Lancashire Cycle Rides in Blackburn Visitor Centre (i)

Old June 10th 05, 04:56 PM
footybet.net

Default Lancashire Cycle Rides in Blackburn Visitor Centre (i)

Family Cycle Routes in East Lancashire
6 Routes amongst Natural Beauty

Lancashire Cycleway
Cycle Route 90 & 91
Win a FREE T-Shirt

Old Tramway Cycle Route
Part of Sustrans Route 55
Preston to Bamber Bridge and Lostock Hall

West Accrington Cycle Path
Accrington to Church to Oswaldtwistle

Preston to Lancaster
Sustrans National Cycle Network Route No 6

if anyone lives in Lancashire, I am sure some of these routes
may be close to home
I will try as many as possible and let you know how they are

Old June 10th 05, 05:28 PM
Treefrog

"footybet.net" wrote in message
oups.com...

if anyone lives in Lancashire, I am sure some of these routes
may be close to home
I will try as many as possible and let you know how they are

The best riding in Lancs is without a doubt (in my opinion) Rivington Pike.
There's fantastic roads for roadies, unending XC terrain for mountain
bikers and a few great (although short) downhill runs for nutters. You can
even start in Chorley, near Bottany Bay, and ride along to canal until
Adlington then up to "Rivi" which serves as either a) a worm up for XC
riders, or b) a family run.

Great.... just a shame about most of the locals... hehehe. Oh, that would be
me.

Old June 10th 05, 09:03 PM
Random

Where did you get this info - Is it a leaflet from the visitor centre?
If so, where's the visitor centre?

I've only lived in and around Blackburn since being born in the early 70s!
Maybe I should know where it is by now

Mind you, a Visitor's Centre? who'd want to visit Blackburn?

Let us know what you think of the rides - I tend to cycle round Clayton,
Accy, Church, Blackburn, Clitheroe and Whalley so some new routes would be
nice.

Regards

Old June 11th 05, 02:09 PM
footybet.net

the visitor centre is on Church Street in Blackburn Town Centre
there are 5 leaflets for cycle routes...

Who is going to Interbike? Bruce Gilbert Techniques 2 October 10th 03 09:26 PM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
CTC / Cycle Campaign Network Autumn Conference Simon Geller UK 0 September 2nd 03 11:15 AM
Pick 'n Pay Cape Argus Cycle Tour - Cape Town, South Africa, 2004 David Cowie Racing 0 August 28th 03 10:29 PM
Pick 'n Pay Cape Argus Cycle Tour - Cape Town, South Africa, 2004 David Cowie UK 0 August 28th 03 10:29 PM