
running from a *huge* male buffalo.

One might EXPECT hassle with Buffalo .. but many dont with normally
docile Cows.

I don't think the cows would chase you but if there was a bull in the
mix you would certainly have an interesting ride *through* cows, your
words.

Through cows yes. There were many. And they DO run and chase. And DO
kill.

Hint do you never weave/cycle through traffic? You're such an arse at
times.

They look innocent but are worse than bulls if they decide to have a bad
day.

They look innocent? Right ....

How does one cycle 'through' a cow?

Your words, fool.

Yes. And anyone sane would understand them.

I guess the same way a Bull ****s using you.

Am I squeezing your head?

Wrecking it, maybe.

Bill Baka

Old October 29th 09, 01:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dan C

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 20:50:45 -0700, Bill Baka wrote:

Cycling through Cows can be very, very dangerous as I discovered this
year.

Cows????
Try Buffalo.

Well, hell, Bill. Why **** around with stupid, slow, bovine-ish
critters? Tell us how you've cycled in amongst the Rhinos, Lions,
Grizzlies, and Alligators.

I'm sure you've done that, right Bill?

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he garotted another passing Liberal.
Old October 29th 09, 01:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dan C

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009 21:01:40 -0700, Bill Baka wrote:

Bill, where are the pics you promised to post? How about you post
some pics of these high-speed cows and other farm animals that you
play with. Can you do that, Bill, or is all of this just more fantasy
and fabrication?

Dunno about high speed, but they can certainly do a decent trot,
probably more typically about 8mph, use the stile, dont try to use a
gate , they'll push through and you'll get the blame.

First, they didn't pace me for a full mile.

Well, you *said* they did, Bill. Here's your direct quote:

Last year I was out in the boondocks pushing about 12 MPH into a
headwind when a small herd of cows decided to pace me. With all the
bells it was a constant dingle-ling for about a mile then they had to
stop for a fence.

What do you have to say about that, Bill? It's right there. You said
they followed you until they hit the fence, for a mile. Can you wiggle
out of that?

Second, 12 MPH is kind of a light trot for a cow.

Wrong, Bill. That's pretty fast for a cow, and there's no way they would
do it for an entire mile.

Oh, actually you claimed they did it for *another* mile on your way back,
sometime later in the day:

On the way back they did the same thing, following next to me until
they hit the fence.

That's another direct quote, Bill.

What say you, Bill?

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he garotted another passing Liberal.
Old October 29th 09, 01:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Simon Lewis

Dan C writes:

[...]

Bill's posts are so extreme I googled some more. He seems even more of a
bull****ter when it comes to Operating Systems. Some of his claims
beggar belief. Is he trolling?

Old October 29th 09, 04:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike A Schwab

On Oct 25, 8:28*pm, (It's Chris) wrote:
Went on a 54 mile ride today with a friend through King's Mountain State
Park. As we were winding up the last few miles we passed through the
microscopic city (yes, its a city) of Smyrna SC, two dogs started
chasing us. Well, chasing is a liberal term; they weren't barking,
snarling or biting at our heels, just running after/with us.

And running...

And running...

And running!

After two miles, one of them dropped off.

The other kept running,

and running.

After about three miles we stopped, got a plastic cup out of the gutter,
poured some water in it and offered it to the other one. Yeah, he was
still running with us, at an average speed of 12-14 *miles an hour! He
wouldn't take any of he water, he just kept nuzzling for us to pet him.

After about a minute of him refusing anything other than attention, we
put the cup down, thinking he might take it, or at least stop on his way
back home, for as we continued on he continued to follow us, never
slowing. He just kept running.

And running.

And running.

And running.

We finally lost him as we pulled into the town of Hickory Grove, after
FOUR AND A HALF MILES!

What's the farthest y'all have ever been chased by the same dog?

*- -
Compliments of:
"Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"

If you want to E-mail me use:
ChrisZCorner "at" webtv "dot" net

My website:http://geocities.com/czcornerG'BYE :-3(

My friend Karl Kohlrus in Springfield IL had a friendly dog follow him
for a 26 mile loop.
The owners were waiting for him when they got back.
Next day started to follow him again but stopped after a few hundred
feet.
Old October 29th 09, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike A Schwab

On Oct 28, 10:50*pm, Bill Baka wrote:
Simon Lewis wrote:
Cows are not as dumb as people think and they know the farmer. And the
farmer is rarely on a bike for this.

Cycling through Cows can be very, very dangerous as I discovered this
year.

Cows????
Try Buffalo.
They look innocent but are worse than bulls if they decide to have a bad
day.
How does one cycle 'through' a cow?

Bill Baka

I had a friend a couple of years ago TBone a cow loose on the road in
Pennsylvania on a downhill about 30 mph. Totaled the bicycle and a
little road rash on him.
Old October 29th 09, 04:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike A Schwab

On Oct 28, 11:01*pm, Bill Baka wrote:
Note: I have no clue how fast a cow *can* run if motivated.
There is no Kentucky Derby for cows.
Might be funny to have one????

Bill Baka

Dan C seems to be bored today, anyone else want him?

Take a radar gun to a rodeo calf roping contest?
Old October 29th 09, 10:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dan C

On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 14:40:45 +0100, Simon Lewis wrote:

Dan C writes:

[...]

Oh, I'm well familiar with his OS trolling. He claims to use Linux, but
does not, and was highly active in some Linux newsgroups in the past. In
recent months he has been run out of town on a rail, by those Linux users
(including myself) who can spot his bull**** a mile away. He's a
complete and utter whack-job, who lives in a fantasy world and makes up
all kinds of stories about his "accomplishments". He's a liar and a
bull****ter, and is not to be believed on anything.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he garotted another passing Liberal.
Old October 30th 09, 12:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
thirty-six

On 29 Oct, 16:18, Mike A Schwab wrote:
[...]

I had a dog that kept loping off on his own. In five minutes he could
be a mile away but never went further. After being in for a couple of
days I though i better take him for a walk before he does one. I had
some time to spare and was feeling quite good and I walked him for
fifteen miles. Both mine and his feet were burning when we got home.
The next day I asked him whether he wanted walking. He moved his eyes
and nothing else. I closed on him and his tail flicked once. He was
happy but there was no way he was leaving the house. He stayed in bed
until the evening.
Old October 30th 09, 12:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
smharding

Brian Huntley wrote:
On Oct 27, 7:40 pm, Stephen Harding wrote:

Stephen Harding wrote:

Took one of my favorite pictures the

http:dandenong.cs.umass.edu/bike/nd_oldhouse.jpg

Make thathttp://dandenong.cs.umass.edu/~harding/bike/nd_oldhouse.jpg

SMH

I trimmed the broken link back to http://dandenong.cs.umass.edu/ which
says "Welcome to the Center for Intelligent Information Retrieval" and
a broken link. I think that's the funnies thing I've seen today.

Yes that is where I worked for 13 years and my web pages
are located on that server.

The trimmed link you get is the "IR Lab" (Information Retrieval]
lab where I used to work, so it's not actually that weird a
connection.

SMH