Anyone in Melbourne got a "bike trainer" rig with power indicator?

Old August 22nd 05, 12:06 PM
Russell Lang

Default Anyone in Melbourne got a "bike trainer" rig with power indicator?

Hi,

I want to do some tests on the power output of an electric
power assist bike. Does anyone in Melbourne have a
bike trainer with a power indicator that I could use?
Because the motor is on the front wheel of the bike, it will
be necessary to set the resistance so the motor can run with
various loads and various speeds. I think it will be necessary
to start with low resistance so the bike motor can start moving,
then increase resistance to vary the motor speed.
It would be helpful if the power indicator is accurate to
10% or better. Actually what I really want is a calibrated
dynamometer, but I doubt someone would have that at home.

To reply by email you will need to remove some characters
from my address.

Old August 22nd 05, 02:46 PM
Bleve

Russell Lang wrote:
Hi,

I want to do some tests on the power output of an electric
power assist bike. Does anyone in Melbourne have a
bike trainer with a power indicator that I could use?

I have a fluid-2, which has a chart of speed vs power, if that
helps? It's got exponential increase in power requirements
relative to speed.

Old August 22nd 05, 10:17 PM
Russell Lang

"Bleve" wrote in message
oups.com...

Russell Lang wrote:
Hi,

I want to do some tests on the power output of an electric
power assist bike. Does anyone in Melbourne have a
bike trainer with a power indicator that I could use?

I have a fluid-2, which has a chart of speed vs power, if that
helps? It's got exponential increase in power requirements
relative to speed.

Thanks. I found the user manual on the cycle-ops site.
The fluid-2 would probably work to get one stable reading,
but not several since the you can't adjust the resistance.
Your trainer would be useful for using non-portable meters
for measurements. I'll contact you if I'd like to use it.